Wonder if Dak is getting sick of this?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I mean, look what he did in his FIRST year in the league. He took the team as far as Romo ever did...I like Romo and all but Dallas struck oil with Dak and sometimes don't seem to appreciate it. What does Dak have to do to end the dumb talk?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ys-qb-coach-tony-romo-return-fun-to-speculate

All he can do is keep showing how good he is and not worry about it. Romo played well throughout his career yet still gets unfairly blamed for the team's failures or being a choker when the facts show that he was not. Emmitt is downgraded some when talk of the best RBs comes up because of his offensive line/offense, same with Troy because of the running game.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Who cares? He inherited the most perfect offense any rookie has in NFL history.

He didn't take it anywhere. It took him, and he was good enough not to screw it up.
I can't believe these ppl...

Did u not watch Cassel and weeden in 2015

DFWJC

Reaction score
I mean, look what he did in his FIRST year in the league. He took the team as far as Romo ever did...I like Romo and all but Dallas struck oil with Dak and sometimes don't seem to appreciate it. What does Dak have to do to end the dumb talk?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ys-qb-coach-tony-romo-return-fun-to-speculate
summer click bait.

Dak is the future

Anyway, Dak can handle trivial/meaningless stuff like this. If not, he'd have no business being the QB of Dallas. But since he can, and easily, then the point is moot.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Who cares? He inherited the most perfect offense any rookie has in NFL history.

He didn't take it anywhere. It took him, and he was good enough not to screw it up.

Certainly, playing in this offense doesn't hurt, but there's a difference in not screwing it up and completing almost 70 percent of your passes with 23 TD throws, 4 ints. and 6 rushing TDs, with a 104.9 passer rating. Prescott was much more of a contributor to this offense's success than he was a passenger.

gimmesix

Reaction score

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh good, another thread about something we've already beaten to death. I just love the late offseason when the bones of everything worthy to discuss has been picked clean of meat.

erod

Reaction score
I wish there were a "dislike" option for this. Sorry man, but you're completely off base.

Hopefully it's sarcasm or you're morning drinking.

And we had a similar team structure in 2014... How far did Romo take that? Or was Romo also just good enough to not screw it up?

Romo put that ball perfectly right on Dez. There's your scapegoat. Along with Murray, who fumbled an easy touchdown run that would have put Dallas up 24-7 at the half.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Certainly, playing in this offense doesn't hurt, but there's a difference in not screwing it up and completing almost 70 percent of your passes with 23 TD throws, 4 ints. and 6 rushing TDs, with a 104.9 passer rating. Prescott was much more of a contributor to this offense's success than he was a passenger.

The said the same of Nick Foles a few years ago...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo put that ball perfectly right on Dez. There's your scapegoat. Along with Murray, who fumbled an easy touchdown run that would have put Dallas up 24-7 at the half.
This is not even remotely disputable.
All this Romo stuff is old news. But anyone who would even think about putting that GB game on Tony loses all football cred from me (not that they'd care:muttley:)

The ball barely hit the ground all day on pass plays. Despite a ramped up pass rush in the 2nd half, that Dez pass was the only "incompletion".
2 TDs, 0 ints, and an outworldly 146.6 QB rating.
yet somehow, there are $%#&(*&^$%^#@$%...uh, people... who would find ways to blame him for the loss.

This is the only topic that gets me worked up around here. Otherwise I'm pretty happy all the time.
Romo has moved on ...this will be good for me in that sense.:laugh:

Go get 'em Dak

gimmesix

Reaction score
The said the same of Nick Foles a few years ago...

And ... he wasn't a passenger, either. If you're throwing that out there to say Dak equals Foles, then that's silly.

He could be RGIII or he could be Russell Wilson. He could be Foles or he could be Peyton Manning.

All we can judge right now is his rookie season, and it was great by anyone's standards.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
If I'm Mr Prescott I pay no attention to the Romo talk just play football Romo had his
chance in Dallas he failed, Now Dak has the opportunity to cement his legacy so let
that be the focus young man

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who the QB is, what matters is he plays for the Cowboys. And the media obviously HATES the Cowboys. Romo will forever be remembered as messing up that hold instead of having the best passer rating in 'Boys history. The media doesn't look at the good things the Cowboys have accomplished, they wait and thrive on the ugly so they can chew their bone.

Dak has yet to be in a slump including college. The media just likes using his name because he's affiliated with the Cowboys. It brings attention, then when the kid' playing lights out, they continue the hate even more. Get ready media, he's only going to get better along with the rest of the Cowboys. Win us another SB soon so we as fans can continue laughing!:D
first-rookie-ob-to-start-7-1-since-big-bei-ben-6068102.png

Last edited: