Woodson on Dak’s Cowboys Contract: 'Pay the Man'

Dre11

Reaction score
The passing game is a dud right now by primarily dropping Dak back into the pocket. He is not comfortable playing from there. They don't run enough RPOs. The running game is fine.

He's dropping back because he has to, teams are making it a point to keep him in the pocket, at some point he'll have to throw from the pocket anyways to be successful.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"We're going to be able to cover up those warts..." High praise indeed.
I had a wart when I was in college, between work and school I didn't have time to go to the doctor. So, I went to the shop at work, cut it out with a box blade and the grinded a welding rod until it got red hot and stuck it in the middle of the wound. Burned the hell out of it. It never came back and heeled quite nicely. The wart is Linehans offense, it needs to be cut out and his playbook needs to be burned.

GenoT

Reaction score
He's dropping back because he has to, teams are making it a point to keep him in the pocket, at some point he'll have to throw from the pocket anyways to be successful.
Totally agree.

And why I keep wondering if Kellen “Look, Ma, I’m Learning On The Job!” Moore is the best QB coach available to quickly and efficiently (please reread: quickly and efficiently) develop Dak’s so-far inconsistent pocket passing skills?

Despite what anyone might believe otherwise, Jerry Jones is gonna pay Dak Prescott a boatload of $$$$ and declare him our franchise QB going forward. Might it then also be wise for JJ to go the extra distance and spend whatever it takes to get the most experienced and proven QB coach available, in order to maximize his inve$tment?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I had a wart when I was in college, between work and school I didn't have time to go to the doctor. So, I went to the shop at work, cut it out with a box blade and the grinded a welding rod until it got red hot and stuck it in the middle of the wound. Burned the hell out of it. It never came back and heeled quite nicely. The wart is Linehans offense, it needs to be cut out and his playbook needs to be burned.
Linny is dug in like a planters wart. Need to remove every layer until the root is gone.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Formations, motion and play calling can help assist Dak. Of course he will need to pass from the pocket at times, but not 80% of the time. It's more the Cowboys scheme that makes him a pocket passer.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, Romo owe Woodson money? How many comebacks has each QB led in his career?

I would be willing to bet there are some players on the Romo teams that would take exception with Woodson's characterization of their sideline.

So, you're in a shootout, which QB do you want?

Dre11

Reaction score
Formations, motion and play calling can help assist Dak. Of course he will need to pass from the pocket at times, but not 80% of the time. It's more the Cowboys scheme that makes him a pocket passer.

Again, you're still working with a developing qb, who came out needing work and wasn't suppose to start for a year or two. Not only does motions confuse the defense, it can confuse a young qb and young WRs,and TEs.
I guarantee as Dak grows you'll see a lot more motions and pre snap window dressing.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Again, you're still working with a developing qb, who came out needing work and wasn't suppose to start for a year or two. Not only does motions confuse the defense, it can confuse a young qb and young WRs,and TEs.
I guarantee as Dak grows you'll see a lot more motions and pre snap window dressing.

Players are constantly developing. After the 2nd full year starting, the game should have slowed down for him and he should be showing a strong progression in his playing skills, instead he is showing signs of regressing. It's not going to be perfect, but it should be constantly improving. Unfortunately, it could be the Cowboys themselves holding the guy back.