Woodson on Dak’s Cowboys Contract: 'Pay the Man'

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
.....excluding, of course, the numerous instances when Dak was not clutch when needed to be, and Romo was.

Statistical cherry-picking tires me.
What numerous instances are those? Dak has been much more clutch, as you can see by his 3 straight winning seasons and also outplaying Rodgers in the playoffs.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Foles has only been clutch for the eagles

He won a Super Bowl. That is quite the accomplishment on his resume.

What numerous instances are those? Dak has been much more clutch, as you can see by his 3 straight winning seasons and also outplaying Rodgers in the playoffs.

Dak only looked good in 2016. If Zeke had been suspended for all of 2017, would that have been a wining season? If there was no Coop trade, would this be a wining season. Many of us see Dak being carried by Coop, Zeke and the D this season. Also, how losing a playoffs game being clutch? By definition Clutch means you win. Romo had similar performances like that game, and people said he choked. So in essence you can say that Dak choked in 2016 too

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Dak only looked good in 2016. If Zeke had been suspended for all of 2017, would that have been a wining season? If there was no Coop trade, would this be a wining season. Many of us see Dak being carried by Coop, Zeke and the D this season. Also, how losing a playoffs game being clutch? By definition Clutch means you win. Romo had similar performances like that game, and people said he choked. So in essence you can say that Dak choked in 2016 too
You are playing the what if game. Since you don't like Dak of course your what if is negative. Last season Zeke missed 6 games and Dak went 3-3 in those games. Even when Zeke came back they lost to Seattle.

Dak had 300 yards 3 TDs 0 picks in that playoff game. Defense gave up a last second catch that allowed the Packers to kick the game winning FG....... How did Dak choke? He didn't fumble the FG, or throw a pick in the 4th quarter, or throw an incomplete deep pass on 4th down instead of getting the first down. People said Romo choked because of all the mistakes he made in the big games. Dak isn't that way, most times he makes the play that helps win the game.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You are playing the what if game. Since you don't like Dak of course your what if is negative. Last season Zeke missed 6 games and Dak went 3-3 in those games. Even when Zeke came back they lost to Seattle.

Dak had 300 yards 3 TDs 0 picks in that playoff game. Defense gave up a last second catch that allowed the Packers to kick the game winning FG....... How did Dak choke? He didn't fumble the FG, or throw a pick in the 4th quarter, or throw an incomplete deep pass on 4th down instead of getting the first down. People said Romo choked because of all the mistakes he made in the big games. Dak isn't that way, most times he makes the play that helps win the game.

So Dak is a .500 quarterback, 3-3, without Zeke you are telling me. And back in 2007 when we lost to the giants, some people say that if Patrick Crayton would've caught that pass, but yet Romo gets credit for choking in 2007. Also by very definition of being clutch, you have to win, I find it absurd that you credit Dak for being a Clutch in a game we lost. As for Dak, I don't hate him, I was on the band wagon back in 2016, and then started to worry about his accuracy in 2017, and said in the post season in 2018 that I hope he can get his accuracy fixed. I would love nothing more for Dak to start playing like a franchise quarterback, but he isn't passing the eye test. You guys give him credit for being clutch for games where I think other players are making up for his short comings. I think to be clutch there are two factors involved. 1) your team wins the important game. 2) you actually contributed to the Win, instead of doing nothing significant or even worse hindered the team.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I agree not sure the team ever fully believed in Romo. Seems like this group backs Dak even though he's not very accurate.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So Dak is a .500 quarterback, 3-3, without Zeke you are telling me. And back in 2007 when we lost to the giants, some people say that if Patrick Crayton would've caught that pass, but yet Romo gets credit for choking in 2007. Also by very definition of being clutch, you have to win, I find it absurd that you credit Dak for being a Clutch in a game we lost. As for Dak, I don't hate him, I was on the band wagon back in 2016, and then started to worry about his accuracy in 2017, and said in the post season in 2018 that I hope he can get his accuracy fixed. I would love nothing more for Dak to start playing like a franchise quarterback, but he isn't passing the eye test. You guys give him credit for being clutch for games where I think other players are making up for his short comings. I think to be clutch there are two factors involved. 1) your team wins the important game. 2) you actually contributed to the Win, instead of doing nothing significant or even worse hindered the team.
Dak touches the ball on every offensive snap. How he doesn't get credit for wins but gets blame for losing is a double standard. By the way you can be clutch and still not win, perhaps the same ones you say carry Dak are the ones that didn't show up. Even the worst haters admit Dak is clutch.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had a wart when I was in college, between work and school I didn't have time to go to the doctor. So, I went to the shop at work, cut it out with a box blade and the grinded a welding rod until it got red hot and stuck it in the middle of the wound. Burned the hell out of it. It never came back and heeled quite nicely. The wart is Linehans offense, it needs to be cut out and his playbook needs to be burned.

I used the stuff in the image below. It was painless and took 5 minutes...

I do use electrical tape instead of band-aids or stitches. The tape can pull a big gaping cut together and avoid the need for stitches...

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used the stuff in the image below. It was painless and took 5 minutes...

I do use electrical tape instead of band-aids or stitches. The tape can pull a big gaping cut together and avoid the need for stitches...

I couldn't afford that in 1985. My way was cheaper. Hurt like hell, but cheaper! Lol

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak touches the ball on every offensive snap. How he doesn't get credit for wins but gets blame for losing is a double standard. By the way you can be clutch and still not win, perhaps the same ones you say carry Dak are the ones that didn't show up. Even the worst haters admit Dak is clutch.

So now touching the ball is enough to get credit for winning a game now...

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

0 picks? Dak slobberers are living in a weird fantasy world these days... but that kind of delusion is necessary for someone nutty enough to say Dak outplayed Aaron Rodgers under any circumstances, much less when he didn’t even win.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Like I said, the dak crowd likes to explain things with half truths too. Dak walked into a perfect situation: The best OL in the NFL, the ideal running back, a hall of famer tight end, plenty of other weapons. Aikman walked into the worst team in franchise history. Are you btw saying that Dak is better than troy aikman, out of curiosity? :)

Yep, One of the reasons Dak was so great his first 24 games is because things were incredible around him.

And that's exactly why now he is inconsistent. Those players around him are hurt or gone or were never that good to begin with.

Aikman was a more accurate passer. Dak better with his legs. Both are great leaders.

Aikman was better.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score

This is silly.

All those nonsense “if” scenarios. Look at reality. The QB has been clutch and has come through more often than not in his 3 year career. Dude has some things to work on but the foundation is there to be built on.

Now like all other QBs he needs weapons to succeed. He has played better with more weapons, which is what everyone should want. Not some weird guessing game of “what would be do without current weapons?” bizzaro world bs...

Geez