Woodson on Dak’s Cowboys Contract: 'Pay the Man'

erod

Reaction score
Bro, did you watch Aikman when the pocket collapsed? Most of the time he went down like a ton of bricks.. I still say that the offensive line has been terrible and allowing guys on him too quickly.
You cannot throw open receivers with a line like we have right now. He threw receivers open his rookie year all the time because he had time.. I've seen him thread the needle, hence, look back to the oline.
I like Dak and believe he will progress as the team progress's... Peace
Troy would get rid of the ball. Dak holds it forever. Every play is not a jail break.

This offensive line has produced the top running back in football. Again. Dak should be tearing it up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This offense barely functions. And that's with a top 3 RB.

If you are paying Dak, he needs a totally new system and schemes more suited to his very limited abilities. And that means dumping the offensive coaches.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
What do you think terms like Romo friendly and Dak friendly mean?

Well, when we set out to make the offense "Romo friendly" he re wrote the franchise record book for passing.

We've jettisoned players and done all sorts of stuff to make the offense "Dak Friendly" and the result is the 24th ranked passing attack in the league.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
“You’ve got to pay the man,” Woodson said. “I’m not a Dak apologist, because I don’t think he’s accurate enough with the football. I wish he could play four quarters of error-free football, but you’re not going to get that with Dak Prescott. You’re not.

This from someone who wants to back up the Brinks truck....I just threw up in my mouth.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Who says pay him like a 1st rounder, you pay him his market rate/value for a starting qb.. That has nothing to do with a round he was selected for

Come on Dre. Legions of people (including Jerry, unfortunately) are talking about paying Dak like a franchise quarterback.

There's a big difference between being paid like a "starting" QB and a top tier QB.
Woodson, and others, are talking about paying Dak in the neighborhood of $15-20 million a year.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who says pay him like a 1st rounder, you pay him his market rate/value for a starting qb.. That has nothing to do with a round he was selected for
Well the market dictates that he will be getting paid in the same range as many of the better QB's in the league. Terrible signings/extensions such as Garropollo (however you spell it), Glennon (Bears), Bortles, Cousins, Flacco, and Carr have made it what it is. He will be overpaid based on talent but market rate based on comparison.

Long story short, he will be paid like a first round QB. He's going to get franchise QB money. At that point, the 4th round excuse has to stop. I didn't hear people making excuses about being undrafted at the time when Romo was being paid as a franchise QB. His first year or two? Sure. Once you get the big bucks, the draft position excuse is invalidated.

Dre11

Reaction score
Come on Dre. Legions of people (including Jerry, unfortunately) are talking about paying Dak like a franchise quarterback.

There's a big difference between being paid like a "starting" QB and a top tier QB.
Woodson, and others, are talking about paying Dak in the neighborhood of $15-20 million a year.

I never heard anyone say, let alone Jerry say he's going to be paid like a franchise qb, what ever that means, Jerry said he will be extended, that's all he said.

erod

Reaction score
This offense barely functions. And that's with a top 3 RB.

If you are paying Dak, he needs a totally new system and schemes more suited to his very limited abilities. And that means dumping the offensive coaches.
Russell Wilson would destroy teams with this scheme and personnel. And he's slightly above average.

What scheme would work with Dak? This ain't the SEC.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He will get a lot more than that. Jimmy G is making 27.5 mil a year. The niners went out and broke the market with that stupid crap.

johneric8

Reaction score
Exactly what evidence do you of Dak's superior leadership and grit, other than comments of people like Woodson?

Get back to me when Dak comes out of the locker room with broken ribs and a punctured lung and throws the game winning pass in overtime to Jessie freaking Holley, after changing the play sent in from the sidelines.

If people think Dak is a "leader" that's fine. I'm not sold but I understand opinions vary. That said, this droning mantra from Woodson and others that Dak is miles above Romo in terms of "desire" and "grit" and "leadership" is a heaping pile of bull-sh**. Nothing more, nothing less.

Come on man, Haven't you heard the players and coaches talking about his demeanor? Even Troy Aikman said there was something magnificent about his presence. I'm not going to hate on Romo, but he allientated many members of the teams he was on. Just look at his bromance with witten.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I never heard anyone say, let alone Jerry say he's going to be paid like a franchise qb, what ever that means, Jerry said he will be extended, that's all he said.
I have to agree. I haven't personally heard anyone say how much they're going to pay him.

johneric8

Reaction score
You have also seen him miss easy throws to open receivers. He is inconsistent.
Yes, but you also saw Romo trying to do too much and throw many timely interceptions! Romo missed throws as well to open receivers his first few years.
all qb's miss throws to open receivers, it happens every game.... Look on the bright side, Dak still has room to improve, he isn't the most accurate, but I believe
he can get better still at that facet of his game. He holds the ball too long at times, but we all know this is something he can improve on for sure. When he has time
he makes very good decisions. Give him a funtional oline and I believe we would see rookie dak.

Dre11

Reaction score
Well the market dictates that he will be getting paid in the same range as many of the better QB's in the league. Terrible signings/extensions such as Garropollo (however you spell it), Glennon (Bears), Bortles, Cousins, Flacco, and Carr have made it what it is. He will be overpaid based on talent but market rate based on comparison.

Long story short, he will be paid like a first round QB. He's going to get franchise QB money. At that point, the 4th round excuse has to stop. I didn't hear people making excuses about being undrafted at the time when Romo was being paid as a franchise QB. His first year or two? Sure. Once you get the big bucks, the draft position excuse is invalidated.

No, he's getting paid his market value as a starter period, round doesn't matter, you keep worrying about him being paid as a franchise qb, it's what you're going to have to pay any qb. Unless you want to play musical qbs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're right for most positions, qb isn't one of those, it's why it's the most busted position in the league. It's the hardest to learn even as a 1st round 1st overall pick, you're talking about a 4th round guy.
Right. Has the game slowed down for Mariota? Winston? Carr? There are things Dak needs to work on......but all young qbs have them.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, he's getting paid his market value as a starter period, round doesn't matter, you keep worrying about him being paid as a franchise qb, it's what you're going to have to pay any qb. Unless you want to play musical qbs.
You said it yourself. Round doesn't matter any more. Thank you for agreeing with me.

Reaction score
Russell Wilson would destroy teams with this scheme and personnel. And he's slightly above average.

What scheme would work with Dak? This ain't the SEC.
Russell Wilson is slightly above average? Russell Wilson is elite.

As for Dak, he can't run the system he is in today. That should be obvious to everyone. What would work? His mobility is his best trait. When he sets his feet and throws with authority he is decent. When he holds the ball too long and he panics is when he gets in trouble.

So eliminate his 3rd and 4th reads. Force him to get rid of the ball before the pass rush has a chance to screw with his head. Some roll outs and getting out of the pocket would be nice too. Maximize his best traits. Linehan has no clue how to do this.