Woodson on Dak’s Cowboys Contract: 'Pay the Man'

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Sorry Woodson, I tend to disagree. I like Dak, BUT it's obvious there's glaring needs on this football team? QB may very well be a need, but with no top pick and another season left on Dak's contract, that starting position will not be upgraded going into next season. With that said, better chill on paying the kid.

JBond

Reaction score
Normal regression from a improbable rookie season, there was always going to be a regression. There was no way he was going to duplicate that success. The two teams in year 2 and 3 were different teams from year one, they weren't as good on the offensive side.
So you agree he is regressing. Do you believe the Cowboys will make the coaching and scheme changes necessary to give him a chance?

black label

Reaction score
maybe he can do some commercials for this. "I'm not just a spokesman, I'm part owner!"

xdakx.jpg
:lmao:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Romo ain’t playing any more. We’re comparing Dakota to Mahomes

Double Fail

Ah think he just wants to put down Romo for either no good reason, or because it pisses off the people who are putting down Dak. It's getting pretty much predictable. If Dak loses in the playoffs, you'll see a comment putting down Zeek from him too, even if Zeek did good in that game.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak going to talk the offensive line, the wr's, the rb's to take a cut so we can sign him. LOL.
Kellen Moore is 9-6 with a scrub. I think we need to extend him.

Even better, Dak is such a good leader that he inspires his offensive line and receivers to play better. Because that is what leaders do. And none of the people who proclaim him as a leader have complained about the line or receivers this season.

Dre11

Reaction score
So you agree he is regressing. Do you believe the Cowboys will make the coaching and scheme changes necessary to give him a chance?

I don't think he regressing in the way most think, I think he regressed from 2016, but I feel he's developing the way they expected when they were going to sit him a year or two behind Romo. They're fine with what they have inmo , scheme is fine

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There is a difference between the great receivers making an occasional tough catch, versus it being a thing that we fans who are watching see in every game. This makes me think of what Michael Irvin said about Aikman, about how he could run his route and if he had his eyes clothes, many of those balls would hit him perfectly in the arms. I don't think that would be true with Dak at this point.
Aikman was 1-15 his rookie year, 7-9 his second.

Cowboysfan1985

Reaction score
Here’s a question, would you rather over pay Dak or draft a replacement/nab a free agent to put in as a system guy (What Dak already is) and use the cap space to keep the core of your system intact with key free agents?

kskboys

Reaction score
Woodson, if you just pay everyone, as you're suggesting, you will not sniff a super bowl. Why are you not interested in winning a super bowl?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Wow, Romo owe Woodson money? How many comebacks has each QB led in his career?

I would be willing to bet there are some players on the Romo teams that would take exception with Woodson's characterization of their sideline.

So, you're in a shootout, which QB do you want?
I would take Dak because he is clutch when needed most, Romo was the opposite.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Aikman was 1-15 his rookie year, 7-9 his second.

Like I said, the dak crowd likes to explain things with half truths too. Dak walked into a perfect situation: The best OL in the NFL, the ideal running back, a hall of famer tight end, plenty of other weapons. Aikman walked into the worst team in franchise history. Are you btw saying that Dak is better than troy aikman, out of curiosity? :)

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
Because all of them you just described hated Romo’s guts. It literally did not matter to them who was the next guy that took his place. That guy is going to be their hero and they are going to double down on him and defend him no matter what

It’s really not any more complicated than that
I don’t see why anybody would drag Romo into the conversation. I have been accused of being a Romo fanatic by these Dakettes and I honestly have never compared the two QBs. Romo has nothing to do with my opinion of Dak. I formed my opinion of Dak from following him from high school, then college, and now the pros. I was totally against wasting a pick on Dak because he had the same faults in college that he has now. He has not improved at all. He will never be an accurate QB on passes over 5 yards and his pocket awareness has always been horrible. Dak is not good at reading defenses either. No, Romo did not influence my opinion at all.

starcity214

Reaction score
Like I said, the dak crowd likes to explain things with half truths too. Dak walked into a perfect situation: The best OL in the NFL, the ideal running back, a hall of famer tight end, plenty of other weapons. Aikman walked into the worst team in franchise history. Are you btw saying that Dak is better than troy aikman, out of curiosity? :)

It goes over their heads bro..

By his logic, Jason Garrett is a better coach than Jimmy Johnson.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me just WHY Darren Woodson is so fervent in favor of Dak?

Not being anti-Dak, just wondering.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
.....excluding, of course, the numerous instances when Dak was not clutch when needed to be, and Romo was.

Statistical cherry-picking tires me.

And they going to pretend they want a clutch quarterback one minute, but when you suggest to pay Foles instead of Dak because he is more clutch, well it is a different story.