World Cup 2014

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How the heck did the German GK win the best GK award? During the tournament I don't think I heard is name too often as the best GK.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Why? If you don't like the game, you don't like the game. Stop bothering us that do.

oh little boy why don't you hold your breath and sit in the corner?

Just waiting for someone to explain how running around for 120 minutes and getting one single score is interesting.

joseephuss

Reaction score

Just waiting for someone to explain how running around for 120 minutes and getting one single score is interesting.

Why? You aren't going to agree with any explanation given to you. No, one is ever going to change your minde. You don't like soccer and that is okay. Stop being a bully and go away.

Szczepanik

Reaction score

You should take your own advice from your avatar.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
How the heck did the German GK win the best GK award? During the tournament I don't think I heard is name too often as the best GK.

Neuer is and was outstanding. Best keeper on the planet by some distance and he also had a good World Cup making some great saves and only conceded 4 goals.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
New fan of the World Cup. I really enjoyed the games I got to watch although I had no rooting interest.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Admittedly, I'm not a huge soccer fan to begin with. But man, the World Cup is so much less interesting without the US in it lol

Good game in the end, agree that I'm glad it didn't go to PKs.

I honestly wonder if there is anybody in the US has the skill to score like Gotze did.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
various:
Gratz to Germany. They were the top side over the course of the tourney and aside from a game 2 lul were outstanding.
The US parked bus versus Germany looks much smarter now that Argentina used same strat, lol.

Didn't agree with Messi or Nauer as award finalists but it what it is and winning elevates.
--I thought Robben was the best overall player I saw. --and i hate that dude.
--Thought Ochoa, Howard and Navas were all more impressive than Nauer because they faced much more pressure and made more saves.
--4 goals allowed is really impressive but Nauer faced the least shots on goal per game of any GK in this tourney. Nauer may well be best in the world but not sure he proved that here.

joseephuss

Reaction score
various:
Gratz to Germany. They were the top side over the course of the tourney and aside from a game 2 lul were outstanding.
The US parked bus versus Germany looks much smarter now that Argentina used same strat, lol.

Didn't agree with Messi or Nauer as award finalists but it what it is and winning elevates.
--I thought Robben was the best overall player I saw. --and i hate that dude.
--Thought Ochoa, Howard and Navas were all more impressive than Nauer because they faced much more pressure and made more saves.
--4 goals allowed is really impressive but Nauer faced the least shots on goal per game of any GK in this tourney. Nauer may well be best in the world but not sure he proved that here.

I would throw Romero into that last of GKs as well. He had a pretty good tournament. Got a shut out in each of the knockout rounds within regulation time and had some good saves in the PKs in the semis.

erickb

Reaction score

It's interesting because it is so hard to do, don't believe me go sign up for a adult rec soccer team and see how many goals you can score. Don't know why so many people hate soccer in the USA maybe they are afraid that is fast growing in America and the thought of something they don't like or understand makes them hate it even more.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Soccer to me is similar to hockey. Sometime they don't score much either.

Both sports require tremendous athleticism though & that is entertaining to me.

burmafrd

Reaction score
It's interesting because it is so hard to do, don't believe me go sign up for a adult rec soccer team and see how many goals you can score. Don't know why so many people hate soccer in the USA maybe they are afraid that is fast growing in America and the thought of something they don't like or understand makes them hate it even more.

you flatter yourself and your sport that you are important enough to hate.

Marathon running is much tougher and I could care less about it then soccer.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

This is really the gist of it.
Anyone on these threads that doesn't enjoy the game is here because they fear it... like older people have feared technology.

If not they'd just ignore the threads altogether and they'd die like the 100s of others.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

I think increasingly FIFA just wants to give the awards to whoever is there. Brazil's infrastructure is so awful that getting Robben and Cillessen back from Brasilia was going to be iffy. To me, those two were the stars of the tourney (James as well but they didn't go deep enough)

joseephuss

Reaction score
I think increasingly FIFA just wants to give the awards to whoever is there. Brazil's infrastructure is so awful that getting Robben and Cillessen back from Brasilia was going to be iffy. To me, those two were the stars of the tourney (James as well but they didn't go deep enough)

I didn't think Cillessen looked that good at all. He looked very bad against Mexico. He seemed so unsure of himself on several shot attempts in that game. He got subbed out for what was the third string keeper, Krul before going to PKs against Costa Rica. That is very telling. He did nothing during the PKs against Argentina. I don't think he starred in any way during the tournament. Especially compared to other keepers who seemed to play very well during the last month.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I'd never seen the actual World Cup trophy & geez what a letdown. It's so little.

I expected a Stanley Cup size trophy since it's such a big deal worldwide.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone should add up the scoring of all the World Cup games and see if that total comes close to equaling the largest number of points scored in the first half of a game by the lowest scoring NFL team last season. GOOOOOOOOAL! :)