World Cup: USA vs France thread

Phoenix

Reaction score
Go USA! Go USA! Go USA! :)

I plan to try to watch as much as I can from work using the wonderful and outstanding services of fromsportcom.com :)

Phoenix

Reaction score
Hope Solo's 100th start for the US? Is that what I heard?

Phoenix

Reaction score
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Great touch - that back heal touch started it all.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
France is putting a lot of pressure on the ball - US got to widen the game - make em run, they can't bunch up.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Goodness. Off the crossbar! France almost scored. Stupid Eurosport TV commentator: "Would have been great if that had gone in" :(

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
France is attacking like crazy - we look to slow to the ball - we better wake up.

Phoenix

Reaction score
USA had two scoring chances, blew them both. But France is controlling most of this match...everything but the score :)

Phoenix

Reaction score
three minutes in to 2nd half: USA keeps just turning the ball over and over and over this match.

Phoenix

Reaction score
France scored :(

Tied 1-1

Wicked bounce of the ball in front of a leaping Hope Solo...she couldn't get to it

Phoenix

Reaction score
Eurosport TV commentators (they're British) keep saying that the Brazil game obviously took too much out of the Americans...they are really sluggish, etc.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I don't know what the coach is waiting for to make some substitutions - anyone can see the French are out running us - our girls looked gassed.

No way we win without some subs - we can't even string more than 2 passes together.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Brits giving US coach props for the change to a 4-3-3 attack / defense

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
If we don't get 2 fresh girls in there we lose - its simple as that - tired players make dumb mistakes and we are doing that.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Brit commentators thought that was a foul on the French...they guy said, "You almost have to assault somebody to get a free kick out of that referee..."