World Series Astro's VS Dodgers

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
And hence the word BLASTRO's. Proof how bad they want this WS. Three times the Stros trailed, twice by three plus runs, but every time LA grabbed a lead, the Stro's fired back with home runs. I would say Morrow was a bit exhausted.
goose-laughing.gif

Without.
A.
Doubt!

And...
(Who knew the toughest team the Astros would face would be the Yankees in ALCS)

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Houston should be in great shape to take it in 6 with their ace starting.

Only causes for concern are Verlander has never gotten a W in the series (though the last start was his best and his team won) and he's complained about the balls being slicker. Whether they are or they aren't, it's in his head.

On the other side, the Dodgers have to be a little heartbroken after that last loss with their supposed ace on the mound. If the Astros can get to Hill early, that might be enough.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Last nights game was freaking unbelievable.

Remember the discussion we had about hitting and pitching? Well, last nights game was an example of hitting deciding the game IMO.

I remember it well.

Except for game 1....
Hitting has decided MOST of the World Series....... In my previous opinion.... in my current opinion. ;-)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I remember it well.

Except for game 1....
Hitting has decided MOST of the World Series....... In my previous opinion.... in my current opinion. ;-)

Would definitely not agree with this but that's fine. Last nights game, I would say that it was one of the rare exceptions to the rule. Good game.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Nah. Screw the Dodgers.

Go to work, give up on your team, and become an Angels fan.

I see I missed a great game. I am straight on the Angels fan although I watched them on channel 5 growing up. I only watched them when Garrett Anderson was playing.
My question is why you think the Dodgers are going to lose when going back home? They may still lose but didn't your Angels come back in the same fashion when the Giants put it on you guys in Game 5 of that series.
I know there are some Texas Rangers fans but didn't the Rangers lose both game 6 and 7 against the Cardinals? It is doable and based on how this series is going, nothing is a lock.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
If you have HD TV you could literally see Cody Bellinger's nerves on his first at bat. His eyes said OMG :eek: look at the lights, look at the atmosphere.

Also on his first at bat, Bellinger had to step back on one pitch to take a deep breath. I thought the kid was going to suffer a nervous break down but he stepped up like a boss.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
If you have HD TV you could literally see Cody Bellinger's nerves on his first at bat. His eyes said OMG :eek: look at the lights, look at the atmosphere.

Also on his first at bat, Bellinger had to step back on one pitch to take a deep breath. I thought the kid was going to suffer a nervous break down but he stepped up like a boss.

The Dodgers have an outstanding team. There is a reason they had the best record.

I like our chances but there is no lock. If it goes to game 7, the final score could be 20-19. Pitchers on both teams are spent.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Uhhhhh.... last night = exception?

Games 2 thru 5.... 7 runs, 5, 6 and 12 runs respectively.... disagree with “not agree” lol

Runs are not the ear mark or the water line that determine things in this. Runs are the by product of poor pitching.

Game 1:

Obviously pitching decided it. Kershaw give up 3 hits, 1 earned run and racks up 11Ks. 1.29 ERA in 7 innings. Relief posts a 0.0 ERA. Keuchel gives up 6 hits, 2 HRs, and that was the game.

Game 2:

Verlander gives up an uncharacteristic 2 HRs, 2 walks, 2 BBs and 3 ERs, posting a 4.5 ERA in 6 innings while Hill throws 4 strong innings for the Dodgers and posts a 2.25 ERA. Dodgers had that game won, neither team had very good middle relief but that game was decided by the closers. Devinski gave up a HR late and posted a 3.89 ERA but McCarthy was terrible. He posted an ERA of 18.00. That game was lost and won, literally, by the closers. That was entirely about pitching.

Game 3:

Darvish was terrible. The worst game he's ever thrown. He was pulled in the middle of the 2nd inning. Houston scored more runs in that 2nd inning (4) then LA scored the entire game (3). Darvish posted an ERA of 21.6 and that was the story of the game. Poor starting pitching by Darvish.

Game 4:

Good pitching by both teams the entire game, heading into the 9th inning. The difference, pitching. Tie ball game, 1-1 in the 8th. In the 9th, Giles comes in for the Astros and puts up an ERA of 27.00. Musgrove relieves him and is better but still posts a 9.0 ERA. Astros closers give up 5 runs in the 9th inning in a tie ball game. That whole story of that game was pitching. Dodgers got it the entire game, the Astros didn't.

Game 5:

Starting pitching was bad by both teams. Middle relief was bad by both teams. Closers were bad by both teams. Hitters dominated both pitching staffs the entire game. That game was decided by the hitters, pitchers were never in it.

So you can disagree with it, post another LOL but doesn't change the fact that pitching decided games 1-4 but not last night and there is no question of that. Those are the facts.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Runs are not the ear mark or the water line that determine things in this. Runs are the by product of poor pitching.

Sorry your opinion on why pitches were hit well by hitters is NOT FACTUAL.

Is that baseball gospel? Really?

How about hitters just got to the pitchers and took the, out of their game.

So in summary.... when hitters hit and score runs... it’s a byproduct of poor pitching..... ohhhhhhhh

L
O
L

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sorry your opinion on why pitches were hit well by hitters is NOT FACTUAL.

Is that baseball gospel? Really?

How about hitters just got to the pitchers and took the, out of their game.

So in summary.... when hitters hit and score runs... it’s a byproduct of poor pitching..... ohhhhhhhh

L
O
L

If the pitchers were on their games, had all there stuff working, were hitting all the corners and the hitters were still hitting the cover off the ball, then yeah, sure. Then it would be the hitters but that was not the case in any of those games. So no, it was not the hitters taking them out of their games. The Pitchers did not pitch well.

I'm sorry, you don't like the facts. Everything I posted are facts. Every pitcher threw for their stats so yes, those are the facts.

You don't like it, I get it. I tried to be cool with you and you just won't accept it. I tried to just disagree and leave it at that but you would not let it go. Now you don't like what the facts illustrate and you want to argue more. That's fine, go ahead and do that but what I said is still the truth.

Maybe if you used even larger fonts with the "LOL" and maybe change the color to make it stand out. Maybe that will help. Give it a shot.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If the pitchers were on their games, had all there stuff working, were hitting all the corners and the hitters were still hitting the cover off the ball, then yeah, sure. Then it would be the hitters but that was not the case in any of those games. So no, it was not the hitters taking them out of their games. The Pitchers did not pitch well.

I'm sorry, you don't like the facts. Everything I posted are facts. Every pitcher threw for their stats so yes, those are the facts.

You don't like it, I get it. I tried to be cool with you and you just won't accept it. I tried to just disagree and leave it at that but you would not let it go. Now you don't like what the facts illustrate and you want to argue more. That's fine, go ahead and do that but what I said is still the truth.

Maybe if you used even larger fonts with the "LOL" and maybe change the color to make it stand out. Maybe that will help. Give it a shot.

My friend. I let it go last week.

I didn’t tag you in my post today. YOU chimed in.

Your so called facts are still opinion.
Hitter only is given credit if pitcher doesn’t hit his spots? Ok. Fine.

All good. You “tried to be cool with me”? Don’t know what is supposed to mean. In my eyes...It’s STILL COOL.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
My friend. I let it go last week.

I didn’t tag you in my post today. YOU chimed in.

Your so called facts are still opinion.
Hitter only is given credit if pitcher doesn’t hit his spots? Ok. Fine.

All good. You “tried to be cool with me”? Don’t know what is supposed to mean. In my eyes...It’s STILL COOL.

Yes Red, to tell you that this was one of those games you talked about, where the hitters dictated. To, more or less tell you, you are right. This was an example of one of those games. My bad, that won't happen again.

Go back and watch the games. Chart the pitches and then post your findings. The pitchers that had poor outings did not pitch well. The hitters weren't taken nasty sliders out of the park or linedriving cut fast balls into Center Field. The Pitchers just didn't pitch well in those situations. You will see this if you actually do the work.

In my eyes, it's not.