World Series Astro's VS Dodgers

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
With Brownie, Kopi, and Kempe leading the offense..all hail Stevens apparently. Haha.
Dude, Brownie has been amazing again! Getting them dirty goals! Kempe is a bonafide Calder candidate!

Stevens has surprised, but not as much as Blake with the Iaffalo, MacDermind, and Fattenberg signings. I was so pissed when we fired Lombardi for Blake. Looks like he is doing great, great contracts for TF and TP, too.

I have a hockey thread up, stop by some time!!! :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't mean to be driving the "Charlie Morton bus" but found out one thing today I did not realize...

He's the first pitcher to win two game 7's in the same season.

Granted there may not be that many game 7's but you would have thought some well renown pitcher would have done it previously.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
@RGV_C_Los @haleyrules @daboyzruleperiod @maxdogg @LittleBoyBlue @Ranching @MichaelWinicki @Tabascocat @bigdnlaca @LocimusPrime @Sarek @ShortRound131 @JoeKing

Here’s our dearest friend, RGV C Los (Carlos) rocking the Astros gear back in the day

GS0ysiQ.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't think this up... But someone else brought up this point:

Beyond the drama, could this be the best World Series ever considering the execution of skills from both teams? Two 100 win teams competing in today's knowledge of strategies, life long training, and global talent. . . with all the young stars, they seem legitimate like 100 game winners rather than one year flukes.

Some interesting points there.

Gotta say neither of these teams seemed like one-year wonders.

They were hitting each other with everything but the kitchen sink. Considering how rarely 100 win teams meet in the World Series, this one was special.

Both the Astros and the Dodgers were legit powerhouse teams.

We may not see another WS like this for a generation.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I didn't think this up... But someone else brought up this point:

Beyond the drama, could this be the best World Series ever considering the execution of skills from both teams? Two 100 win teams competing in today's knowledge of strategies, life long training, and global talent. . . with all the young stars, they seem legitimate like 100 game winners rather than one year flukes.

Some interesting points there.

Gotta say neither of these teams seemed like one-year wonders.

They were hitting each other with everything but the kitchen sink. Considering how rarely 100 win teams meet in the World Series, this one was special.

Both the Astros and the Dodgers were legit powerhouse teams.

We may not see another WS like this for a generation.
You see who our new LF is? Talk is we're either getting Dee Gordon (via trade) or Machado next year.

Moose is garbage for his price, and Eppler doesn't seem keen to commit to those type of players.