World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I so much would have preferred the Brewers. They are young and inexperienced. ...which is exactly why they lost to the Cardinals. The Cardinals have a lot of experience and an highly experienced manager in La Russa to boot.

This should be a battle. I wish the Rangers had home field. The DH would be a huge advantage for the Rangers.

Go Rangers!

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
Agreed the STL Cardinals are scary and was hoping Brewers won. Cardinals are solid. The infield isnt the great premier players but they do have hall of famer Puholtz.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Garland powerplay;4184759 said:
Agreed the STL Cardinals are scary and was hoping Brewers won. Cardinals are solid. The infield isnt the great premier players but they do have hall of famer Puholtz.

Pooholtz? :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4184750 said:
Once the Yankees and Phillies lost it hasn't mattered to me who won. :D

What? Are you like the frontrunner fans? :muttley:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4184777 said:
What? Are you like the frontrunner fans? :muttley:

Nope my team wasn't in the playoffs so I was rooting for whoever was playing NY and Philly. :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4184795 said:
Nope my team wasn't in the playoffs so I was rooting for whoever was playing NY and Philly. :laugh2:

Ahh I see. Who is your team btw? Reds?

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
Rangers have momentum now and experience of last year ,alot like last year they hit a buzz saw in National League. They are facing a veteran team and mgr. with tons of experience. The media could bring up La Russa found snoring at a red light during spring training w/ alcohol binge to distract them. Also the late entrance of Puholtz due to contract negotiation during spring training.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
8FOR!3;4184956 said:
I wonder if we can steal game one?

Steal? I hope we pound Carpenter for 8 runs! :laugh2:

The real question is, will CJ ever right the ship during the playoffs? So far he is has been god awful. So far he is 0-2 and has an 8.04 ERA, with 8 walks, and a WHIP of 1.85 and giving up a .318 BA with a .400 OBP and 6 HRs and 14 ERs over 15.2 innings.

He is literally making entire teams have higher offensive numbers than some of the best hitters in baseball.

Only pitcher pitching worse is Uehara.

:puke:

thewireman

Reaction score
I like that the Rangers don't have home field. If the Rangers can get 1 win in St Louis then the Rangers will have 3 home games in a row to try to win it all.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4184969 said:
Steal? I hope we pound Carpenter for 8 runs! :laugh2:

The real question is, will CJ ever right the ship during the playoffs? So far he is has been god awful. So far he is 0-2 and has an 8.04 ERA, with 8 walks, and a WHIP of 1.85 and giving up a .318 BA with a .400 OBP and 6 HRs and 14 ERs over 15.2 innings.

He is literally making entire teams have higher offensive numbers than some of the best hitters in baseball.

Only pitcher pitching worse is Uehara.

:puke:

they are talking about a $100 million deal for him this off-season,that seems so far away now.Nobody will give him that kind of money if he continues to be bad in the post season.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
Wilson is not presenting much of a case for hisself,on another note the Rangers beat the CY Young winner and can beat any St. Louis pitcher

Stautner

Reaction score
I'm not convinced CJ will just go to the highest bidder. I wouldn't expect him to leave a ton of money on the table, but I think if the Rangers at least stay somewhere in the ballpark CJ would choose to stay. That may be wishful thinking or trying to read something into a player that isn't there, but I suspect CJ is the kind of guy that is going to put a lot of weight on how much he enjoys where and who he currently plays with.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Gonna be tough. The Cardinals have solid starting pitching and the best bullpen we've seen so far. It won't get any easier going from Miguel Cabrera to Albert Pujols. Just gotta hope we can play NL Baseball...the Cardinals are the prototypical NL team.

As for CC, I doubt he'd want to come here. The Rangers will probably make a strong push for him but it's his choice at the end of the day. I don't see him wanting to play in the south.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;4185779 said:
I'm not convinced CJ will just go to the highest bidder. I wouldn't expect him to leave a ton of money on the table, but I think if the Rangers at least stay somewhere in the ballpark CJ would choose to stay. That may be wishful thinking or trying to read something into a player that isn't there, but I suspect CJ is the kind of guy that is going to put a lot of weight on how much he enjoys where and who he currently plays with.

I think if CJ goes to the Yankees he will crumble under the pressure of playing there.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Reds.

Yeagermeister;4184877 said:

I want to take this time to THANK YOU!

Thank you for Paul O'Neill. :p: :D

Oh, and I think I am finally going to be right in this 2011 playoffs.

Texas loses in 5 to Cardinals. Further chasing the Buffalo Bills consecutive loss streak in championships.

:laugh1: