World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

Tricericon

Reaction score
REDVOLUTION;4185932 said:
Texas loses in 5 to Cardinals. Further chasing the Buffalo Bills consecutive loss streak in championships.

We'll chase it to six before losing. I think we can at least defend Arlington well enough for that...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
REDVOLUTION;4185932 said:
Texas loses in 5 to Cardinals. Further chasing the Buffalo Bills consecutive loss streak in championships.

:laugh1:
For the Yankees that would be almost a billion dollars worth of losing. ;)

Stautner

Reaction score
Fat Toad;4186020 said:
We'll chase it to six before losing. I think we can at least defend Arlington well enough for that...

I certainly think the Series can go either way, but out of curiosity what is it that makes you believe will cause the Rangers to come up short?

crazytown41

Reaction score
I like the Cards in 6. Theyll have a fresh Carpenter for game 1. That's better than any pupu platter that the Rangers throw out there.

Cards have been best team in baseball since September. Don't see them stopping now

Stautner

Reaction score
crazytown41;4186229 said:
I like the Cards in 6. Theyll have a fresh Carpenter for game 1. That's better than any pupu platter that the Rangers throw out there.

Cards have been best team in baseball since September. Don't see them stopping now

Carpenter didn't have as good a season as CJ, Harrison or Holland. He does have maturity and is likley to keep a cooler head, and that is certainly something of an edge, but I think he is getting a lot of mileage out of that one outstanding game where he outpitched Halliday. Other than that game Carpenter has been very hittable in the playoffs, and throughout the 2011 season was merely another good pitcher like CJ, Harrison, Holland and many others. If we can hit Verlander we can certainly hit Carpenter. Also keep in mind that Carpenter wont be pitching every game.

As for being a hot team, there is no doubt that is true, but the Rangers were no slouches in September, having run away with the West as the month went on. The Rangers also beat one of the hottest September teams around when the eliminated Tampa Bay.

Personally I think the series is a toss up.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
crazytown41;4186229 said:

Yeah, and Verlander was the best pitcher in baseball and he got beat. (damn near twice!)

The Rangers (throughout the season) have a better starting rotation than the Cards. They also have a better offensive lineup. The bullpen? Probably about even, though with Ogando in the bullpen, even that is arguable.

Will the Rangers win it all? Hell if I know. The only thing I know is this should be a fun series.

crazytown41

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4186606 said:
Yeah, and Verlander was the best pitcher in baseball and he got beat. (damn near twice!)

The Rangers (throughout the season) have a better starting rotation than the Cards. They also have a better offensive lineup. The bullpen? Probably about even, though with Ogando in the bullpen, even that is arguable.

Will the Rangers win it all? Hell if I know. The only thing I know is this should be a fun series.
Yes, You guys beat Verlander in a game that was delayed twice and scored a whopping 3 runs. Congrats. :)

Last time I checked game 1 was in St.Louis. Not in that launching pad.

Cards in 6.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
crazytown41;4186684 said:
Yes, You guys beat Verlander in a game that was delayed twice and scored a whopping 3 runs. Congrats. :)

Last time I checked game 1 was in St.Louis. Not in that launching pad.

Cards in 6.

The runs before either delay

Air Force One

Reaction score
For some reason I just have a good feeling this time around. We are playing great baseball...it feels like it's our time. I'm fine with playing the Cardinals and La Russa. By beating him we gain even more respect, imo.

I'm really really pumped and ready for game 1 ....my dream is to sweep them in their ballpark and win it at home.:)

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Air Force One;4187140 said:
For some reason I just have a good feeling this time around. We are playing great baseball...it feels like it's our time. I'm fine with playing the Cardinals and La Russa. By beating him we gain even more respect, imo.

I'm really really pumped and ready for game 1 ....my dream is to sweep them in their ballpark and win it at home.:)

It's weird how little respect the Rangers get. All year they were an after thought.

Tricericon

Reaction score
Stautner;4186182 said:
I certainly think the Series can go either way, but out of curiosity what is it that makes you believe will cause the Rangers to come up short?

I'm rooting for them, and I never pick a team to win that I am rooting for. It always ends badly.

I hope you weren't expecting some insightful analysis here from me.

Air Force One

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4187159 said:
It's weird how little respect the Rangers get. All year they were an after thought.
I think everyone thought we were a fluke last year. The respect we want will only come from winning it all now. If we lose this year they are going to start calling us chokers or losers.

Part of it I think is being in the shadow of the Cowboys. This is a traditionally football area and I think us doing well in baseball gives the national media an opportunity to look down their noses at us since the Yankees are kinda the Cowboys of baseball.

Of course even if we win the WS some still won't respect us but who cares, we will be world champions. :)

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Air Force One;4187471 said:
I think everyone thought we were a fluke last year. The respect we want will only come from winning it all now. If we lose this year they are going to start calling us chokers or losers.

Part of it I think is being in the shadow of the Cowboys. This is a traditionally football area and I think us doing well in baseball gives the national media an opportunity to look down their noses at us since the Yankees are kinda the Cowboys of baseball.

Of course even if we win the WS some still won't respect us but who cares, we will be world champions. :)

I'm a die hard Rangers fan. But I never expected what has happened these last two years. In a way I'm still in shock. Last year I was happy being AL Champs, heck I was happy winning a series. But now I want a World Series and I won't be near as happy as last year if we don't finish the job.

Air Force One

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4187494 said:
I'm a die hard Rangers fan. But I never expected what has happened these last two years. In a way I'm still in shock. Last year I was happy being AL Champs, heck I was happy winning a series. But now I want a World Series and I won't be near as happy as last year if we don't finish the job.
Oh I agree. It's still hard to wrap my head around Rangers and World Series being said in the same sentence. After so so many years of mediocrity it's crazy being where we are. I can't say I ever thought we would be here, especially two years in a row. I won't be happy either if we don't win it all. Last year I was just starstruck being in the World Series. I wanted to win it but I didn't want losing to take away from being there either. It was a big deal for us. This year, like you, I want it all. There isn't going to be any satisfaction from just getting to the World Series this time to make losing feel better. That said i'll still be proud of them. Repeating was a huge thing to do, but it's time we joined the list of teams that have won a World Series. Heck we may never get back in our lifetime.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Air Force One;4187611 said:
Oh I agree. It's still hard to wrap my head around Rangers and World Series being said in the same sentence. After so so many years of mediocrity it's crazy being where we are. I can't say I ever thought we would be here, especially two years in a row. I won't be happy either if we don't win it all. Last year I was just starstruck being in the World Series. I wanted to win it but I didn't want losing to take away from being there either. It was a big deal for us. This year, like you, I want it all. There isn't going to be any satisfaction from just getting to the World Series this time to make losing feel better. That said i'll still be proud of them. Repeating was a huge thing to do, but it's time we joined the list of teams that have won a World Series. Heck we may never get back in our lifetime.

Took the words right out my mouth. That last sentence is exactly why I shelled out $350 for a nosebleed ticket last year. I didn't know if we would ever be back. Sadly I can't afford that now, I can't afford gas now, lol.

This is something I wish more Cowboys fans would understand. Championships are rare and hard to come by.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I am going to Game 3! I can't wait for my flight Thursday night. It's the World Freaking Series!

Fri: Chill in Arlington
Sat: Game 3
Sun: Cowboys/Rams

Going to be a great weekend. :)

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
windward;4187647 said:
I am going to Game 3! I can't wait for my flight Thursday night. It's the World Freaking Series!

Fri: Chill in Arlington
Sat: Game 3
Sun: Cowboys/Rams

Going to be a great weekend. :)

Is it okay if I hate you?

Air Force One

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4187636 said:
Took the words right out my mouth. That last sentence is exactly why I shelled out $350 for a nosebleed ticket last year. I didn't know if we would ever be back. Sadly I can't afford that now, I can't afford gas now, lol.

This is something I wish more Cowboys fans would understand. Championships are rare and hard to come by.
You got that right. If I'd known that the 1995-1996 SB was going to be our last, I'd have enjoyed it more. By that time though I was spoiled and thought that we would have many, many more to enjoy.