World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

utrunner07

Reaction score
BlueStar3398;4192815 said:
RANGERS!! Now they get to come home for Game 3&4!! I wish I was going to the Cowboys game and then across the street for the Rangers! Two teams from St Louis and they're both going down. :laugh2:

That would be a very very cool day. Going to be a traffic nightmare though.

yimyammer

Reaction score
When will I learn??? I tried to break the jinx and watched last nights game with pops and they lost, so I didn't watch tonight, read the forums or watch the news and they're back on track.

I'd really like to be able to watch this series but the Rangers simply can't afford to have me watching

juck

Reaction score
That was perhaps the most clutch Rangers game ever.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
yimyammer;4192824 said:
When will I learn??? I tried to break the jinx and watched last nights game with pops and they lost, so I didn't watch tonight, read the forums or watch the news and they're back on track.

I'd really like to be able to watch this series but the Rangers simply can't afford to have me watching

Does your jinx exist with DVR? Haha, DVR the game, don't know the outcome and watch 4 hours after the start time, haha.

yimyammer

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4192829 said:
Does your jinx exist with DVR? Haha, DVR the game, don't know the outcome and watch 4 hours after the start time, haha.

I don't know, but I've got an odd DirectTv set up and I don't get local channels where the game is showed, so I can't record it

I've never been superstitious about the Cowboys, maybe I should quit watching them too

Of course I'm being a goofball, but I'm still too scared to watch now given the recent results :eek::

Is there something about baseball that causes people to be superstitious? I'm starting to relate to the billygoat for the cubs(?) and the Boston fans who thought they were cursed because of the Babe Ruth deal

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
yimyammer;4192839 said:
I don't know, but I've got an odd DirectTv set up and I don't get local channels where the game is showed, so I can't record it

I've never been superstitious about the Cowboys, maybe I should quit watching them too

Of course I'm being a goofball, but I'm still too scared to watch now given the recent results :eek::

Is there something about baseball that causes people to be superstitious? I'm starting to relate to the billygoat for the cubs(?) and the Boston fans who thought they were cursed because of the Babe Ruth deal

It's bad luck not to be superstitious. Haha.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
This is how close 0-2 was:

steal_medium.gif

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
utrunner07;4192602 said:
bench freaking hamilton, its one thing to be hurt and battle, he is just looking silly up there, very poor at bats even being hurt.

Kneejerk much? :rolleyes:

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
utrunner07;4192711 said:
id walk hamilton for sure, imo its not even a question.

Even though you posted previously (several times actually tonight) what a liability he is right now? :rolleyes:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
trickblue;4192788 said:
Great win by the Rangers... VERY clutch...

Washington needs to get Beltre to quit swinging at every pitch. He did have a hit, but he looks clueless out there at the plate...

Andrus was simply amazing on defense tonight... those plays will be highlights for years...
I think they are all but trying to figure these pitchers out. Once they get it figured out, look out!

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
tumblr_lt6upb1jD71qcuk05o1_400.jpg

Dirk throwing out the first pitch next game. Hopefully some of his championship mojo rubs off on 'em.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
There are many similarities to Game 2 of the NBA Finals earlier this year, between the Mavericks and Heat. Like the Mavericks, the Rangers lost Game 1 on the road. Like the Mavs, they found themselves in another deficit late in the game, but mounted a fierce comeback rally to stun the home team for the win in Game 2.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4192688 said:
How many pitches does Motte need to throw to finish this? I'm calling less than 10

Man. You are a bit too pessimistic for my blood.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4192774 said:
Take at least 2 of 3 in Texas and I like our chances. This win builds character. Colby with a great outing, he knows how to pitch in October.

I will accept a three game sweep in Texas if you don't mind. :D

Draegerman;4192863 said:
Kneejerk much? :rolleyes:

He is worse than TheCoolFan in the pessimism department. You would think the Rangers lost and the world was ending before the first pitch even occurred.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
It's now a best of 5 series and the Rangers have home field advantage.

Let's Go Rangers!

Stautner

Reaction score
MegaMagick;4192446 said:
Not really panicking, that's just how i see it. Not saying we can't win, but the Cards probably have a better overall team.

Our starting pitching hasn't been very good throughout the postseason, if i had to choose i would go with Carpenter-Garcia over C.J-Lewis. The bullpens are basically a wash, the team that gets to the 7th inning with a lead will probably win.

There probably isn't as much of a difference between our offenses as people think, Pujols-Berkman-Holliday can kill teams, and guys like Freese, Jay, Molina, etc can do some damage.

Homefield and NL rules will probably be the difference.

You are right that our pitching hasn't been very good in the postseason, but the problem is you aren't paying attention to the fact that neither has the Cardinals. In the NLCS the Cards only had one pitcher get through 5 innings.

Stautner

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4192862 said:
This is how close 0-2 was:

Yep, but the reverse can also be true. Without a single pinch hit in Game 1 the series could be 2-0 Rangers.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;4193177 said:
You are right that our pitching hasn't been very good in the postseason, but the problem is you aren't paying attention to the fact that neither has the Cardinals. In the NLCS the Cards only had one pitcher get through 5 innings.

The fact that the Rangers and Cards starting pitching hasn't been that great in the playoffs and the fact that they are the two teams in the World Series is a mind boggling fact for me.