World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Lohse and Jackson up next for the Cards in Arlington. Two pitchers the Rangers should be able to pound the crap out of.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DIAF;4193186 said:
Lohse and Jackson up next for the Cards in Arlington. Two pitchers the Rangers should be able to pound the crap out of.

You would have thought the Rangers could have pounded Jaime Garcia. His ERA before the game was over 5. All the sudden, he was almost unhittable.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4193202 said:
You would have thought the Rangers could have pounded Jaime Garcia. His ERA before the game was over 5. All the sudden, he was almost unhittable.

Jaime Garcia is actually talented though. Kyle Lohse and Edwin Jackson, not so much.

Stautner

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4193184 said:
The fact that the Rangers and Cards starting pitching hasn't been that great in the playoffs and the fact that they are the two teams in the World Series is a mind boggling fact for me.

It's unusual, but it goes to a point I have tried to make with you all year season that there is not a formula for determining just how things will go.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;4193236 said:
It's unusual, but it goes to a point I have tried to make with you all year season that there is not a formula for determining just how things will go.

Huh? I think you're confusing me with someone else.

Stautner

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4193237 said:
Huh? I think you're confusing me with someone else.

sorry Sam, I saw DIAF's post and when I read yours I still had him on the brain.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4193202 said:

No, Garcia has always been nasty. He will be the ace of that staff in a year or two.

Stautner

Reaction score
DIAF;4193227 said:
Jaime Garcia is actually talented though. Kyle Lohse and Edwin Jackson, not so much.

Garcia is talented, but he really didn't do much in the palyoffs before last night. It's been funny, the starting pitching for both teams was overall very good during the season, but neither has been very strong in the post season.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Well it should be worse because the hitting is better. The stakes are bigger and managers will manage for one run and they don't necessarily have to think long term so they're freer to make lineup changes. The pitcher can be perfect but if a guy gets on via error, steals a base, and scores on two sac flies, it doesn't matter how "dominant" he is.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm quite thrilled to see that we split the first two. I figured all along if we could split the first two that we could go back in game 6 with a 3-2 lead and finish it off in 6 as I predicted before it started.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Stautner;4193253 said:
Garcia is talented, but he really didn't do much in the palyoffs before last night. It's been funny, the starting pitching for both teams was overall very good during the season, but neither has been very strong in the post season.

Right, but nobody would be shocked if Jaime Garcia rolled out there and pitched a 2-hit, 10k shutout.

If Kyle Lohse or Edwin Jackson did that, we'd be worried that the End is nigh.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Jamie Garcia is the exact type of pitcher that give the Rangers troubles the first time or two they see them. Junkballing Lefties. He's especially bad because he really doesn't have too good of an idea where the ball is going. I suspect if we see him again this series it won't look nearly as good for him.

juck

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4192875 said:

Dirk throwing out the first pitch next game. Hopefully some of his championship mojo rubs off on 'em.

Great pic and yes i confirmed with Lord Dirk and he will be throwing a pitch to get the festivities going.:D

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
You know, the more I watch it the more I realize how incredible this play by Andrus was

xSu66.gifp

Can anyone imagine what ESPN would be saying had Jeter done that? They would be asking baseball to remove the 5 year retirement rule for induction into the HOF.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4193664 said:
You know, the more I watch it the more I realize how incredible this play by Andrus was

xSu66.gifp

Can anyone imagine what ESPN would be saying had Jeter done that? They would be asking baseball to remove the 5 year retirement rule for induction into the HOF.

I agree with you on that. Then he has the clutch hit. Elvis did well last night. He trouble with errors before september, but since he is just tearing it up.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4193664 said:

xSu66.gifp

I see a lot of Ozzie Smith in Andrus. (minus the back flipping) When Elvis fully matures as a baseball player, I think he is going to be one of the all time best fielding shortstops.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Josh Hamilton has sports hernia,Wash needs to move him out of the 3 hole if he continues to struggle tonight.