World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Holland just had the best playoff performance in Rangers history :bow: This was a historic performance...witnessed something special

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4198475 said:
Holland just had the best playoff performance in Rangers history :bow: This was a historic performance...witnessed something special

It might have been the best ever. I know all about Nolan. But this is the World Series and Holland was special tonight.

juck

Reaction score
crazytown41;4198516 said:
The Cards were dominated by Randy Wolf in game 4 to make it 2-2 as well. ;)
What are you? A Cardinal fan? Go Away!

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Well, the bottom line is that this is the most successful Rangers team in club history. We have won one more game in the World Series than we did last season against the Giants in our first appearance. I plan on leaving tomorrow for vacation but when I return, I expect to be discussing where we're going to place this team in the ranks of professional Dallas sports teams that have won a championship(s).

Ahh...what a great dilemma to be in. :cool:

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
CvPGo.gif

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I gotta say. The Rangers have tied the series at 2-2, but they don't seem to be the more dominate team right now. Against Detroit and the Rays you could just see the Rangers were better. Right now, it they don't seem to be playing with confidence.

Man, I hope CJ can put it together tonight. The Rangers can beat Carpenter. CJ just has to do his part. If they win tonight, then the Rangers can take this in six. If they lose tonight or this has to go to a game seven, I don't like the Rangers chances.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Great outing by Holland last night. That was just a beautiful pitching job by Holland last night.

We need this win tonight. We get this win tonight and I do feel like we'll win the championship.

Stautner

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4198903 said:
I gotta say. The Rangers have tied the series at 2-2, but they don't seem to be the more dominate team right now. Against Detroit and the Rays you could just see the Rangers were better. Right now, it they don't seem to be playing with confidence.

Man, I hope CJ can put it together tonight. The Rangers can beat Carpenter. CJ just has to do his part. If they win tonight, then the Rangers can take this in six. If they lose tonight or this has to go to a game seven, I don't like the Rangers chances.

I would agree with this, but the thing is that can all change real quickly. Last night was a good step toward it, and one night of the bats coming out strong and the Rangers can be in firm control.

Pujols still scares the hell out of me every time he comes up though.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Think i saw a stat that no pitcher has ever lost 4 postseason starts in one postseason, C.J has to come back to his old self and give us an important win.

If we lose tonight then it's going to be TOUGH to get a win going back to STL with Garcia on the mound.

Stautner

Reaction score
MegaMagick;4199974 said:
Think i saw a stat that no pitcher has ever lost 4 postseason starts in one postseason, C.J has to come back to his old self and give us an important win.

If we lose tonight then it's going to be TOUGH to get a win going back to STL with Garcia on the mound.

Damn tough. Last night was definitely a must win, but tonight is pretty close to it as well.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
MegaMagick;4199974 said:

CJ is due to have a good game, and Carpenter is due to have a bad one. Now will that happen? Who knows.

Carpenter is not a great pitcher, he is good, and has been great since the Cards started their run. But he should not be able to beat the Rangers twice. JMO.

CJ is the only pitcher to ever lose the ASG, DS game, CS game, and WS game in the same season. Ouch.

This is possibly CJ's last game in a Ranger uniform, hopefully he can come out on top, and I believe in him, he hates to lose and he hates bad performances.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Stautner;4200015 said:
Damn tough. Last night was definitely a must win, but tonight is pretty close to it as well.

Tonight is also a must win. I don't think we can take two in St. Louis.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I'm so incredibly tired of the Pujols love. Yes he had one hell of a game. But the national media is barely even mentioning Derek Holland today, I really don't understand it.

I want to win so badly. And I won't even be able to watch the game, because I have class.

But here is my prediction anyway. Rangers win 6-4. Both pitchers go 6.

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4200077 said:

I agree the odds of winning 2 in St. Louis would be very long.

utrunner07

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4200077 said:

Agree 100%. Tonight is the series, if we win tonight I'd say we have pretty good odds at winning 1 of next two. If we lose tonight, I don't think we win another, but would not put anything past this team at this point, they just don't quit. Nolan says we win tonight and wrap it up Wednesday night.