World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

rcaldw

Reaction score
Listen, even if you want to keep Young's bat in the lineup, you HAVE to start playing a real first baseman on defense. Young is terrible there.

utrunner07

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;4206027 said:
Do y'all bench Young if ur manager?

id love to, but i still think it sends the wrong message to the team. he clearly has the skills, but as others have said just needs to remove his head from butt. IF we win, i make him buy his own ring though.

rcaldw

Reaction score
utrunner07;4206032 said:
id love to, but i still think it sends the wrong message to the team. he clearly has the skills, but as others have said just needs to remove his head from butt. IF we win, i make him buy his own ring though.

Respectfully ut... I don't think he has skills as a first baseman. If you say 2B or SS I can go with you, but not at 1B.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
utrunner07;4206032 said:

Hahaha. "Sorry Young...you will have to buy the Sports Illustrated subscription package like everyone else if you want to share in the celebration"

Air Force One

Reaction score
everyone is self destructing right now and Colby as usual finds the perfect moment to lose control

rcaldw

Reaction score
We may win this game, but I honestly don't feel like Washington has done a good job this game.

THE BUNT
THE NON PINCH HIT
STARTING YOUNG AT 1B ON DEFENSE

Just some bad moves in my opinion.

utrunner07

Reaction score
rcaldw;4206037 said:
Respectfully ut... I don't think he has skills as a first baseman. If you say 2B or SS I can go with you, but not at 1B.

He has the skills to make the simple plays he has missed tonight, not a great first base man, but serviceable. Moreland is 1st baseman of future. At least imo.

Air Force One

Reaction score
the issue is do you want his glove at first (assuming we hold the lead here) base the last three innings? I know I don't. Again assuming we get out of this inning we have to protect this lead and I don't trust Young at first now at all tonight.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rcaldw;4206037 said:

I agree with this. I love Mike, I might be his biggest supporter. He was great to have this season because you could put him anywhere. But he isn't a first baseman, he isn't a third baseman. What he was was a good 2nd and SS, but not better than Ian or Elvis. He is a DH now, just hard to do at an NL park, because it really is hard to take his bat out of the line-up.