Worst-case scenario for Cowboys playoffs is playing in Green Bay

plasticman

Reaction score
Earning the right to go to Green bay and playing the Packers is, most likely, the best case scenario that Cowboys fans can hope for.

The worse case scenario is getting beat by the Cardinals twice in the same month.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Eagles in Green Bay giving them all they can handle in the divisional round.

Lad, I simply do not get this love for the Eagles abilities.
Cowboys 24 (Zeke 35 yards; 90 yards in team penalties; 1 pick 6.)
Egirls 13

perrykemp

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers doesn't play as well on the late winter's frozen tundra as he does in AT&T Stadium. I think the Cowboys match up very well against the Packers and the elements could be a great equalizer if the Cowboys commit to running the ball.

I agree that Rodgers isn't his best at Lambeau in the cold.

It's the Packers running game with Dillon and Jones that I suspect the Cowboys would see a lot.

kskboys

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are not good enough to beat any team, they should not be in the Super Bowl.

Green Bay earned the number one seed and any NFC team that wants to get to the Super Bowl will have to earn that right by winning at Green Bay.

You can hope for easier games or better matchups and there is nothing wrong with that, but in the end, good teams find ways to win games when they have to.
Not me!!! I'd be ecstatic going to GB!!!! If we can't beat them there, then we don't deserve it anyway!!!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Eagles in Green Bay giving them all they can handle in the divisional round.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Eagles go further than us.They’re playing better than the Cowboys are right now. In 1998 the Cowboys swept the NFC East only to lose at home to the Cardinals in the divisional round. The Cardinals were still in the NFC East. In 2007 we swept the Giants and beat Green Bay only to watch both teams meet in the NFC title game.Pretty frustrating to beat teams during the regular season only to watch them go further in the playoffs.

Mannix

Reaction score
GB, of course (or the Pack as you call them) will play at home throughout the playoffs.

But, good lads, can one imagine playing on the chosen tundra in late January? Sod! I say. Sod!
No, me lads, Cowboys can't possibly do well in Green Bay. The crowd noise alone from the fat, cheeky, ruby-face fans is horrendous for the visiting 11.
(Me analysts at the halfway house tell me the average temp in Green Bay in January is 10 as a low to 26 as a high.)
th

Do any of you kind lads have a scenario in which someone knocks off Green Bay in the second round, thus sparing us the agony of happy, fat Packer fans?

Hollah and brings me a dollah!
ONLY way we can win is if we can run all over their a** on the ground.....and not get bent over by the referees at every turn.

Mannix

Reaction score
I think the only team that has a 50/50 shot in Green Bay is LA.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
We need to go into Green Bay and win by double digits. I don’t think they’re as good as their record. The Rams are better.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Beating them could be the thing that launches us too.

We have a better team than them. They just have Rodgers and we don’t.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GB, of course (or the Pack as you call them) will play at home throughout the playoffs.

But, good lads, can one imagine playing on the chosen tundra in late January? Sod! I say. Sod!
No, me lads, Cowboys can't possibly do well in Green Bay. The crowd noise alone from the fat, cheeky, ruby-face fans is horrendous for the visiting 11.
(Me analysts at the halfway house tell me the average temp in Green Bay in January is 10 as a low to 26 as a high.)
th

Do any of you kind lads have a scenario in which someone knocks off Green Bay in the second round, thus sparing us the agony of happy, fat Packer fans?

Hollah and brings me a dollah!
I gave you a like, cause I feel sorry for you......

fivetwos

Reaction score
I have no idea if we will even get a shot at GB, but if they do it won't be the first time in very cold weather.

I'm about an hour north of Philly and it's nasty cold today.

Maybe not quite Wisconsin weather, but it's not that far off.

Aven8

Reaction score
While I’m not afraid of Hurts and company I can see them giving someone fits. There Oline and Dline are top notch and they will be a tough out.

Carson

Reaction score
Brother I expect your opinions but please tell me what I am missing about the Eagles.
They play the style of football that wins in the postseason. Odds are, they are likely blown out round one and my two cents (which are always wrong) is a moot point.

Tough and gritty offensive line, run first offense with a scrambling QB. Defense has talent up front.

I know they haven’t beat winning teams and have had some lucky breaks for teams they have played.

I just see it as one of those, they go to Tampa, they keep it tight, Hurts breaks off a big run and they steal a win.

Just reminds me of the 2007 Giants. They won ugly, but found ways to win.

Nexx

Reaction score
that would be best case because that would mean the cowboys made it to the NFC championship game.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I gave you a like, cause I feel sorry for you......

You mentioned my English accent. WHERE DID YOU HEAR MY ENG!ISH ACCENT? WHERE?
OR IS LYING YOUR WAY???
WHEN DID YOU HEAR MY ENGLISH ACCENT? WHEN?
DID YOU LIE????
HUH???
ANSWER OR RECANT YOUR LIE!!!!