Worst-case scenario for Cowboys playoffs is playing in Green Bay

Flamma

Reaction score
GB, of course (or the Pack as you call them) will play at home throughout the playoffs.

But, good lads, can one imagine playing on the chosen tundra in late January? Sod! I say. Sod!
No, me lads, Cowboys can't possibly do well in Green Bay. The crowd noise alone from the fat, cheeky, ruby-face fans is horrendous for the visiting 11.
(Me analysts at the halfway house tell me the average temp in Green Bay in January is 10 as a low to 26 as a high.)
th

Do any of you kind lads have a scenario in which someone knocks off Green Bay in the second round, thus sparing us the agony of happy, fat Packer fans?

Hollah and brings me a dollah!

It would not shock me if GB lost before the championship game. Just go back and look at 2011. I'd be happy just to get to the championship game, but to be honest, let it be in GB. I actually believe the Cowboys will play better in GB than at home.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It would not shock me if GB lost before the championship game. Just go back and look at 2011. I'd be happy just to get to the championship game, but to be honest, let it be in GB. I actually believe the Cowboys will play better in GB than at home.

I canna believe the Boys would play well/better in GB.
Bitter Cold. Fan noise.

Echospacing

Reaction score
things are setting up for GB, unfortunately. They are pretty healthy at this point. We will get smoked if we go up there. Are we better than them at any unit level? Defense, maybe. Completely outclassed on offense. Not only do they have stellar passing game, but they have a great ground game. We can't pass the ball until we are behind............

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Green Bay??? We need to worry about getting through the first round of playoffs first. No matter who we face, it will be one heck of a fight!!

yentl911

Reaction score
Might want to worry about winning a playoff game first

this is going to be another one and done I’m afraid

snadler

Reaction score
GB, of course (or the Pack as you call them) will play at home throughout the playoffs.

But, good lads, can one imagine playing on the chosen tundra in late January? Sod! I say. Sod!
No, me lads, Cowboys can't possibly do well in Green Bay. The crowd noise alone from the fat, cheeky, ruby-face fans is horrendous for the visiting 11.
(Me analysts at the halfway house tell me the average temp in Green Bay in January is 10 as a low to 26 as a high.)
th

Do any of you kind lads have a scenario in which someone knocks off Green Bay in the second round, thus sparing us the agony of happy, fat Packer fans?

the worst case scenario and most likely is boys lose in the wild card round and are playing golf

blueblood70

Reaction score
lets worry about GB if we even get that far and that goes for them as well, nothings guaranteed for any team advancing.

Flamma

Reaction score
I canna believe the Boys would play well/better in GB.
Bitter Cold. Fan noise.

Yes, better. They play like crap at home. Fan noise? This isn't 1985, fans no longer make noise. There used to be a time where QBs had to stop the game due to fan noise. This is no longer the case. In most games you can hear the QBs cadence. That didn't exist in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. That's a new thing.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They play the style of football that wins in the postseason. Odds are, they are likely blown out round one and my two cents (which are always wrong) is a moot point.

Tough and gritty offensive line, run first offense with a scrambling QB. Defense has talent up front.

I know they haven’t beat winning teams and have had some lucky breaks for teams they have played.

I just see it as one of those, they go to Tampa, they keep it tight, Hurts breaks off a big run and they steal a win.

Just reminds me of the 2007 Giants. They won ugly, but found ways to win.
You think the Eagles have a good defense? I guess I just can’t get that whipping we put on them in week three out my head. You think there the 2007 Giants, wow, that is high praise. The Giants were actually underrated that year. They finished 11-5 but lost to the Cowboys twice. Eli was so much better then Hurts. We all know about how good their defense was. The Cowboys this season are closer then the Eagles to the 2007 Giants.

Carson

Reaction score
You think the Eagles have a good defense? I guess I just can’t get that whipping we put on them in week three out my head. You think there the 2007 Giants, wow, that is high praise. The Giants were actually underrated that year. They finished 11-5 but lost to the Cowboys twice. Eli was so much better then Hurts. We all know about how good their defense was. The Cowboys this season are closer then the Eagles to the 2007 Giants.
Oh no I don’t think they are anywhere near the 2007 Giants class.

I just meant they were a wild card, got hot late and knocked off three damn good teams.

I don’t think Philly will upset anybody. But if any team pulls the upset it’ll be them.

Creeper

Reaction score
This team isn't beating Arizona.

I agree with this. Arizona, when healthy, may be the best team in the NFC this year. They have an offense that can score points. A QB who can make plays with his feet. He can also throw deep accurate passes. If they get Hopkins back they have 3 excellent WRs. They have 2 very good RBs. And they have a bunch of fast versatile players on defense. JJ Watt is not what he once was, but for a few playoff games he can make an impact. If the Cardinals are healthy, I think they can beat the Packers in GB.

Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now, but I just think Arizona's defense gives them the edge.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

th

Fat MIKE will be the difference at lambo, he will literally eat Arod…lmao.

lqmac1

Reaction score

th

Imagine you get divorced after 10 years and you’re wanting to “accidentally“ run into your husband/wife again. You probably could, right? Why? Because you know the spots they like to go to, the times they go there, what they order from there, what route they take… So forth and so on.

Same thing with McCarthy and Rodgers. He was his coach and play caller for a long time. Quarterbacks and play callers have a close relationship because they go hand-in-hand. Play caller knows which defensive looks he likes and dislikes, which ones he flourishes against and which ones he struggles against. I think that’s something that a lot of people haven’t thought of regarding that matchup. This isn’t MM‘s offense, it’s KM‘s incase anyone wanted to say it’s a 2 way street…

shabazz

Reaction score
I hate the cheesehead refs .

zebras are horrible.

Our friends here tell us that the officiating bias is conspiracy theory and it’s just pure coincidence that the Cowboys and Raiders are #1 and #2 in penalties this year……..of course it is:rolleyes:

TwentyOne

Reaction score

th

No worries. We will be long eliminated come the NFC championship game.

Starrlord

Reaction score
I agree that Rodgers isn't his best at Lambeau in the cold.

It's the Packers running game with Dillon and Jones that I suspect the Cowboys would see a lot.

Statistically Rodgers is better in late season Lambeau than anywhere else.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
With our defense this year, I think it would be better to face the Pack in their hen house. The unfavorable conditions plays into our strengths (defense, shorter passing routes). If Rodgers came to AT&T he’d probably have an easier time picking us apart.