Worst Case Scenario Is Playing Out

Gaede

Reaction score
I hate Garrett as much as anyone. But winning is better than losing. Come on guys. You cheer for the team to win, not lose.The draft can be good or bad regardless of your draft position.

Objectively speaking, losing your best players for multiple games is hard for any team to overcome and actually a decent excuse. We lost Zeke, Lee, Smith. Literally our best players. We would be in the playoffs with them on board.

The team can improve next year with a speed wr and te and a LB.

robjay04

Reaction score
I hate Garrett as much as anyone. But winning is better than losing. Come on guys. You cheer for the team to win, not lose.

Objectively speaking, losing your best players go multiple games is hard for any team to overcome and actually a decent excuse. We lost Zeke, Lee, Smith. Literally our best players.

Don’t forget Bailey.

A healthy Bailey nails that field goal against Atlanta making it a one score game...that miss changed the game instantly.

diefree666

Reaction score
brutally and pragmatically I do IF it would be sure to get rid of Red Ball. BUT Jerry is so invested in him I doubt it would work.

Gaede

Reaction score
Don’t forget Bailey.

A healthy Bailey nails that field goal against Atlanta making it a one score game...that miss changed the game instantly.
Yep, forgot about Bailey. Again, one of our top 5 best players

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I was certainly on the tank at 5-5 but relinquished my position following the Giants win. However, even if we miss out (which is looking more and more likely by the day), winning 9/10 games with the most adversity I can ever remember a Cowboys team facing in a season (only been consciously watching for the past 20 years) would be pretty impressive. It would also bode very well going forward with the following factors for next season:

1) Romo finally coming off the books - if ever there were a time to hit free agency for a player it's this offseason
2) non-first place schedule
3) Zeke suspension out of the way
4) Wentz likely not back for the start of the season or at least working his way through an ACL recovery

superonyx

Reaction score
exactly, cant stand the tanking mentality
Who is tanking?
Last i checked we are one of the hottest teams in the league. Hardly tanking.
Or are you speaking out fans which have less than zero impact on the outcome of the games.

I love these post where people forget our role. This awkward coach speak to other fans.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I hate Garrett as much as anyone. But winning is better than losing. Come on guys. You cheer for the team to win, not lose.The draft can be good or bad regardless of your draft position.

Objectively speaking, losing your best players for multiple games is hard for any team to overcome and actually a decent excuse. We lost Zeke, Lee, Smith. Literally our best players. We would be in the playoffs with them on board.

While this is true, better draft position increases your odds.

If we lose one more game in 2015 (that Commanders game we won, in which i was arguing with everyone about how it would be better to lose) we most likely end up with Wentz as our QB, without having to trade up.

Sickening if you think about it

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, if this staff can win out against teams that are actually in the playoff hunt in Seattle and Philadelphia, I'd be OK with them getting another year to put it all together.

But if they lose out? It's a clear sign that nothing has changed. That you can beat up on the bottom feeders, but lose to the good teams. That they are the very definition of mediocre and nothing will change.

I doubt Jerry would consider it, but that would be enough for me to look for alternatives.

People can say that thinking is short-sighted of they want, but the fact I see that Garrett has been given 7 years to show what he can and can't do. Therefore, nothing is short-sighted. He's had more than enough time and more than any coach deserves.

Win the meaningful games.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
I think the reason JG stays is because he does not butt heads with JJ who interferes/babbles practically more than other owners in the coaching of the team. Jimmy J and Parcels butted heads I believe with JJ leading to their departure. JJ has in place now a coach he can easily micro manage and stay positive towards him in spite of JJ's babbling into the operations .

Satchel89

Reaction score

Exactly. Not a Garrett fan either but they have some good young players but they just need a few more.