Worst Case Scenario Is Playing Out

Sydla

Reaction score
No.

We don’t need our very young football team to ever think losing is acceptable.

One of the most overhyped logics in sports................. that losing a couple of games at the end of a season somehow makes the team comfortable with losing.

Note, I am not suggesting we tank these last two games.

conner01

Reaction score
Don’t forget Bailey.

A healthy Bailey nails that field goal against Atlanta making it a one score game...that miss changed the game instantly.
It really did change that game. It’s always amazed me how one play here or there can totally change a football gamr

Sydla

Reaction score
I hate Garrett as much as anyone. But winning is better than losing. Come on guys. You cheer for the team to win, not lose.The draft can be good or bad regardless of your draft position.

Objectively speaking, losing your best players for multiple games is hard for any team to overcome and actually a decent excuse. We lost Zeke, Lee, Smith. Literally our best players. We would be in the playoffs with them on board.

The team can improve next year with a speed wr and te and a LB.

Good teams overcome injuries. It's telling that every time we lose a key guy we suck.

Basically unless things are close to perfect, this coaching staff struggles to put a consistent winner on the field.

The OP is spot on. The worst case scenario was finishing 10-6 and not make the playoffs.

Sydla

Reaction score
This makes me laugh every time.

Those thinking there was a chance of Garrett getting fired don't understand what's going on with the Cowboys.

The thinking that Garrett has or ever was on the hot seat is just wishful thinking.

This alone is why people should be disappointed.

The owner is largely incapable of making the tough decisions that have to be made. There isn't a shred of doubt in my mind that as long as Jerry is alive and in control, we are staring at a Marvin Lewis situation here in Dallas. Jerry will always have excuses for Garrett.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
AMEN Along with a boatload of Jerry excuses.

With good coaching we'd be in the playoffs right now.

We've been trying to win with soft defense for years, and the same problem is dooming us this year.

"Coaching", Zeke, Goodell, malarkey.

Rams 35, Cowboys 30
Packers 35, Cowboys 31

Both at home, with Zeke, and a double digit lead. Defense failed us, yet again. Same stuff, different year. Ask Tony Romo.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Honestly, if this staff can win out against teams that are actually in the playoff hunt in Seattle and Philadelphia, I'd be OK with them getting another year to put it all together.

But if they lose out? It's a clear sign that nothing has changed. That you can beat up on the bottom feeders, but lose to the good teams. That they are the very definition of mediocre and nothing will change.

I doubt Jerry would consider it, but that would be enough for me to look for alternatives.

People can say that thinking is short-sighted of they want, but the fact I see that Garrett has been given 7 years to show what he can and can't do. Therefore, nothing is short-sighted. He's had more than enough time and more than any coach deserves.

Win the meaningful games.

I'm not sure if the game vs the Eagles will be a good barometer. It sort of depends on what the situation is going into that game, and whether the Eagles play their starters. If they have things locked up, I doubt the starters play much.

Sydla

Reaction score
Thats the ****tiest reason I've ever seen.....

An opposing team QB not playing gives us hope.....

LOL. So true.

I long for the day when we list reasons why next season will be our year and one of the first few items on the list is "quality coaching staff."

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Worst case is having the teams we need to lose lose, and then us not handle business ourself.

So Atl, NO, or Car will lose twice, and then we'll lose to either Seattle or Philly, or both.

Only the Cowboys.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Winning enough to keep Garrett but
not enough to make playoffs; mediocre draft pick.

Stinks.

With as many mid round picks as we have (three, fourth rounder and three, fifth rounders) if there is a guy we want bad enough, we realistically can afford to trade up. Not top 5, but in that 10-15 range.

phildadon86

Reaction score
While this is true, better draft position increases your odds.

If we lose one more game in 2015 (that Commanders game we won, in which i was arguing with everyone about how it would be better to lose) we most likely end up with Wentz as our QB, without having to trade up.

Sickening if you think about it
Hey, didn't you say we were going to lose to Oakland and too book it? Shame you didn't make that bet

Reactions: CWR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This makes me laugh every time.

Those thinking there was a chance of Garrett getting fired don't understand what's going on with the Cowboys.

The thinking that Garrett has or ever was on the hot seat is just wishful thinking.
Right. That's what confuses me lol. What made fans think there was a way Jerry was parting from Garrett? It's going to take at least two or three more years of losing.