Worst Case Scenario Is Playing Out

DenCWBY

Reaction score
No.

We don’t need our very young football team to ever think losing is acceptable.
I don't think any player in the league feels losing is acceptable however a mindset of thinking 8-8 (average) or slightly above is (acceptable) might be another issue since apparently accountability is scarce in those scenarios.

CWR

Reaction score
Wrong. The worst case scenario is Dak falling apart. He has picked it up since the second half of the Commanders game. He wasnt perfect vs Raiders but he played well enough and his biggest misses were WRs stopping on thier routes.

Anyhow, we can still make the playoffs.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
and at the end of next season you will still be saying the same things you are saying now been this way for over twenty years cowboy fans need to get superbowl out of there head this is a middle of the road franchise with a middle of the road average coach and staff

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Honestly, if this staff can win out against teams that are actually in the playoff hunt in Seattle and Philadelphia, I'd be OK with them getting another year to put it all together.

But if they lose out? It's a clear sign that nothing has changed. That you can beat up on the bottom feeders, but lose to the good teams. That they are the very definition of mediocre and nothing will change.

I doubt Jerry would consider it, but that would be enough for me to look for alternatives.

People can say that thinking is short-sighted of they want, but the fact I see that Garrett has been given 7 years to show what he can and can't do. Therefore, nothing is short-sighted. He's had more than enough time and more than any coach deserves.

Win the meaningful games.

Yes, I can't see how beating Seattle and Philadelphia can be considered a bad thing, even if it costs us some in draft position. In hindsight, since we haven't won a Super Bowl since the 90s, I suppose that means for some fans that we should have tanked every year until we had all Super Bowl talent.

I can't be one of those fans. I want to see my team win. I want to believe that if my team can beat good teams, then there's a chance with a few changes (ones we've too often failed to make) that my team can once again become a Super Bowl contender. We do not have to have the top pick in the draft to do that and are not even guaranteed to do it if we draft 10th instead of 18th or whatever.

Tanking will never be a strategy I endorse.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I was certainly on the tank at 5-5 but relinquished my position following the Giants win. However, even if we miss out (which is looking more and more likely by the day), winning 9/10 games with the most adversity I can ever remember a Cowboys team facing in a season (only been consciously watching for the past 20 years) would be pretty impressive. It would also bode very well going forward with the following factors for next season:

1) Romo finally coming off the books - if ever there were a time to hit free agency for a player it's this offseason
2) non-first place schedule
3) Zeke suspension out of the way
4) Wentz likely not back for the start of the season or at least working his way through an ACL recovery

I'm already looking forward to September 2018.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Thats the ****tiest reason I've ever seen.....

An opposing team QB not playing gives us hope.....

I look at it similar to an easier schedule. It simply gives you a leg up on the competition. Certainly nothing I rooted for but it's a fact at this point.

Eddie

Reaction score
We have a chance at going 10-6. How is that WORST case scenario ???

Reactions: CWR

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes, I can't see how beating Seattle and Philadelphia can be considered a bad thing, even if it costs us some in draft position. In hindsight, since we haven't won a Super Bowl since the 90s, I suppose that means for some fans that we should have tanked every year until we had all Super Bowl talent.

I can't be one of those fans. I want to see my team win. I want to believe that if my team can beat good teams, then there's a chance with a few changes (ones we've too often failed to make) that my team can once again become a Super Bowl contender. We do not have to have the top pick in the draft to do that and are not even guaranteed to do it if we draft 10th instead of 18th or whatever.

Tanking will never be a strategy I endorse.

It's be a "nothing" thing.

There is no glory or satisfaction or anything that portends to future greatness by beating an Eagles team that will QB'd by Nate Sudfeld most likely.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure if the game vs the Eagles will be a good barometer. It sort of depends on what the situation is going into that game, and whether the Eagles play their starters. If they have things locked up, I doubt the starters play much.

We'll have to see if that game matters for the Eagles playoff standings.

Sydla

Reaction score
We'll have to see if that game matters for the Eagles playoff standings.

Unless they spit the bit against Oakland, I don't think it matters.

I thought I read if they win or Minny loses this weekend, they lock up home field.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I will remember it as a year where we were totally annhilated in four games in the second half like is never seen.

Hopefully better days ahead.

Proof

Reaction score
I’d rather win than lose any day of the week, but the way this season has unfolded stinks. Going to wind up on the outside looking in, playing the moral victory card and wondering what could have been, while the clapper is afforded every excuse in the book, and likely a status quo overview of the team in general.