Worst cities in America

SSoup

Reaction score
DFW greatest metro area in South and fastest growing on the verge of becoming the 4th largest metro area in the country.
I've never found a higher population to be a mark in the "pro" column, so that's not a point in Dallas' favor for me. Especially not DFW's kind of growth, which is a sprawling suburban armpit sort of growth. Like an Atlanta or Houston. Or even a Jacksonville on steroids. These cities are literally the worst America has to offer.

nobody

Reaction score
DFW greatest metro area in South and fastest growing on the verge of becoming the 4th largest metro area in the country.

It's growth is part of the problem. Haven't you noticed that they can't keep up with the rise in traffic? Haven't you noticed that the overall demeanor of the DFW population is getting less polite and friendly? Granted, it's still a far cry better than most places. If I have to live in a highly populated urban environment, I'd still choose the DFW, but I've been considering moving beyond the outskirts of the metroplex just to get away from the sheer numbers.

cern

Reaction score
Albany, texas is the best city in America. I am biased.

CWR

Reaction score
All cities are horrible

For the most part I agree. I lived in Austin for awhile though and as far as city's go I enjoyed my time there. Full disclosure, Im no world traveler.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The top three worst cities in the USA in no particular order.
Washington - Landover MD specifically
NY - East Rutherford specifically
Philly

Bonus City - Paris TX

Reactions: CWR

Whyjerry

Reaction score
My daughter goes to school at Bryn Mawr College. Very nice area.

That town is about 10 miles outside of Philly. To be clear the suburbs of Philadelphia are great. King of Prussia is an A+ town. Super nice. The city is not.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I travel a lot. Want a good up and coming city - Raleigh, NC. That is a super nice town. Was just in LA - the tent city there is a sight to behold. About 5 city blocks long. A complete disaster.

I will also put Denver in the great city bucket as well. Great town. One more - Boston. Great town.