Worst cities in America

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I don't really get nervous or uncomfortable in rougher areas as long as it's a decent time of day, but I took a couple wrong turns in Camden, and holy moly. I was skeered.

I went though some pretty rough spots in Detroit, and even Flint, and felt OK most of the time. I've never been to Camden, but, I have virtually visited it via Google Street View, and it indeed does looks very rough. It always amazes me some of the rough neighborhoods the Google car will drive through. haha

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't really get nervous or uncomfortable in rougher areas as long as it's a decent time of day, but I took a couple wrong turns in Camden, and holy moly. I was skeered.
Yeh most of the blocks are run down and narrow as hell. I'm like if something pops off Idk how imma get outta here lol. downtown camden is getting all redone and looks really good down by the aquarium tho.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I was there when Ferguson broke out Had just been through that area the day before.

Then I was in Baltimore a week before that went nuts.

I need to stay home.
You need to get off the calamity tour.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Congrats on not getting shot in a random drive by in Camden

lukin2006

Reaction score
A few years ago I would have said Detroit, but it has been quite a remarkable turnaround and the city has to be considered a real up and coming city. I mean it's still got a ways to go. But from where the downtown was a few years ago to today, really nice. They have all 4 sports teams located downtown, and they opened a new downtown arena that brought a lot of the entertainment back downtown.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
A few years ago I would have said Detroit, but it has been quite a remarkable turnaround and the city has to be considered a real up and coming city. I mean it's still got a ways to go. But from where the downtown was a few years ago to today, really nice. They have all 4 sports teams located downtown, and they opened a new downtown arena that brought a lot of the entertainment back downtown.

Agreed. I spent some time in Detroit, and like you said, it is cleaning up. I didn't mind the area overall to be honest. Detroit has some good bones.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Agreed. I spent some time in Detroit, and like you said, it is cleaning up. I didn't mind the area overall to be honest. Detroit has some good bones.

Detroit's rebirth has been done with a lot of private money from the likes of Mike Ilitch, Dan Gilbert, Roger Penske and others...even the Qline that runs from the river to 8 mile was partly funded by private money...I gotta hand it to Detroit, most people gave up on the city.

perrykemp

Reaction score

It's been perpetual "up and coming" since I briefly lived there in the 90s.

I'm not sure it's <really> up and coming.

BillyBates

Reaction score
100% Phila. the people and that city deserve each other. its a shame many of our national historic land marks are stuck there.
imagine what diesel fuel exhaust and rotten vanilla ice cream smells like... well that's Phila.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
I was there when Ferguson broke out Had just been through that area the day before.

Then I was in Baltimore a week before that went nuts.

I need to stay home.

St.Louis metro is awful. Folks in nice parts of Lou act like east coast pricks. E St.Louis bites also.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Detroit's rebirth has been done with a lot of private money from the likes of Mike Ilitch, Dan Gilbert, Roger Penske and others...even the Qline that runs from the river to 8 mile was partly funded by private money...I gotta hand it to Detroit, most people gave up on the city.
Not a bad investment given that a lot could be had for 10 cents on the dollar.
Add in the sport venues and you have a foundation to build on.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I went though some pretty rough spots in Detroit, and even Flint, and felt OK most of the time. I've never been to Camden, but, I have virtually visited it via Google Street View, and it indeed does looks very rough. It always amazes me some of the rough neighborhoods the Google car will drive through. haha
Google car diversion in rough hoods and trailer parks:D
money.gif

Passepartout

Reaction score
Cliffhanger really was a funny game at the time. But any city to do with crime, drugs, gangs, etc. Try to steer away from.