Worst cities in America

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
NYC Manhattan is beautiful as long as you don't veer north of Central Park.
yerp, i used to date a chick in the gwc projects at 106 & park in spanish harlem. still not all that bad. even the BX isn't that bad anymore. The only spots where it gets bad now is in brooklyn and that's still not that bad. Now my wife is from west philly. and some of my boys stay in camden those places are way worse imo.

erod

Reaction score
yerp, i used to date a chick in the gwc projects at 106 & park in spanish harlem. still not all that bad. even the BX isn't that bad anymore. The only spots where it gets bad now is in brooklyn and that's still not that bad. Now my wife is from west philly. and some of my boys stay in camden those places are way worse imo.

I don't really get nervous or uncomfortable in rougher areas as long as it's a decent time of day, but I took a couple wrong turns in Camden, and holy moly. I was skeered.

jrumann59

Reaction score
West philly is rough and sometimes issues would extend all the way out to 69 St station or West Chester Pike in Burbs.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It does not really fit in Worst City for me...not sure I have a worst city although I don't care for the Hiller/Brownsville area in PA.

However I have said for years that the Dirtiest city I can recall was El Paso Texas.
By dirty I am not talking about the People, the culture, the layout or anything of that nature.
Just the roads and streets being dirty when I was there during basic training. Seemed like the roads and areas were always dirty due to the sand blowing around . So it made many areas look dirty.

Although we drove through a bad part of Houston in 90 or 91 ish and it was pretty bad with homeless people sleeping out on the sidewalks and squatters in abandoned buildings that looked like they were zoned to be demolished.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It does not really fit in Worst City for me...not sure I have a worst city although I don't care for the Hiller/Brownsville area in PA.

However I have said for years that the Dirtiest city I can recall was El Paso Texas.
By dirty I am not talking about the People, the culture, the layout or anything of that nature.
Just the roads and streets being dirty when I was there during basic training. Seemed like the roads and areas were always dirty due to the sand blowing around . So it made many areas look dirty.

Although we drove through a bad part of Houston in 90 or 91 ish and it was pretty bad with homeless people sleeping out on the sidewalks and squatters in abandoned buildings that looked like they were zoned to be demolished.
Yeah, Houston has massively changed in the last 25-30 years...even in just the last 5-6 years. Much better now, though I'm still not a big fan, it's light years ahead of places like Detroit , etc
Even now, the downsides to Houston are the zoning laws and the sheer area of it. Massive

nobody

Reaction score
SF is in a free fall of urban decay. Was there last summer and was quickly reminded 1970s NYC.

That is sad, because it was such beautiful area with lots of attractions. Hopefully they decide to do some cleaning up, Urban Renewal, and other things to fix it. I visited it as a kid in 1980.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
That is sad, because it was such beautiful area with lots of attractions. Hopefully they decide to do some cleaning up, Urban Renewal, and other things to fix it. I visited it as a kid in 1980.
The area still has a lot of great sites to visit and the Northern Cali coast is gorgeous, but SF has some deep social issues that have to wearing on the quality of life of its residents. It was pretty stunning to fully experience what you hear about.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
West philly is rough and sometimes issues would extend all the way out to 69 St station or West Chester Pike in Burbs.
Yeh her moms stays on 57th a few blocks away from market. I don't care I still run thru philly wit my cowboys gear on and take on the whole family lol.

timb2

Reaction score
1-Philadelphia

2-Detroit

3-Chicago

4-Baltimore

5-Oakland

6-New York City

7-Washington DC

8-Atlanta

9-:Los Angeles

10-San Francisco

Add Denver ever since they approved pot,it has become a place for drug addicts.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
This is a fun thread. Here is my list:

Favorite Cities
- Miami, FL - year-round great weather, beautiful women, great beaches (a bit overpriced but hey)
- Jackson, WY - great for nature lovers.. great skiing in winter, horseback riding in summer. Elk, moose, bears, great
- Las Vegas, NV - I'm a gambling degenerate, so this makes the list. Nothing like Vegas.
- Boulder, CO - Great small town that has probably grown a bit too big, but perfect in almost every way
- Whitefish, MT - I just love Montana in general but with Whitefish you also get the lake

Worst Cities
- Camden, NJ - Without a doubt, the #1 ugliest city in the USA. High crime rate.
- Newark, NJ - Second ugliest city. Absolutely no redeeming qualities.
- Baltimore, MD - Any place outside of the harbor is combat zone, and even the harbor has gone downhill
- New York, NY - Love or hate it. I hate it. I always feel claustrophobic, too many people, dirty, and bad weather 6 months a year
- Seattle, WA - Nasty horrible weather, always raining, odd people, too cold.. only time it is nice is like 3 months in June

erod

Reaction score
Add Denver ever since they approved pot,it has become a place for drug addicts.

Yep, it's really sad. I used to LOVE downtown Denver, especially along 14th Street.

Now, it's just crawling with miscreants, and the smell can be overpowering, especially on a summer night.

The crime rate is rising quickly there, too.

Reap and sow.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
My wife's family lived in Farmers Branch from the 60's till 2009.
Did they raise dogs, have a bingo parlor or repair flats near Valley View before the interstate was built?
Me mum recalls a Debois Family there with whom she feuded.