Worst cities in America

StylisticS

Reaction score
DC is awful
What's awful about it? it's urban, vibrant, full of energy, and full of plenty of things to do.

In fact, I like all urban cities. Something the south doesn't really have. You have to drive everywhere to do anything. Give me a town with options. There is nothing wrong with Philadelphia, DC, NYC (the most impressive city this country has to offer), or Chicago.

I like no city with a population under a million and small towns suck imo.

jrumann59

Reaction score
baltimore is actually a pretty cool city, just has dangerous parts like most....if you ahve never had a crab pretzel you havent lived....and lost of great food and fun stuff to do in the inner harbor.
the downtown area near the harbor used to be great until the cops stopped caring because the city council wanted the thugs to run rampant.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I have been a lot of cities. Lived in Philly it has some pros and a lot of cons. Many of the cons come over from Camden. NYC is not that bad once you get past the money sink and you stay in the civilized areas. NO is rotting hellhole if not for Bourbon Street. Baltimore used to have good inner harbor area, except for the water at the inner harbor, if you fall in you get to spend time get broad spectrum antibiotics through IV plus other chemical cocktail to ff set whatever is in the water. The roads in baltimore are the worst I have ever experienced between craters, lava flow intersections, methadone clinics every mile, best strip club Scores is right next to Central lock up and the gate they release prisoners from is one block away. Houston has some nice areas, STL dowtown near the ball park is nice along with areas around Union Station. KC is speed bump from MO into Kansas. Denver is nice. I like DFW area for the most part prefer FW/Arlington area. Austin is nice so is SA. TB hey most strip clubs per square mile.... Orlando is nice minus all the road construction. I pretty think all the cities in FL have something redeeming about them. Tucson is nice. I love Vegas most honest city in the USA. DC is improving stay out of most of SE and SW DC and you are fine. Most Cities in NC are OK

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, as far as the US goes, I'll list the places I like, think are meh, and don't like. No particular order:

Like:

Dallas - Always have fun there
Vegas - Love it there
Seaside Heights, New Jersey - a place I consider my summer home since I go there annually (tbh, my experience with New Jersey is that, as long as you stay out of the Newark and Camden areas, it's a delightful state).
Atlantic City, New Jersey - fun place
Asbury Park, New Jersey
Neptune, New Jersey
San Antonio - Gotta love the food and sights
Lexington, Kentucky - Brilliant, especially with my love of horses.
Grand Canyon - Okay, not really a city, but a really beautiful place.
Bryce Canyon - Again, beautiful and breath taking. Imo, better than the Grand Canyon.
Anaheim/LA - Haven't been there since 2005, but it was fun.
New York - well,sort of biased because I'm a Yankees fan when it comes to baseball, but it's a decent city. Jolly expensive though.
Fredricksburg, Texas - small town, but really quite delightful.
Destin, Florida - went there on my senior trip, and it was nice.
Denver - Really beautiful
Maui, Hawaii - Obvious with it being Hawaii
Oahu/Honolulu, Hawaii - Again, obvious reasons
Concord, New Hampshire - nice little city, and jolly nice people
Kansas City - Went in 2014, and I had a fun time at an anime convention that happened to be there at the time. Nice people.
San Diego - Went in 2005 while in So Cal, and it was really quite nice.
Huntsville, Texas - Went to university there.

Meh:

Houston - currently live in the area. Some good parts, some bad, just really quite boring imo.
Boston - Okay, honestly, quite a decent looking city, but, being a Yankees fan, I have to put it here haha.
Philadelphia - Not terrible, but not great. Just, meh. The cheesesteaks are a plus, and the people were actually quite nice to me. Good chaps for the most part I've found.
Washington - Again, meh. Decent blokes I met, and the sights were cool. However, it falls into the meh category for me.
Findlay, Ohio - Was there in 2017, and it's meh.
Nashville - Didn't really do much there to be honest, but some of the sights were quite nice.
Memphis - Graceland was cool. Other than that, meh.
Austin - It's got some good stuff to it, but really a bit on the meh side for me.
Oklahoma City - stayed there for a night on my way to KC. It was a bit better than I expected, but a tad boring. Then again, it was only a night.
Tulsa - On the return trip, so not much of a stopover, but it seemed a bit boring.
Allentown, PA area - A bit meh. Good things to do there, but a bit boring.
Morristown, New Jersey - Nice blokes, but a bit boring. Then again, I only drove through there. Nice scenery.
Hagerstown, Maryland - Nice Catholic church there, but, other than that, a bit boring. Then again, it's a small town. Might consider moving up to liking it.
Lynchburg, VA - Quite nice, but only stayed for an evening on a road trip.

Don't like:

New Orleans - Downright dreadul when I went there.
Baltimore - Dreadful
Mobile, Alabama - Really quite dreary for my liking.
Baton Rouge - smells like a bloody sewer.
Galveston, Texas - Yes, I know it's got a beach, but the sand is hard as clay. It smells like a sewer as well. Looks quite dreadful, and the fish that end up washed up really does me in for my liking when it comes to Galveston.
Baytown, Texas - well, let's just say it doesn't take much of a drive through that town to figure out why it's dreadful.
Detroit - went into the area to cross into Windsor, Canada. Absolutely appalling. The loo at the petrol station was even downright gross. Also, smells like a bloody sewer at best.

That's as much as I can think of right now of places that I can think of when it comes to America. I'd like to talk about International cities, but that's probably for another post.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Mobile is bad. It starts with the people. They're so backward that they smile at, and often greet, strangers. Even visitors from Philadelphia.

Its not uncommon for someone to turn to the person behind them in the checkout line at a grocery store and tell them to go ahead because that person only has a few items. Traffic on the main East/West thoroughfare through town is regularly slowed by people stopping and letting drivers from the sidestreets merge into traffic in front of them.

Its so terrible that in December, I have to force myself to go outside in shorts and t-shirt to pick Satsumas (Mandarin Oranges) and Meyer Lemons off my trees before they get too ripe. It got so cold it was actually below freezing THREE TIMES this winter so far. Can you believe it?

Whats even worse is that I have to live in a 2700 square foot house on three acres that cost half of what I'd pay in Dallas. Its miserable, I tell you... just miserable.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Mobile is bad. It starts with the people. They're so backward that they smile at, and often greet, strangers. Even visitors from Philadelphia.

Its not uncommon for someone to turn to the person behind them in the checkout line at a grocery store and tell them to go ahead because that person only has a few items. Traffic on the main East/West thoroughfare through town is regularly slowed by people stopping and letting drivers from the sidestreets merge into traffic in front of them.

Its so terrible that in December, I have to force myself to go outside in shorts and t-shirt to pick Satsumas (Mandarin Oranges) and Meyer Lemons off my trees before they get too ripe. It got so cold it was actually below freezing THREE TIMES this winter so far. Can you believe it?

Whats even worse is that I have to live in a 2700 square foot house on three acres that cost half of what I'd pay in Dallas. Its miserable, I tell you... just miserable.

Well, for my experience, it just seems quite boring. Also, I made the mistake of having a go at NASCAR to some bloke at a fast food restaurant. Lucky I made it out without much more than the bloke booing me for it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have actually been to Flint. It is indeed a dump.

Other places for me:
Toledo, OH
Akron, OH
Birmingham, AL
Memphis, TN
Stockton, CA
Modesto, CA

To name a couple off the top of my head

Yes, it is quite problematic to arrive in a city and realise they're bankrupt, isn't it?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I can agree with this. I'm not off the grid but the powerline ends at my house. It's noisey here when the coyotes get too close to the house with their singing or the owls are serenading each other.
That sounds exactly like my place. Throw in the peepers in the spring and you got nature's symphony.

Hadenough

Reaction score
What's awful about it? it's urban, vibrant, full of energy, and full of plenty of things to do.

In fact, I like all urban cities. Something the south doesn't really have. You have to drive everywhere to do anything. Give me a town with options. There is nothing wrong with Philadelphia, DC, NYC (the most impressive city this country has to offer), or Chicago.

I like no city with a population under a million and small towns suck imo.
DC has some of the worst traffic in the country.The parking is awful and expensive! The roads are not well maintained! Very transient area with plenty of materialistic rude people. The metro transit system is over crowded. Then like most cities you have your drugs and gangs and addicts and prostitution.

StylisticS

Reaction score
DC has some of the worst traffic in the country.The parking is awful and expensive! The roads are not well maintained! Very transient area with plenty of materialistic rude people. The metro transit system is over crowded. Then like most cities you have your drugs and gangs and addicts and prostitution.
Well every major city, especially those metro areas over 5 million will have bad traffic. DC isn’t a car city. The best thing to do is take metro, get a bike, or walk. I do agree with you about the transient nature. This isn’t the most friendly city. All the other stu

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Nursing? Top notch nursing school.

Bryn Mawr, Villanova, Cabrini, Drexel to name a few. Very upscale/prestige to say the least. The area is better known as The Main Line. Grace Kelly lived there. Her home was made historic. Andy Reid had a beautiful home there while coaching for the Eagles.
Pre-med for now. Beautiful area.