Worst Cowboys HC since we won a championship?

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Worst to Best:

Campo - Had really bad players, so could be better that Garrett with equal talent.
Garrett - Had better teams and could not game adjust at all. 4x8-8 sums it up for that clown.
Gailey - Hard headed, would not listen to the players.
Switzer - Party on.
Phillips - Did well until Garrett stabbed his back with a machete.
Parcells - Brought in some talent, but no cigar.
Jimmy J - Badass. Built a fantastic team.
Landry - Badass. Built the team from expansion into an annual powerhouse.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I really don’t see Dak providing any more opportunity than Romo. Time will tell. Maybe we can surround Dak with a stronger supporting cast.

And my point is your perception doesn’t hold anymore weight than mine.
"I really don't see..." Your lack of vision is your own shortcomings. Don't you try to push that off on Dak. You don't see the cast they are surrounding him with this offseason? Time will tell.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
"I really don't see..." Your lack of vision is your own shortcomings. Don't you try to push that off on Dak. You don't see the cast they are surrounding him with this offseason? Time will tell.
I believe in results.Until then it’s just noise.

MikeB80

Reaction score
What do you expect me to say, "my perception is wrong and you are so right"? No, there is no sin in me saying what I said.

If you were a Romo critic then you know we weren't going anywhere with him starting. He made games interesting and some seasons he made the Cowboys relevant when they would not have been otherwise. But he also cheated many terrible Cowboys years out of great drafting position the following preseasons.

Lol what?

MikeB80

Reaction score
Was never given the title of DC.

Jason Garrett was hired before Wade Phillips.

Jason and Wade never collaberated.

When asked about a certain offensive strategy after a loss, Wade's response, "I don't know".

Brian stewart absolutely was the Defensive Coordinator. I have no idea where you are getting the idea he wasn't.

yes I know when Garrett was hired. No idea about your made up comment about what wade said but wade I think was responsible for hiring skip peete and ray sherman.

cern

Reaction score
Don't try to keep up, you're not capable.
you're behind a Brazilian tree sloth. both in terms of speed and cognitive ability. but that's what makes you so entertaining.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All contextual.

In general terms, Campo. Completely unqualified.

In terms of squandering talent, Garrett.

You nailed it.

Campo was undoubtedly terrible and should have never gotten the job in the first place. But in his defense, he also inherited a mess of a team at the absolute tail-end of that dynasty. They were not only bereft of talent due to several terrible Lacewell drafts, but they were up against it cap-wise after having rewarded players for those past Super Bowls. In short, Campo had little to work with but it doesn't absolve him of his own inability to be a head coach. He was simply a bad choice made by an owner desperate to hold onto anything and anyone who had a had in winning those earlier championships.

Garrett on the other hand had talented and well-stocked teams throughout his tenure, and he still always came up short. It continues to amaze me that some fans will outright lie about 'rebuilding' in their attempts to defend Garrett. It's embarrassing quite frankly. I do credit Garrett for trying to maintain some semblance of team stability and trying to counter Jerry's recklessness in several areas. Not always successfully, but I give some credit there. Nobody was able to squander talent and opportunity like Jason Garrett. While his career record is certainly better than Campo's, it still shows an unprepared coach who should never have been given the job in the first place.

Overall, nobody did less with more than Jason Garrett did.