Worst draft in 11 years

aikemirv

Reaction score
I would have rather had a safety with that 2nd pick because I am not a Heath fan.

That said, safety did not lose us the playoff game like the line did so hopefully Tryston works out well and shores up the line!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
This draft was terrible, passed metcalf, thorn and some bona-fide future stars for a bunch of second teams scrubs..
this was not a good draft
Pollard was an excellent draft pick. He was exceptional return man for Memphis.

Pollard tied an NCAA record with seven kickoff returns for touchdowns. He averaged 30.1 yards per return. He left Memphis as one of the most accomplish kick returners in NCAA history.

That said, he'll not only help your boy Zeke in the backfield, but he'll no doubt, be the Cowboys kick returner. I'm sure when he takes one back for 6 points, you'll be saying how you posted he was a good draft pick. :laugh:

aikemirv

Reaction score
Pollard was an excellent draft pick. He was exceptional return man for Memphis.

Pollard tied an NCAA record with seven kickoff returns for touchdowns. He averaged 30.1 yards per return. He left Memphis as one of the most accomplish kick returners in NCAA history.

That said, he'll not only help your boy Zeke in the backfield, but he'll no doubt, be the Cowboys kick returner. I'm sure when he takes one back for 6 points, you'll be saying how you posted he was a good draft pick. :laugh:

Yeah, I think that was one of the biggest needs of the draft. Offense was stagnant when Zeke was subbed out. I don't want Zeke getting worn down either. Then return game was the weakest part of our special teams by far.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
This draft was terrible, passed metcalf, thorn and some bona-fide future stars for a bunch of second teams scrubs..

This was a good draft, what are you talking about? It seems they've drafted the best on the board vs a position, atleast in the beginning.
We didn't need to take the best safety on the board at that time.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
That is a result of great drafting, not poor planning!
I agree. Since the Larry Lacewell draft doldrums have ended, we’ve had wind in our sails.

My point is that some of our draft picks weren’t intended to help us come September. They were intended to make it easier to say goodbye to some players who are currently starters if needed.

Dorsett33

Reaction score

Lol...no one has played one down yet and we're already saying it's the worst draft? C'mon!

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I wanted Thornhill but it makes sense what they were doing. We got gashed by the Rams in the run game up the middle. Our safeties didn't hurt us much last year. So, I applaud the pick of Hill.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm right 80% of the time

Go look at the tread where I said Cooper was worth a 1st round pick because he's a star....

ALL you guys were against it....
Not ALL, some, there is a difference.

And I don't like that 80% of the time, now I've got to decide every time you post if this is the 80% or the 20%. Please, go with 100%, like the rest of us, and if you are proven wrong deny it and move on. I am never wrong, someone else was just righter than me.

One thing I will agree on, this was the worst draft for talent I've seen in a long time, don't know about 11 seasons but it was not a good draft not to have a high 1st rounder in. We did a hell of a lot better with our 1st pick than if we'd kept that spot.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Worst draft in 11 years is an irresponsible opinion. The Cowboys addressed the most glaring "need."

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lol...no one has played one down yet and we're already saying it's the worst draft? C'mon!
Hey it’s a good way to determine which posters know what they’re talking about and in this case which ones don’t. Anyone who says this was the worst draft or best draft ever don’t.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

No one has even put a helmet on yet...…………………...and eventually, you can't pay everyone.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not ALL, some, there is a difference.

And I don't like that 80% of the time, now I've got to decide every time you post if this is the 80% or the 20%. Please, go with 100%, like the rest of us, and if you are proven wrong deny it and move on. I am never wrong, someone else was just righter than me.

Yeah, I love the guys who know what we "all" thought or want when it comes time to back up their own opinions.

Dre11

Reaction score
Some of the players picked may turn out to be good but this draft will always be the what could have been draft. They passed on better talent at higher needs throughout the draft and all future analysis of the 2019 draft will show that. They had numerous chances to upgrade their stated biggest need and continually passed for reaches and projects or players very similar to ones that could have been had later. That is what I’m talking about, not necessarily that any of the players picked suck. It’s just that they could have done soo much better to improve the team for now as well as later.

Except they value the under tackle more in this defense both the coordinator and the secondary coach agreed on the tackle over the safety

Dre11

Reaction score
I'm right 80% of the time

Go look at the tread where I said Cooper was worth a 1st round pick because he's a star....

ALL you guys were against it....

LOL that makes you an expert? Or make you 80% right?
Shoot there's pretty people here who thought he was worth it I did too so you're 80% holds no water