Worst draft in 11 years

MyUserName

Reaction score
I have little expectation that any of this years draftees will make it past their rookie contracts in Dallas.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
LOL that makes you an expert? Or make you 80% right?
Shoot there's pretty people here who thought he was worth it I did too so you're 80% holds no water
No, there was not

Drag uo the old posts, pretty much everyone thought that trade was stupid

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
was not a flashy draft, but solid. I'm proud Dallas understands get the back half solid and the rest will take care of it's self. Every year cant be shinny things because in times those shinny things cost to keep. Dallas has a solid core that they are paying BIG bucks for. Go quietly and carry a big stick!

It can be a good draft. will it? Time tells.

Patrick

Reaction score
I was grumpy during the draft, but I have come around on it. The only pick I am upset about is taking Pollard with the first 4th rounder instead of Isaiah Johnson. Pollard would have been there with our second 4th rounder and we could have had both of them, it really seemed like Richard wanted Johnson.

But I am excited to see if Hill is that guy in the middle of the line we desperately need, I'm excited about McGovern, the Jackson's intrigue me as does Weber. Also interested to see what Donovan Wilson can do with Richard as coach.

There are some interesting players, of course, they could all bust, but interesting nonetheless.

badazoth

Reaction score
The Cowboys got their #1WR in the trade and didn't need Metcalf with Cooper, Gallup, Cobb and the others.

And half these guys would have to be at Home Depot in August for this to rival 2009.
and dont forget cedric wilson he was beating out gallup for 2nd untill he got hurt

HungryLion

Reaction score
not a big fan of helman but he got that 100%right

I particularly enjoy his use of the word douchebag.

He is right though. You can disagree with the decision making. But there’s certainly no reason to believe they weren’t prepared for the draft.

Heck, the third round pick was a pure best player available selection. It wasn’t even a forced pick for need. They clearly identified that he was by far the best player left and pulled the trigger.

Dre11

Reaction score
No, there was not

Drag uo the old posts, pretty much everyone thought that trade was stupid

Right below is my post. There was more but you can search those

Dre11Well-Known Member
5,617 messages

3,145 likes received
love it you was going to give up a first-round pick next year for receiver anyway in the draft is my guess.
Why not do it now for a receiver that is just a couple years removed from back-to-back Pro bowls

Oct 22, 2018 Report

Dre11

Reaction score
I was grumpy during the draft, but I have come around on it. The only pick I am upset about is taking Pollard with the first 4th rounder instead of Isaiah Johnson. Pollard would have been there with our second 4th rounder and we could have had both of them, it really seemed like Richard wanted Johnson.

But I am excited to see if Hill is that guy in the middle of the line we desperately need, I'm excited about McGovern, the Jackson's intrigue me as does Weber. Also interested to see what Donovan Wilson can do with Richard as coach.

There are some interesting players, of course, they could all bust, but interesting nonetheless.

How do you know he would've been there? I bet the Texans thought the same about the olineman, until Philly jumped ahead and took him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Except they value the under tackle more in this defense both the coordinator and the secondary coach agreed on the tackle over the safety[/QUOTE]

:hammer:Not sure why it's so hard for fans to understand this

408Cowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys usually draft pretty well so the worst in 11 years may not actually be an insult.

Its not like they took a QB 6th overall that they could have got with the 17th pick or even later
2009 was less than 11 years ago. If you think it's not an insult to this class to lump the in with that one you should get a psych eval.