Worst game ever for a LB?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
the staff has to see it. more than likely it's the lack of availability of anyone else that keeps him a starter. he looks horrible. without lee and lve to keep him in the right spot, he's a deer in the headlights.

If this coaching staff has a backbone Jaylon is not the incumbent starter.

Nolan coaches Patrick Willis and has to be shaking his head.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
There are young players out there who will at least try and would give anything for the chance. I would prefer to lose with one of them.

bandfan

Reaction score
What bothers me most, and I know it is like a broken record, is that he flat out avoids contact. Blockers and straight on tackles he will do everything he can to avoid it.
Defensive player trying to avoid blockers.....inexcusable

cern

Reaction score
the great bill parcells liked big linebackers. not little ones.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Last thing I wish to do is watch our Cowboys losing at home vs Browns.... AGAIN!

TexasBacon

Reaction score
He's just not fluid at all. Add the lack of instinct and you have what you have. He's a reactionary player. And like others have said, the dude looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. He's jacked to the gills for a LB yet avoids any and all contact with blockers. He plays the run like CB out there.

Ironically that's kind of the opposite of what I saw yesterday; he was constantly spending all of his time focusing on how hard he could hit the blocker instead of where the ball was or to make a play.

lukin2006

Reaction score
If this coaching staff had an ounce of backbone Smith would be benched for the season...I prefer to just outright cut Smith and Poe and Pollard...send a message to this team...all 3 are useless...I do not care about the salary cap. A message needs to be sent...

TexasBacon

Reaction score
If this coaching staff had an ounce of backbone Smith would be benched for the season...I prefer to just outright cut Smith and Poe and Pollard...send a message to this team...all 3 are useless...I do not care about the salary cap. A message needs to be sent...
That's very reactionary. Jaylon should be benched for sure, and Pollard should be taken off kick returns but Jaylon had shown that he could play at least at a decent level in 2018. He needs to see the bench until he shows that again. Pollard can be great, he just makes bone head decisions. You don't cut a good complementary weapon you've got on a rookie deal for 2 more years because of 3 bad games.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Keeping non-productive players in place certainly appears to be the preferred way of doing things for this Dallas front office. Seems like they'd prefer to keep loafers in place indefinitely than to promote others to take their place. It might be a cheaper way to manage their team but it's a sure way to ensure that a condition of complacency remains so. The country club atmosphere that has endured with the Cowboys for far too long now, desperately needs to be transformed into a more productive culture. Jerry & Stephen must insist upon discipline and accountability being demanded by themselves and their staff.

Last edited:

lukin2006

Reaction score
That's very reactionary. Jaylon should be benched for sure, and Pollard should be taken off kick returns but Jaylon had shown that he could play at least at a decent level in 2018. He needs to see the bench until he shows that again. Pollard can be great, he just makes bone head decisions. You don't cut a good complementary weapon you've got on a rookie deal for 2 more years because of 3 bad games.

A message has to be sent...Pollard has not shown me much. Smith had 1 good year and cashed in. The guy has no integrity. they should have resigned Byron Jones instead of wasting money om Poe and McCoy...both past their prime.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Folks - Hope the rest of the weekend was good and you at least hit a couple bets and/or won the fantasy game because the Cowboys are a steamy pile. Below see the link for the game highlights. It covers pretty much every snap. I recommend fast forwarding to the defense only and key on 54. I watched much of this at 50% speed because I could not believe my eyes. I know many are bashing on 54 but take the time to watch this if you can. You will witness the worst game for a starting LB in the history of football. Please tell me if I am wrong. It was hard for me to find anything he did positive. I won't give you my notes. Check it out if you have the time. It is remarkable.

I would sign # 30 to replace Jaylon.....could he do any worse?

dwreck27

Reaction score
Jaylon was awful yesterday but his play is a symptom of an ineffective DL. Our DTs are not keeping the OL off him. He needs to be able to run sideline to sideline and tackle which is real hard to do when you have to shed a block from a 320 lb G to get to the ball carrier.
Lol he still only had two tackles against a team that ran the ball down our throat

he should have had double digits even if it was 5 yards down field

tells me everything I need to know that he wasn’t even in the picture to make a play

J_Allen

Reaction score
Lol he still only had two tackles against a team that ran the ball down our throat

he should have had double digits even if it was 5 yards down field

tells me everything I need to know that he wasn’t even in the picture to make a play

He's obviously been told by Jerry that he'll have a job no matter what.

What an embarrassment. Can you imagine having to coach under those conditions?

Or how about being another player and working your tail off only to have an idiot like that on the team and paraded as the face of the defense.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Folks - Hope the rest of the weekend was good and you at least hit a couple bets and/or won the fantasy game because the Cowboys are a steamy pile. Below see the link for the game highlights. It covers pretty much every snap. I recommend fast forwarding to the defense only and key on 54. I watched much of this at 50% speed because I could not believe my eyes. I know many are bashing on 54 but take the time to watch this if you can. You will witness the worst game for a starting LB in the history of football. Please tell me if I am wrong. It was hard for me to find anything he did positive. I won't give you my notes. Check it out if you have the time. It is remarkable.

PFF must have totally panned his last game. His score for the year is down to 41.7. Score for his last game must be in the 20s.

Ouch!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

OMG. Just watched the first play. Jaylon oozes over to the runner, puts a hand on him, and just falls down. What was that?
Next play. Jaylon runs the wrong way, leaving a TE wide open. Doesn't bother to run to finish the play.
Third play, totally bites on the run, struggles to stop and cut back for the reverse, back into an oline who just puts his hands up and stands there.
Fourth play, Jaylon gets a hit in on a tackle. Ok.
Jaylon watches Chubb run by him.
Good coverage on Kareem Hunt coming out of the backfield.
Totally screwed by a reverse. Doesn't even come into the field of view at the end of the play. Wait! There are his feet.
Hunt practically runs into him. It's like he was running through air. Jaylon goes down.
Play away from Jaylon. For the best. I don't think he was covering anyone.
Looks like he had some decent coverage on a TE.
Stays in the middle. Play is away to the right.
TD to Beckham he's waiting on covering someone out of the backfield, I think.
Another coverage away.
Pushed like 5 yards backwards downfield.
Kareem Hunt TD. Goes the wrong way. Doesn't bother to try to get back to the play.

The first drive was spectacularly awful. Run defense is bad throughout. Often loafs. Can cover a guy who justs runs downfield. Make him cut hard, and he'll get lost by 5 yards.