Worst game ever for a LB?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
What's amazing, and probably a reason why he thinks he's "productive" is that he is top-5 in tackles through 4 weeks. But unlike the other LBs on that list, Jaylon has an embarrassing Combo/Solo tackle ratio. You won't find the next 20 defensive players with more combo tackles than Solo tackles. Jaylon just prefers to chase plays from behind and jump onto an already tackled player.

The man knows how to market.

Hot Boyz!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Ironically that's kind of the opposite of what I saw yesterday; he was constantly spending all of his time focusing on how hard he could hit the blocker instead of where the ball was or to make a play.

Every so often he does hit into a blocker, but there's no stack and shed.

Redline360

Reaction score
Has an IQ of a pumpkin. Constantly reading plays wrong and when he does correctly(rarely) he folds like a cheap chair avoiding the big hit.

He may honestly have the lowest football IQ of any player in the league right now.

streetcredit

Reaction score
Has an IQ of a pumpkin. Constantly reading plays wrong and when he does correctly(rarely) he folds like a cheap chair avoiding the big hit.

He may honestly have the lowest football IQ of any player in the league right now.
Why are you insulting pumpkins?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I've defended Jaylon here before, but he's not having a good season. Watching the highlights I felt he covered the RBs and TEs pretty well that game, but run support was horrendous.

The biggest problem with Jaylon is he lacks physicality and waits too long for the play to come to him. By the time he reacts he's being blocked and doesn't shed well. Other times it looks like he's running half speed. He's going to misread plays, but I much rather have him shoot through a gap and go get the runner rather than waiting for something come to him.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I was called out by many last season when I offered that Jaylon Smith was possibly the worst LB in the entire NFL.

He is bottom of the barrel bad. I don't care he drags down 180 RB's and WR's from behind each season. He can't shed a block. He can't diagnose a play. He commits terrible penalties. He can't tip a ball if his good leg depended on it. He gimps around ballcarriers making business decision after business decision.

He is worthless. Capital W. Worthless.

black label

Reaction score
giphy.gif

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol he still only had two tackles against a team that ran the ball down our throat

he should have had double digits even if it was 5 yards down field

tells me everything I need to know that he wasn’t even in the picture to make a play

We all remember different plays. He's not getting to the ball carriers and that's the bottom line. I think he's making a lot of business decisions on the field. Would it help if our DT's could hold their ground? Absolutely.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Dear Lord. Just now, on 105.3 The Fan, Jerry was asked about Jaylon Smith.

I’m paraphrasing, but he said, “I would describe his play as courageous. He gives you everything he has on every single play.”

That and Coach Nolan saying he “doesn’t understand the criticism of Jaylon”? Yeah, we’re stuck with him at MLB.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

I’m paraphrasing, but he said, “I would describe his play as courageous. He gives you everything he has on every single play.”

That and Coach Nolan saying he “doesn’t understand the criticism of Jaylon”? Yeah, we’re stuck with him at MLB.

Like many of our fans, Jerry has fallen in love with the story of Jaylon instead of looking at the player on the field.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry just likes to see the boys running around having fun.......showing excitement!