Worst movie you ever saw?

honyock

Reaction score
Mine is "Windtalkers", the 2002 movie starring Nicholas Cage. It was especially disapppointing to me, given the subject matter. The story of the Navajo codetalkers and the role they played in WWII had the potential to be interesting material. But John Woo, the director, instead made an absolute mess of an action film, with plenty of slow motion shots of Nicholas Cage grimacing like he'd just taken cyanide. Cage was terrible, but I blame Woo for not having any idea how to make the movie. I've never walked out on a movie, but I came close on this one.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Birdemic. It's so bad even Rifftrax can't redeem it (believe, I loved Rifftrax with Pumaman) and it's got its own cult following. I think Birdemic 2 came out for that very reason...

you can look at the trailer on youtube. I just realized it's not as family friendly as i thought.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. All I can say is I was bored one night in the late 70's and didn't have cable.

honyock

Reaction score
jobberone;4986191 said:
Not my worse but that's a very interesting take on that movie.

It was probably a function of my expectations going in...was hoping they'd make a good movie out of that subject matter.

At the other extreme for war movies, I just re-watched "Black Hawk Down" the other night, and it held up well, as good as the first time I saw it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
honyock;4986207 said:
It was probably a function of my expectations going in...was hoping they'd make a good movie out of that subject matter.

At the other extreme for war movies, I just re-watched "Black Hawk Down" the other night, and it held up well, as good as the first time I saw it.

I left that movie with a vague sense of unsatisfaction but I'm not real artsy. I guess disappointed is a good word, too.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There was another one I saw years ago that was a low budget knockoff of Creature from the Black Lagoon. It was so low budgeted that you could tell the river scenes were filmed in a swimming pool. In one scene you could actually make out the drain in the pool. :cool: The lizard suit the creature was wearing was so cheap you could see the zipper on it.

Hopeuhavechange

Reaction score
Redneck Zombies. Bad. And it's not really even close, but any flick with Keanu Reeves gets dishonorable mention.

jubal

Reaction score
Flash Gordon- 1980 version.
Just finished watching on Retro channel.
Like taking medicine except there was no redeeming results after watching it,just the bad taste it left.

honyock

Reaction score
dexternjack;4986214 said:
The English Patient

Definitely makes my Most Overrated list. Ralph Fiennes is the least likeable actor I can think of.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
honyock;4986247 said:
Definitely makes my Most Overrated list. Ralph Fiennes is the least likeable actor I can think of.

Aye, I took this question in regards to movies that were pumped up, big actors and directors with a higher cost to produce. Hands down, the Eng Pat wins this.

Now, if I were to include the really low-budget, D-list movies with almost no cost, then I could think of some that are worse.

I did get a really good power nap somewhere in the middle :)

Oh, Ralph was good in Schindler's List, thats about it tho.

honyock

Reaction score
dexternjack;4986250 said:
Aye, I took this question in regards to movies that were pumped up, big actors and directors with a higher cost to produce. Hands down, the Eng Pat wins this.

Now, if I were to include the really low-budget, D-list movies with almost no cost, then I could think of some that are worse.

Yeah, I don't grade the schlock B movies quite as hard, although that doesn't make them any less terrible. The truth is, I don't see many of them anymore, so the really bad big-budget films are the ones that I remember.

Oh, Ralph was good in Schindler's List, thats about it tho

Yes, perfect casting for that role.