Worst movie you ever saw?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4989475 said:
He (Shamaylan) comes off as trying to be too "cute" when it comes to offering a "angle" for most of his horror films. When you're finally shown (or have figured out) what or who the villain of the film is it usually just causes you to roll your eyes.

I thought Signs and Devil were both very good.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4989077 said:
I liked "Quarantine". I liked the movie it was based off of too "Rec".

My biggest complaint about the movie was that they show the ending of how the chick gets draged off in the trailer. Once I say she was the main character I
knew how it would end.

Kristen82

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4989502 said:
I thought Signs and Devil were both very good.

"Signs" is one of my fav movies. Like action-oriented alien invasion movies in general like Cloverfield and Alien but I liked this one too because it offered a change of pace and slooowly built up the tension.

Aussie Cowboy

Reaction score
honyock said:
Mine is "Windtalkers", the 2002 movie starring Nicholas Cage. It was especially disapppointing to me, given the subject matter. The story of the Navajo codetalkers and the role they played in WWII had the potential to be interesting material. But John Woo, the director, instead made an absolute mess of an action film, with plenty of slow motion shots of Nicholas Cage grimacing like he'd just taken cyanide. Cage was terrible, but I blame Woo for not having any idea how to make the movie. I've never walked out on a movie, but I came close on this one.
I would have to say without a doubt 2001 A Space Odyssey. I saw it as a youngster during a school excursion it may have gone right over my head.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Signs was pure trash.

A former priest who owns the only farm in America without a shotgun. An ****** brother and an Alien menance that traveled untold Billions of miles to invade a world 2/3 made up of stuff that kills them. Add in two cute kids and a magic baby monitor and you're all set.

I don't know which was worse, this or the one about the motel full of freaks with the magic swimming pool.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I must have a bad taste in movies, because there are a lot of movies listed here that I actually enjoyed very much. :)

joseephuss

Reaction score
Jammer;4990021 said:
I must have a bad taste in movies, because there are a lot of movies listed here that I actually enjoyed very much. :)

Or you have good weed. :D

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
For the record, I liked the English Patient, 2001 :A Space Odyssey and thoroughly enjoyed Bubba-Ho-Tep.:laugh2: As far as really bad movies go, anything directed by Ed Wood (Glen or Glenda, Plan 9 from Outer Space) would qualify. Some films become cult classics because they were so absurd. How many of you watched Santa Claus Conquers the Martians?

Lodeus

Reaction score
The Impossible - 8/10

Oh man, what an emotional movie. Great performances.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
I won't call it the worst, but I really didn't enjoy Titanic until people started falling off the boat. But the people bouncing off the boat and slamming into the water scenes were top notch.

Out of Africa was also the worst for me. I remember my mom forcing my sister and I to watch it at the theater. For years, we joked that we should have called social services.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Lodeus;4990619 said:
The Impossible - 8/10

Oh man, what an emotional movie. Great performances.

Oops. Wrong place to put this :eek::

jimmy40

Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;4989889 said:
Signs was pure trash.

A former priest who owns the only farm in America without a shotgun. An ****** brother and an Alien menance that traveled untold Billions of miles to invade a world 2/3 made up of stuff that kills them. Add in two cute kids and a magic baby monitor and you're all set.

I don't know which was worse, this or the one about the motel full of freaks with the magic swimming pool.
Signs was cool. The swimming pool one I agree with.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Joe Vs the Volcano and I love Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks but that was royally bad. I did not walk out like I do other movies that are bad but that has stayed in my mind for a long time.

I watched The American the other night and other than the scenery thought this might qualify. What a slow boring movie. Did Clooney produce it and direct it and star in it. Horrible movie.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
FloridaRob;4991474 said:
Joe Vs the Volcano and I love Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks but that was royally bad. I did not walk out like I do other movies that are bad but that has stayed in my mind for a long time.

:laugh2: I went to the theater for that one and actually fell asleep. That's the only time that has ever happened to me. Never seen the whole thing to this day.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Natural Born Killers

its the only movie I remember ever getting up and leaving

It might be a good movie for what it was portraying & it probably did a good job but the subject, the characters, the wardrobes and even the wallpaper made me sick to my stomach. I don't ever recall feeling that way watching a movie which probably means the director deserves kudos if thats what he was trying to achieve

yimyammer

Reaction score
CashMan;4986892 said:
A lot of his movies are hit or miss. I liked Sleepy Hollow, Batman, and Batman Returns. I just watched Mars Attacks yesterday, and thought it was horrible. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was bad too.

I cant stand Burtons movies or his style, they're all weird as hell and have a very similar feel and cinematography

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Joe Rod;4991489 said:
:laugh2: I went to the theater for that one and actually fell asleep. That's the only time that has ever happened to me. Never seen the whole thing to this day.

The first fifteen minutes are pure pain and agony.