Would a single NFL team trade for Dak right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Here is a couple of other QB’s no team would trade for
Mahomes and Allen
Not because they aren’t great but because it would destroy both teams making the trade
The trading teams cap and recieving teams drafts for years
A player that can’t be traded has little to do with talent and everything to do with contract and costs
True but I thought the OP was talking about fantasy land scenario, with no cap implications.
I have no idea why I even participated in this thread, I am checking out now.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If that contract didn't exist the way it does the answer would be no. The only teams I think would even consider him are Cleveland and Detroit.

I'm guessing you forgot Cleveland paid Deshaun Watson over $200 million and get him back from suspension soon.

Carolina would take Dak in a heartbeat. Mayfield and Darnold will both be allowed to leave as free agents after 2022.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Clearly it’s not going to happen and we that already know the answer is hell no, I’m interested in the Dak maniacs and what team and trade package the cows could get for good ole’ noodle arm.
After we absorb the signing bonus, the remaining paragraph five salary isn’t that onerous …at least not for a slightly above average starting QB. That trade veto though… The Joneses are genius!

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
I'm guessing you forgot Cleveland paid Deshaun Watson over $200 million and get him back from suspension soon.

Carolina would take Dak in a heartbeat. Mayfield and Darnold will both be allowed to leave as free agents after 2022.
That might’ve been the mother of terrible moves

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That might’ve been the mother of terrible moves

e05b4cb8-3825-4533-88e0-610bfad1d636_text.gif

plasticman

Reaction score
It would be a team that has the coaching expertise to better utilize his talents, a team that better understands what they have and don't have in Dak Prescott.

That would be a team with a very good defense and a balanced offense that expects Dak to throw around 25-28 passes a game instead of the mid forties.

The Titan QB Ryan Tannehill has averaged 29 pass attempts a game over the last two seasons. Dak night be a better fit should he accept his role on that team.

Dak is 26-1 when throwing less than 29 times. He's 50-50 otherwise. It's not that Dak is throwing the ball around in the 2nd half playing catch up, although that happens on occasion.

The issue for the Cowboys is the gameplan versus abilities. As smart as Moore is supposed to be, I keep imagining him as the pre-schooler that kept trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Wangchung83

Reaction score

Yeah let's put Dak in Carolina with no weapons and see how he does. The only thing we have claimed se to this is his pitiful performance before Amari and during zeke hold out in 2018. He sucked and doubt any team has forgotten that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Clearly it’s not going to happen and we that already know the answer is hell no, I’m interested in the Dak maniacs and what team and trade package the cows could get for good ole’ noodle arm.
There’s always teams desperate for a QB. And how the Carr’s, Cousins, Murray’s, and Prescotts for example can attract big deals.

Most of the league has to build around average QB’s. And average non elite franchise QB’s are still expensive beyond their rookie contract. That’s just the business of the NFL unfortunately.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah let's put Dak in Carolina with no weapons and see how he does. The only thing we have claimed se to this is his pitiful performance before Amari and during zeke hold out in 2018. He sucked and doubt any team has forgotten that.
Right, he’d do similar to how Wilson, Carr, Murray and other 40 million a year caliber QB’s are doing without a better supporting cast.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Yes, but not at that contract.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

LOL or should I cry, Nah we've all cried far too long with Jerry's circus.
With that contract, you couldn't give inepto away not even to the CFL....

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Not a single team will.

Dak stopped being a good QB after the Denver game last year. He’s not the old Dak .

Status
Not open for further replies.