Would a single NFL team trade for Dak right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I keep seeing people reference his contract but if I’m reading it correctly the guaranteed money outside of salary is paid out after this year and then next year he makes 30 mil.

So if that’s accurate and the hypothetical here is the team trades for him after this year they’d be taking on his 30 mil salary and likely look to extend.

As someone in NC the Panthers actually make sense.

Just drafted a franchise LT, have young stud CB, stud DE and #1 WR.

They have most premium positions covered just have been dying for good QB play for years.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Put Cooper Rush back in the lineup with our defense falling apart and we might not win another game the rest of the season. You’re not going to win many games putting up one or two TDs every week with this defense. We were kicking mostly FG’s when Rush was the QB.

I would go for that. That way the Cowboys could at least try and find a QB with a high draft pick. This experiment with Dak has been going on way to long. On the other hand, they stick with Dak and stay in the middle of the draft, over and over and over to keep us fans watching, for what, I have no clue.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
1) I suggest you look up the teams that Watson had if you think his only weapon was Hopkins.

2) Dak played no preseason games and got injured the first game. If you're judging Dak on this season alone why not judge fairly with other players.

3) It's like some guys judge Dak on a different scale then other players. Going by 2 years ago when Watson played that entire team was terrible and he didn't win many games at all.

4) Again, if anybody saying Watson is 10 times better than Dak either they can't accurately judge QBs or they have an agenda.

1) I did look at the players Watson used to have on his offense and Hopkins was at the those times his only real weapon and he didn’t even have him for the last season he played there. Hopkins never looked as good with Kyler Murray as he has with Watson, just to add. But you can’t say who else was on that offense that was a weapon, especially in Watson last season in Houston. I understand why, because there weren’t any other weapons and that was my point.

2). I haven’t judged Dak on this season alone. You are trying to tell yourself that. In fact I added that the Dak Prescott the first 8 games last season looked like a top 5 QB and was 10 times better than the Dak we have today, as Watson looked 10 times better over 2 seasons ago than the Dak Prescott of today. That we need to get Dak back to being that guy and I’m not sure it’s possible. If you had that guy you wouldn’t want to trade him 40 million or not a season. But he is not that guy, regardless of injuries as we speak.

3) That’s right, Texans were a bad talentless team other than having Watson and that’s why he wanted out before that whole scandal he got himself into. But Watson was regarded as a top 5 QB even with Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and Tom Brady. This team was still trying to figure out if they should sign Dak to a long term deal and for what the market would be.

4). No agenda. The last time I saw Deshaun Watson play with anything around him, he looked 10 x better than Dak we have up to last week. Bad route running or not. I listed 10 of the reasons why. I also think Dak the first 8 games of last season looked 10 times better than the Dak we have of last week. So yes, that is my evaluation whether I know how to evaluate a QB or not. No agenda. The OP asked a legit question and I came up with at least 10 reason why I answered the way I did. Can even add more but not necessary to do so and be told I have an agenda lol! You get to make a yes or no statement and haven’t added 1 point to verify them.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I can't wait until Prescott retires to see who the next punching-bag QB will be?
These low football IQ threads are entertaining!

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
1) I did look at the players Watson used to have on his offense and Hopkins was at the those times his only real weapon and he didn’t even have him for the last season he played there. Hopkins never looked as good with Kyler Murray as he has with Watson, just to add. But you can’t say who else was on that offense that was a weapon, especially in Watson last season in Houston. I understand why, because there weren’t any other weapons and that was my point.

2). I haven’t judged Dak on this season alone. You are trying to tell yourself that. In fact I added that the Dak Prescott the first 8 games last season looked like a top 5 QB and was 10 times better than the Dak we have today, as Watson looked 10 times better over 2 seasons ago than the Dak Prescott of today. That we need to get Dak back to being that guy and I’m not sure it’s possible. If you had that guy you wouldn’t want to trade him 40 million or not a season. But he is not that guy, regardless of injuries as we speak.

3) That’s right, Texans were a bad talentless team other than having Watson and that’s why he wanted out before that whole scandal he got himself into. But Watson was regarded as a top 5 QB even with Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and Tom Brady. This team was still trying to figure out if they should sign Dak to a long term deal and for what the market would be.

4). No agenda. The last time I saw Deshaun Watson play with anything around him, he looked 10 x better than Dak we have up to last week. Bad route running or not. I listed 10 of the reasons why. I also think Dak the first 8 games of last season looked 10 times better than the Dak we have of last week. So yes, that is my evaluation whether I know how to evaluate a QB or not. No agenda. The OP asked a legit question and I came up with at least 10 reason why I answered the way I did. Can even add more but not necessary to do so and be told I have an agenda lol! You get to make a yes or no statement and haven’t added 1 point to verify them.
So Hopkins, Fuller, Cooks, David Johnson, Miller, Hyde plus a really good defense with a defensive player of the year isn't no weapons.

On top of that Watson has 1 season throwing over 30 TDs and only 2 seasons over 4000 yards.

With only 1 playoff win.....

Like I said anybody that says Watson is 10 times better than Dak haven't a clue how to judge QBs or have an agenda. That's facts, period

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
Well as we all know ….can’t be trade …. so mute point !
Next. If he could be then the answer would be NO ! Because the cost is too high
For a very mediocre QB !
If he was on any other team he would be out of the league …. Period !!

Cmac

Reaction score
Eagles making moves right in front of everyone......while we infactuated in bashing Dak. The FO is probably on this board too.

cnuball21

Reaction score
So Hopkins, Fuller, Cooks, David Johnson, Miller, Hyde plus a really good defense with a defensive player of the year isn't no weapons.

On top of that Watson has 1 season throwing over 30 TDs and only 2 seasons over 4000 yards.

With only 1 playoff win.....

Like I said anybody that says Watson is 10 times better than Dak haven't a clue how to judge QBs or have an agenda. That's facts, period

I’d say Watson was trending to be better than Dak…but then he missed a bunch of games and went full creeper.

GINeric

Reaction score
Clearly it’s not going to happen and we that already know the answer is hell no, I’m interested in the Dak maniacs and what team and trade package the cows could get for good ole’ noodle arm.

So Dak has a noodle arm now huh.... show me a post, conversation, link, video, clipping, etc, of someone credible saying Dak has a noodle arm.

And when was the last time you've ever heard of a team trading away a top 10, top 11 starting quarterback???

I swear some fans say the dumbest **** known to man. Thank God you're not in any situation in life to be an important decision maker.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I’d say Watson was trending to be better than Dak…but then he missed a bunch of games and went full creeper.
Perhaps but they have been about the same. In no way, shape or fashion is Watson 10 times better than Dak.

Watson best season still isn't better than Dak's best season

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Clearly it’s not going to happen and we that already know the answer is hell no, I’m interested in the Dak maniacs and what team and trade package the cows could get for good ole’ noodle arm.
Get real...
Saints
Panthers
Giants
Colts
Texans
Commanders
Lions

Would trade for Prescott. He does not have a noodle arm. He is not a franchise passing QB. But a franchise can win the Super Bowl with his arm (stronger than Romo), athletic ability and leadership.

No QB can get past a dumbo GM like Jerry Dumbo GM Jones. Aikman could not. Carter could not. Romo could not. So why do you think Dak Prescott who is not as a prolific passer as either three (Carter had elite arm strength being a former baseball player) can do it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He is a Cowboys fan and wanted the job he has since he was a kid
True but he gets paid no matter what. If Jerry and company tell him what team he wants to go to he will either agree or OL will forget to block and receivers will forget how to catch and run routes

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
Get real...
Saints
Panthers
Giants
Colts
Texans
Commanders
Lions

Would trade for Prescott. He does not have a noodle arm. He is not a franchise passing QB. But a franchise can win the Super Bowl with his arm (stronger than Romo), athletic ability and leadership.

No QB can get past a dumbo GM like Jerry Dumbo GM Jones. Aikman could not. Carter could not. Romo could not. So why do you think Dak Prescott who is not as a prolific passer as either three (Carter had elite arm strength being a former baseball player) can do it.

That some funny stuff… right there

eromeopolk

Reaction score
True but he gets paid no matter what. If Jerry and company tell him what team he wants to go to he will either agree or OL will forget to block and receivers will forget how to catch and run routes
That some funny stuff… right there
Its the truth. Aikman said why he retired and nobody listened...Jerry DUMBO GM Jones. He was going to unretire to be a Dolphin instead of staying in Dallas or making a comeback in Dallas...That is all you need to know about any QB being successful with Jerry Dumbo GM Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.