Would any fan on here pay Dak 40 million per year?

glimmerman

Reaction score
I DO think Mahomes will take a team friendly deal.
But its all relative.
His team friendly deal may be 40/yr when he could fight for 45
Exactly. He will get 40 and call it team friendly. Still taking a bigger portion of the cap...

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good for you. I have the same outlook when it comes to these message boards. Ignoring certain posters defeats the purpose of debating on these boards. If you only want to hear one viewpoint, why bother with posting?
Exactly. Someone told me to put them on ignore. That’s why I gave this reply. I’d rather debate

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yea, he considers anyone questioning over paying Dak or offers any criticism a troll . Basically if you don’t agree with him you’re a troll. Lol

Which the definition of trolling is attacking or insulting personally to discredit their opinion.
I truly think somethings wrong with him. And I am concerned. He used to not be like this. But it is what it is

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak’s draft position didn’t matter after the day he was drafted. He was on the team and IMO, it doesn’t matter how he got there. After his first contract, there is no such thing as 4th round money.
Good point. But I still say pay the guy. I know what he’s capable of I know what he’s not capable of. If you could repeat 2016.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay him 40 mil/yr. There isn't a QB besides Mahomes and Rodgers (2010-2017) that I would, honestly.
I would rather try to build an elite defense with a good running game and roll with a Dalton-type QB.
However, I'd also look hard at QBs in the draft and try to replenish the position.
Minny with Keenum, Tennessee with Tannehill, Jags with Bortles a few years ago have shown that you can get far in the playoffs with a bus driver if you have a great D and running game, but short of Rodgers and GB (before last year) I have not seen many teams with an expensive QB and bad defense get very far in the playoffs...

kskboys

Reaction score
25%?

Russell Wilson leads the NFL right now 15%. No one is even sniffing 25%. Mahomes wont even come close to that when he signs
Yup. Didn't say they were. However, check out the rate for QB's and how fast it's climbing. It will be 25% if this continues.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He's at best a marginal player who cannot ascend to the top because he lacks the instincts to be a leader.
If Dak had started with just about any other team, he would probably already be out of the league by now.

Marginal? According to who? You? If that's the case, you're a minority of one. I checked some sites to see where Dak's rated:

NFL.com - 11th
Sporting news - 13th
USA today - 4th
Athlon Sports - 5th
CBS Sports - 5th

That's an average of 7th, which is not marginal by any stretch of the imagination. And you think Garrett "chose" him? Since when does Jerry not run the team?

And lacks the instinct to be a leader? Even those who say he's not that great say he IS a leader, you're not on the team, you have NO way of knowing.

Now do I think he's a "superstar"? Nope, that's reserved for the Rodgers, Brees, etc. in the league, but "marginal"?

You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean you're right...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yup. Didn't say they were. However, check out the rate for QB's and how fast it's climbing. It will be 25% if this continues.
The cap is going to be climbing as fast as the QB's pay will. It will never even approach 20% let alone 25%

Based on what projection do you get this 25% figure from?