Would any other team in the NFL give Prescott 35 million?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am not arguing Wentz vs Dak. I like Dak better but lots would disagree. Wentz has an average salary of 32 MM. That is the number plus or minus 500k. Tweak the guaranteed money if you need the agent to shut the hell up but this 35 or 40 talk is beyond stupid. Dak’s number is 32ish. Not a penny more.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The best way to answer this question would be to see who is going to have capspace next year and who their QB is. If there are a number of teams with mountains of money to spend and no QB of note on the roster, then yeah, Dak might get a huge offer. If there is no one that has big capspace and a need at QB, then no, he would not.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2020/

Not sure how up to date that is. Sure looks like there is a lot of money available though.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Quite a stupid response. First of all, not even close to every team is set at qb..in addition, teams that need qbs don't say, no thanks we aren't interesting in fixing the most difficult position to fill in sports, we will try our luck w the draft...nice try

Who doesn't know who their opening day starter is? Who doesn't have a QB they think will be starting for them 2-3 years down the road? You don't need to have Pat Mahomes to be set at the position at the moment.

And for the draft point. If you had the option of Dak at 35 million or Dexter Lawrence or Tua on rookie deals, you'd take Dak? Colts should have traded the Andrew Luck pick so they could sign proven veterans like Alex Smith or Jason Campbell? Is that your point?

JBS

Reaction score
Who doesn't know who their opening day starter is? Who doesn't have a QB they think will be starting for them 2-3 years down the road? You don't need to have Pat Mahomes to be set at the position at the moment.

And for the draft point. If you had the option of Dak at 35 million or Dexter Lawrence or Tua on rookie deals, you'd take Dak? Colts should have traded the Andrew Luck pick so they could sign proven veterans like Alex Smith or Jason Campbell? Is that your point?

I'm not even going to entertain this any further. This is beyond ridiculous. Every team in the NFL is set at qb for the next 3 years..you can talk to idiot eagles fans like this..get out of here

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
TB is the only team I see that might offer a lot and that is assuming they pass on Crab legs Winston. Arians would have to want him also. And TB is pretty cheap. Miami might be the other team but they have Rosen and might have a shot at some of the QBs in the 2020 draft.

I honestly don't see a team offering $30M for Dak. Dak should just take what Jerry is offering and be happy. Dak should take $25M/yr plus the $7M/yr in endorsements and smile.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I think that way would. There’s a severe lack of talent in the league at the quarterback position and Dak is a proven winner.

After this year, you’ll see why he’s worth $35M. Quarterbacks typically have their breakout in the 4th year. They better get a deal done this year or it could be $40M next year.

There is?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
No.

Dak is more valuable at this time to the Cowboys than he is to any other team.

And if the Cowboys were offering 35MM He'd be signed right now.

He isn't.

They're not.

ghst187

Reaction score
I would’ve said no but Wince just got like 32 so clearly the going rate for good but not great is early 30s now....

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
He’s a good quarterback but not a great one. He wants to be the highest paid player but his play on the field doesn’t justify that kind of contract. I wouldn’t do it but I believe that someone would. I really hope that the Cowboys don’t.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Don't matter....it's about timing. plays like 27 and makes 35.5 . 3 years from now that's about 11-15. It's a business first and foremost. Just sign the dude,he's gonna give you all he's got.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Lets see he was NFL offensive rookie of the year, set a NFL record for the fewest picks thrown by any rookie QB, went to the playoffs 2 out of his first 3 years, the cowboys won 13 games as a rookie QB. These are all things you'd expect if he was a top 10 first round pick, but being a 4th round pick he's played way above his draft spot.

tvooz

Reaction score
no team this year would offer him a contract nor would any team trade for him

2020 may be a different story

teams that may be interested in 2020 may just opt to draft a qb

Buffalo
Miami
New England
New York Jets

Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals --> possibly in 2020
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers

Houston
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Tennessee --> possibly in 2020

Denver
Kansas City
Los Angeles Chargers
Oakland

Dallas
New York Giants
Philadelphia
Washington

Chicago
Detroit
Green Bay
Minnesota

Atlanta
Carolina
New Orleans
Tampa Bay --> possibly in 2020

Arizona
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco
Seattle

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Lets see he was NFL offensive rookie of the year, set a NFL record for the fewest picks thrown by any rookie QB, went to the playoffs 2 out of his first 3 years, the cowboys won 13 games as a rookie QB. These are all things you'd expect if he was a top 10 first round pick, but being a 4th round pick he's played way above his draft spot.

Listen fella. I am one on the biggest Dak supporters on this sight. Love the guy. I want Jerry to sign him. Question was 35 per. Why would they pay more than Wentz who is a good comp for Dak? Brady just signed a 2 year extension at 21. Why would you pay Dak 35? Only an idiot would do that.

CWR

Reaction score
We've had this discussion before. As much as Id lean towards no, it only take one.

Tampa for example with Winston leaving or Carolina or Cincy ect..

After this season who knows. No one really knows what Dak will do without Zeke, but this time around he will have Coop and the Oline should be in tact, also no more Linehan. No excuses.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
He might get that. Doesn't mean it would be smart or ideal to pay him that but when you're in QB hell your team is pretty much hopeless. Teams recognize that and someone will overpay.