Would Dak crack the Cowboys top-5 Best QB list? Me, I say no

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Troy had the perfect team. But he couldn't move and throw under pressure at all. Tony could, and with the same accuracy.

Troy would have been maimed on Tony's teams and would have had a forgettable short career.
This part of the fanbase is funny....so we slight Aikman in favor of Romo because of the team he played with?

Aikman also faced some tough teams that were stacked as well.

Romo throughout his career has had some flawed teams but he's had some stacked teams and he never came close to what Aikman did.

2007 in comparison to the rest of the league was stacked and probably had more talent than anyone.

plasticman

Reaction score
Yeah, this looks about right to me. Although I liked Romo more than Dak and think if he would have had a decent line in front of him earlier in his career he may have been a little more healthy later in his career.
I liked Romo as well but I seriously doubt he would ever have the type of rookie season that Dak had. Dak started year #1, game #1. Romo threw his very first regulation NFL pass during the fifth game of his fourth year.

By the time that Romo started his first game in his career, game #7 in his fourth season, Dak already started 54 games and made the Pro Dowl twice.

Romo replaced Bledsoe midway through the game in the previous week and completed 17 of 25 passes. Unfortunately, three of them were caught by the opponent.

Dak set the NFL record for attempts before his first INT, previously held by Tom Brady.

Still. his career is incomplete, therefore the tie with Romo.

morat1959

Reaction score
Troy had the perfect team. But he couldn't move and throw under pressure at all. Tony could, and with the same accuracy.

Troy would have been maimed on Tony's teams and would have had a forgettable short career.
Troy moved around in the pocket and read pre snap blitz as well as any QB in the league. Romo was accurate but not close to Troy. The difference in these 2 QBs is night and day. Romo was a gunslinger and took way too many chances. Troy was a field general and held players around him accountable. Romo was Hollywood and loved Cabo.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This part of the fanbase is funny....so we slight Aikman in favor of Romo because of the team he played with?

Aikman also faced some tough teams that were stacked as well.

Romo throughout his career has had some flawed teams but he's had some stacked teams and he never came close to what Aikman did.

2007 in comparison to the rest of the league was stacked and probably had more talent than anyone.
You said the fan base was funny.
How are we funny? How?

plymkr

Reaction score
Got to admit that both Romo and Rayne put up some good stats.....in the regular season, though.
Right. If you count regular season only Dak and Romo are in the top 5 easy. If you count regular seasons and playoffs Romo and Dak are fringe top five at best.

I do want to throw this out there, to be fair to Romo and Dak. Dallas has a great history at QB. I would say San Fran, Green Bay, and Patriots are in our league as far as putting good QBs on the field over several decades. Patriots only make that list due to Brady. So to be fair to Romo and Dak they would be definitely top five, and some cases top 3, on most other teams. Bears, Vikings, Tampa Bay, Las Vegas, etc.

JustChip

Reaction score
1. Roger
2. Aikman
3. Dandy Don
4. Craig Morton
5. Danny White

You chaps might have different ideas.

Holla and brings me a dollah
I’m not a big fan of order rankings, especially between players if different eras. Makes more sense to group players on levels. I would group the QBs as:

1. Staubach & Aikman.
2. Merideth & Romo
3. White & Dak

Staubach and Aikman aren’t grouped simply because they won SBs, but also because I always had confidence that either would prevail in a close game.

JustChip

Reaction score
Craig Morton?

Craig "Interception, Touchdown" Morton?

The only Super Bowl starting QB to score a ZERO passer rating, that Craig Morton?

No!

Absolutely not!

1. Roger Staubach
2. Troy Aikman
3. Danny White
4. Don Meredith
5. Tie - Tony Romo & Dak Prescott
Craig Morton was Vinny Testaverde before there was a Vinny Testaverde.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott isn't even the best QB in the state of TX
C.J. Stroud impressed the heck out of me in his rookie season. I will be watching him even closer this season to see whether he can elevate his level of play with more experience or fall into a sophomore slump.

erod

Reaction score
Troy moved around in the pocket and read pre snap blitz as well as any QB in the league. Romo was accurate but not close to Troy. The difference in these 2 QBs is night and day. Romo was a gunslinger and took way too many chances. Troy was a field general and held players around him accountable. Romo was Hollywood and loved Cabo.
Even Troy has admitted this. Romo was brilliant pre-snap,, and Troy was a statue who had the most efficient running game in NFL history.