Would Eagles have won the SB with Foles all season?

GreenMean69

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic, but Foles was awful in that game. You guys played no one and we still almost lost (wish we would have). The media was talking about that Rook of yours to possibly play during the playoffs Foles had been so bad the past two weeks, what was he 18-22 or something, the rook I mean?

And I totally agree, we should have player our backup QB, but our great coach plays to win!?$&@%#€{. :mad:

those few games the weather had more to do with it then anything . The Raiders game was cold and the wind gusts were so bad it was setting off car alarms . Unlike the talking media I live in the City so I actually know that was a factor . You add that and the time needed for Foles to get in synce with offense its pretty easy to explain. But people hate Philly and wanted nothing more to discredit everything they did all year. The other fact in those games was to play smart and not take risks as the team was already missing enough key players. But weather and being smart dont make for good stories :D

Valorius

Reaction score
So now Foles is a better QB than Rodgers?
They've both won 1 superbowl, but Foles has better playoff statistics.

Numbers are numbers.

Rodgers has thrown 4x more playoff TD's than foles (30 vs 8), but he's also thrown 10x more playoff interceptions than Foles (10 vs 1).

Valorius

Reaction score
Why no way?

Foles has already put up an MVP caliber 27 TD 2 INT season. And now he's also put up the 3rd greatest post season run of all time.

He's shown he can both be outstanding in a regular season, and that he can out duel the greatest QB of all time and beat the No1 defense in the playoffs.

If you don't think Foles could do it again, when he's done it already, how do people in Dallas have any faith at all in Dak Prescott?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Why no way?

Foles has already put up an MVP caliber 27 TD 2 INT season. And now he's also put up the 3rd greatest post season run of all time.

He's shown he can both be outstanding in a regular season, and that he can out duel the greatest QB of all time and beat the No1 defense in the playoffs.

If you don't think Foles could do it again, when he's done it already, how do people in Dallas have any faith at all in Dak Prescott?
You're right; "NO WAY" is a bit extreme.

Foles was outstanding in that three game playoff run. Kind of like Flacco a few years ago. The miracle run.
No denying that.
And yes, several years ago he had a great season and caught everyone off guard.
That was it though.

His QB rating in the regular season this year was 79
His QB rating for his career is 87
Again...very Flacco-like
I just feel that Philly would have lost a few more games in the regular season this year with him as full-time QB.
They may have lost home filed and maybe even played a wildcard game....imo.

Philly does have such a solid all-around team, that I would not rule it out going forward....with Foles included.
I just don't think if he was starting QB all games THIS YEAR, it would've happened.

All theory and irrelevant anyway

As for Dak
I'm not sure what I feel about him as a long term QB, other than I'm hoping he plays better this year and improves. He seems like a good dude and I'm pulling for him.

Last edited:

Stryker44

Reaction score
Yes - but they would have gotten in at 10-6 or so. Foles plays chess and knows how to tank and then go to elite QB at the snap of a finger in order to get teams to underestimate him. It was a genius strategy this season and post season.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Why no way?

Foles and Pederson ****ed with people in the Oakland and Dallas games - purposefully.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Did you miss our 6-0 awesome victory at the end of the year or what? Foles looked like the worst QB in the league and the rookie came in and outplayed him by a mile. But Pederson changed everything during the bye with him and the rest is history. Coaching matters folks.

It was strategy to look like crap during Oakland and Dallas and unleash the secret sauce in the playoffs.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why no way?

2,891 yards. You seriously call that MVP numbers?

Sydla

Reaction score
The 27-2 season was also kind of a fluke.

It was the first year of the Chip Kelly experiment and teams simply struggled to figure out how to defend that offense. Once they did, it became more pedestrian. Remember, Foles also was QB for a decent part of the 2014 season under Kelly and was mostly pedestrian because teams figured out the Kelly offense and as such Foles struggled going from 27-2 to 13-10 before getting hurt.

kskboys

Reaction score
The 27-2 season was also kind of a fluke.

It was the first year of the Chip Kelly experiment and teams simply struggled to figure out how to defend that offense. Once they did, it became more pedestrian. Remember, Foles also was QB for a decent part of the 2014 season under Kelly and was mostly pedestrian because teams figured out the Kelly offense and as such Foles struggled going from 27-2 to 13-10 before getting hurt.
Also didn't hurt that the Eagles had the #1 rushing O in the NFL that year.

Always be careful judging a QB w/ a really high rating but a low number of yds and a ton of rushing yds. One year David Garrard had like a 105 rating. Got a huge contract after that, and wonder of all wonders he wasn't very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sydla

Reaction score
Also didn't hurt that the Eagles had the #1 rushing O in the NFL that year.

Always be careful judging a QB w/ a really high rating but a low number of yds and a ton of rushing yds. One year David Garrard had like a 105 rating. Got a huge contract after that, and wonder of all wonders he wasn't very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To put it another way, I would gladly, as a Cowboys fan, love to see them put the next 5-7 years of their franchise in the hands of Nick Foles and not Carson Wentz.

Shoot, if they want to be generous, send Wentz our way.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, they did win the title afterall. I don't think Wentz missing the first two-thirds would have made much difference in the long run.

The records might not have been the same yet the result would have IMO. Philly is/was a complete team in 2017 and I imagine quite a few average to decent QB's could have steered that ship.

Make no mistake though, I am not saying Foles is equal to Wentz, talent wise.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well, they did win the title afterall. I don't think Wentz missing the first two-thirds would have made much difference in the long run.

The records might not have been the same yet the result would have IMO. Philly is/was a complete team in 2017 and I imagine quite a few average to decent QB's could have steered that ship.

Make no mistake though, I am not saying Foles is equal to Wentz, talent wise.

I don’t think they would have made the SB without home field advantage. Their defense was much different away from home.

Valorius

Reaction score
His QB rating in the regular season this year was 79
His QB rating for his career is 87
Again...very Flacco-like

Foles career passer rating for the eagles is 92.7, which is the highest in franchise history.
His rating in 3 games for the chiefs, with 1 start, was 105.7

He looked horrible with the StL rams, but so did Jared Goff who is one of the great young stars of the NFL, and Case Keenum- who just led his team to a 13-3 record and an NFC championship game.

I don't blame any QB for numbers he put up in StL, when the team had a coach named Jeff Fisher who regularly sabotages QB's careers.

Look what he did to Vince Young.

Valorius

Reaction score
Yes - but they would have gotten in at 10-6 or so. Foles plays chess and knows how to tank and then go to elite QB at the snap of a finger in order to get teams to underestimate him. It was a genius strategy this season and post season.
Foles had no training camp, and no reps with the starters all season. It takes a few games to gel with your players and get back up to game speed- which Foles sure as heck did in the playoffs.

Look at the Dallas Cowboys game week 17, the Eagles didn't play anyone, and Dak Prescott still looked bad. Does that mean Dak is a bad QB?

kskboys

Reaction score
Foles had no training camp, and no reps with the starters all season. It takes a few games to gel with your players and get back up to game speed- which Foles sure as heck did in the playoffs.

Look at the Dallas Cowboys game week 17, the Eagles didn't play anyone, and Dak Prescott still looked bad. Does that mean Dak is a bad QB?
Dak? He might be. We don't know yet.