Would most be happy if draft and FA yielded TE, DT and safety?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I know is we need to be active in free agency and very productive in the draft this year.

Needs are: 2-DT, 1 Safety, 1-CB, 1-LB, I-OL, 1-WR, 1-TE looking for 8 new players added between Free Agency and the 2020 NFL Draft. We need to hit on five in the draft and three in free agency.

The player I see to Dallas in several mock drafts is DT Kinlaw from S. Carolina and I don't think I've ever seen him play
Do you remember offhand how many picks we have this year?

817Gill

Reaction score
Most would be happy if we had an elite QB that can strike on stride, play well enough with the game on his shoulders, be mobile if he has to, had better accuracy, etc. Ex: Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Wilson.

Most of our problems would be fixed if we fixed the problem at the QB position.
Dude you have waaaaay too much time on your hands. You’re always the first few commenters on a thread and it’s almost always the same thing. “The sky is falling, Dak doesn’t know right from left, this franchise is terrible.”

When are you gonna be a fan of another team or are you already one?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
This years draft and FA periods yielded a TE,DT and Safety of quality

1. A good TE is pretty important in "Big Mike's" WC offence. (Witten gone?)

2. I think Nolan would love a big belly to eat space in the middle.

3. Heath can't last forever.

:popcorn:

Those are our 3 weakest areas.

garyv

Reaction score
TE ? I actually like Blake Jarwin a lot. When he runs it looks like hes much faster than most TE's after catch

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TE ? I actually like Blake Jarwin a lot. When he runs it looks like hes much faster than most TE's after catch

This new offense will need to add another viable TE not named Witten to go along with Jarwin. I don’t know if Schultz is good enough to play in a WCO.

Oneiros

Reaction score
I think whether or not Jarwin is successful will depend on who we bring in as our TE coach.

Jarwin has shown that he can be productive when the ball comes his way.

However, his main issue is his blocking. If we can somehow improve that aspect of his game then there's no reason why he couldn't be a productive TE for us.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If they are good productive players who aren't in jail all the time, absolutely, and it wouldn't even matter what positions. But position of need..... running wild through glass filled fields, barefoot, while whistling Dixie, in a Celtic Kilt and nothing else, under a Lunar Eclips, well...... that would not be out of the question.

TwelfthStar

Reaction score
For TE I like Trautman from Dayton in Rd 3 or 4. Large bodied DT def needs to be addressed early. Not opposed to trying a trade back with our top pick to get more ammo.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This new offense will need to add another viable TE not named Witten to go along with Jarwin. I don’t know if Schultz is good enough to play in a WCO.

Schultz is a wasted pick. We should not waste a 4th rounder on a TE that can just block.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Like a few others, I don't think we will have enough draft ammo to get all we are gonna need this year. This will be probably one of the more interesting F.A. periods followed by the draft, in recent years - for a couple of reasons.
Will they have money left for F.A. outside our own ?
Will MM pressure the FO to be more invested in the FA period.
What influence will MM and his staff have on draft preference's - i.e. Bigger DT's as opposed to smaller/quicker DT's (My man Da'Ron Payne vs Hill)
We will absolutely need to hit on at least 3 players in this years draft, but I think its more likely to be Corner, Safety and D-line. (As opposed to TE).
Interesting times to say the least !

dallas72

Reaction score
If we can get a SS like Jamal Adams in FA, that will sure take the pressure off the draft. It will be easier to get two great players in the draft, rather than three.
Giving up 2 #1s then having to pay 70mil next year is alot for a SS

Beaker42

Reaction score
Most would be happy if we had an elite QB that can strike on stride, play well enough with the game on his shoulders, be mobile if he has to, had better accuracy, etc. Ex: Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Wilson.

Most of our problems would be fixed if we fixed the problem at the QB position.
Drew Brees

Cowboyny

Reaction score
-With both Bryon/Brown being fa's, Lewis/Awuzie/Woods the following year, major attention is needed for our secondary at both CB/S. I fully expect high draft capital being used as well as free agency.

-Defensive Line as a whole is a major question mark. Do they resign Quinn/Bennett? Do they bring back Collins? Finding a true NT won't be difficult, but finding a good one is another story. Do they spend to land one now or do they develop one via the draft? They are going to have to either resign Quinn or another player who is similar. They have to make a decision on Crawford, figure out what to do at 3 tech?

-Tight End/Big Receiver-team really struggled finishing drives. We could point to many different reasons why, but having a big possession/goal line type of weapon could help this team score more points.

-Linebacker-with the help up in the air with Lve, struggles with Jaylon and the age with Lee, it would be wise to start developing another future starter at the position.