Would Pederson give us a better chance at the SB instead of Garrett?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Sure. He’s won a SB.

Now do I think he’s a great coach? I think we need to see more but to argue that he’s not better than Garrett at this point would be kind of silly.

Yeah, yeah, Pederson lost to Garrett twice last year. I get it.
Oh true,, yet so mentally conflicting.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Careful people, I get the Super Bowl standard thing but remember Barry Switzer also won one but was out the league 5 years later. Not saying who's better coach coz I'm not sure but one Super Bowl doesn't necessarily guy is a great coach. Hell Jimmy Johnson should have walked Canton off those standards........lol

Big_D

Reaction score
LOL teams are in camp, first game is days away and fans still rip on the coach. So far that's what Garrett brings to the table. Year 10. Hope has left the building. Bet you Philly hasn't lost that.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I don't know about a new coach ....... But any real NFL gm would give us a much better chance instead of the drunken bafoon and his idiot son we have pretending to be football guys

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Having an interesting conversation with a few Eagle fans. They think that the best two NFC teams in terms of talent are our Boys and the Eagles. Two of them believe that if Pederson was our HC instead of Garrett that we would be Super Bowl winners. Their reasoning:

1) Pederson has been able to keep a badly injured team competitive due to adjustments made in game--they don't always win (we beat them twice last year) but they rarely get blown out and keep it close.
2) Pederson has shown that he is willing to change the system to fit the players better than Garrett has shown.
3) Pederson simply makes better in game adjustments. He puts his players in a better position to win.
4) Dallas might have the best personnel on paper. They should have more playoff success than they do. That points to coaching.

Both the past two years, the Eagles have been hit hard with injuries--I think only the Commanders have been hit harder on the injury front. During the Super Bowl year, Pederson looked at old game footage of Foles under Kelly when he had that 27/2 year. Pederson took what worked under Kelly and incorporated it into his offense for Foles. Result: Super Bowl victory.

So, would Pederson have a better chance to lead us back to Lombardi heaven over Garrett?

This is nonsense pure and simple. While you're at it why not ask if Landry or Lombardi could be resurrected if they would have a better shot at a Super Bowl win. First, your statement that the eagles don't always win but rarely get blown out. That pretty much sums up what the Cowboys do. Last season the eagles had 2 blow losses and so did the Cowboys. As you already admitted the Cowboys beat the eagles twice last season so where was Pederson's in game adjustments in those 2 games. I guess Pederson's in game adjustments weren't real good last season with seven regular season losses or maybe Garrett's in game adjustments are as good or a little better since the Cowboys only had 6 regular season losses..

Reaction score
This is nonsense pure and simple. While you're at it why not ask if Landry or Lombardi could be resurrected if they would have a better shot at a Super Bowl win. First, your statement that the eagles don't always win but rarely get blown out. That pretty much sums up what the Cowboys do. Last season the eagles had 2 blow losses and so did the Cowboys. As you already admitted the Cowboys beat the eagles twice last season so where was Pederson's in game adjustments in those 2 games. I guess Pederson's in game adjustments weren't real good last season with seven regular season losses or maybe Garrett's in game adjustments are as good or a little better since the Cowboys only had 6 regular season losses..
If Garrett was coaching the Eagles in 2017 do you seriously think the Eagles win the Super Bowl? Would Garrett have the balls to call that Philly Philly play? Would Garrett survive the loss of two starting linemen, a running back who was used a lot, a starting QB, the best ST player, and two starters on defense...and even win a playoff game?

Altestic

Reaction score
Except it’s not even close to the same.

It really shouldn’t be possible to be a fan of both the Eagles and the Cowboys.
My mom is in San Antonio and my dad and dad's side are in Philly... I was conceived in Philly and grew up in San Antonio... there you go.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Garrett hasn't lost the locker room they believe in him they believe in his system. So I don't know where that came from first of all. Until he loses the locker room I will support him you take the youngest starting team in the league to the second round of the playoffs. That alone should tell you the future

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Garrett was coaching the Eagles in 2017 do you seriously think the Eagles win the Super Bowl? Would Garrett have the balls to call that Philly Philly play? Would Garrett survive the loss of two starting linemen, a running back who was used a lot, a starting QB, the best ST player, and two starters on defense...and even win a playoff game?
It takes more than just coaching you have to realize who runs this team

Big_D

Reaction score

LOL Philly would get the 'not enough talent' excuse. That's exactly what would've happened. The funny thing is Garrett has never accomplished a dam thing, yet is 'just as good' as coaches who have. The mindset of some Cowboy fans is truly a mystery.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Peterson won a Super Bowl over Tom Brady and Bill Belicheat!! Enough said!! Of course Peterson would give us a better chance to win a Super Bowl then Garrett. This team wins inspite of Garrett! We, as usual, have top 5 talent, with average to below average coaching.
yep that says it all.:thumbup:

Section446

Reaction score
Some of the posters on this board would give us a better chance at winning a Super Bowl than Garrett.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He’s a Super Bowl winning coach and just took an injury riddled team last year to the divisional round that they almost won.

Yes, yes he would give us a much better chance.

Sydla

Reaction score
Garrett hasn't lost the locker room they believe in him they believe in his system. So I don't know where that came from first of all. Until he loses the locker room I will support him you take the youngest starting team in the league to the second round of the playoffs. That alone should tell you the future

LOL.

So the previous 7.5 years told us nothing but it was that 8th season that told us the future is gonna be great!

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL.

So the previous 7.5 years told us nothing but it was that 8th season that told us the future is gonna be great!
Again I don't care about the past said. Isn't it about getting better.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL.

Absolutely correct. Do you care if the old truck broke down after you fixed it

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Takes more than a great coach. Your head coach has to be in sync with how the entire front office runs. This is what holds garrett and the next coach back. Its what held belechick back when he was with the browns. Jerry gives out reckless contracts, stephen is super cheap, and the HC has 0 authority over his own staff and players. Most of these other established coaches would hate the jones's interference.

Sydla

Reaction score
Again I don't care about the past said. Isn't it about getting better.

It's a convenient way to try to convince yourself that the mediocre coach you have is actually better than he really is.

The past is instructive when it comes to predicting the future, especially in coaching. As has been shown many times before, if Jason Garrett went on to win a SB from this point on, he'd be a real rarity in the NFL when you stack him up against the other SB winning HCs.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Except it’s not even close to the same.

It really shouldn’t be possible to be a fan of both the Eagles and the Cowboys.

Thank you Philly guy!

It isn’t possible... not unless one is an extremely casual fan that has little or no allegiance to any one team.

I can’t even imagine it. “Well, I would like Dallas to win it all, but if they don’t, I hope Philly takes the crown.”

Yeah, nope. I’d just about sever a limb before I’d want to see The Giants, Eagles or Commanders win a title.

I don’t care where I was born, if I’m a Dallas fan, I never, ever, ever want Philly to win... and if I were an Eagles fan, I never want to see the Cowboys win.

That’s just the way it is. It’s like Physics. There are certain laws that can’t be broken. Light can’t escape a black hole. E=mc^2. Dallas fans can’t pull for Philly.