Would the Cowboys be in the Super Bowl if they had just signed Brady?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
48 hours removed from the NFCCG...what we should take away from it that an NFL team can get turned around in an off-season. Even with Todd Bowles as DC in 2019, the Bucs opponents scored 449 points - 29th in the league (although I could not find out how many were by offense miscues - pick-sixes, scoop-and-score fumbles, etc.) Tampa's D improved from 29th to 8th in points allowed, 15th to 6th in yards allowed. Gotta hand it to Brady, though...he did his homework.
Felt the personnel, structure, and environment was in place, despite that franchise being in a 12- year playoff drought and only 9 losing seasons in that span.

For a team to go 7-9 with 30 ints thrown by your quarterback, it has to be pretty good, imho. One of the early games last year that TB lost by 14 pts, Winston had TWO pick-6s. There's your 14 pt difference right there. Lost 3 games by 4 pts or less and 2 more by 6 pts. Even winning the 4 pts or less games gets them to 10-6 which is only 1 win less than Brady had this year.

In other words, it didn't necessarily take great quarterback play to get to 11-5. Brady didn't have to play lights out to bring this team up, just basically not play stupidly...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
When Brady walks through the door standards rise and the culture becomes about winning a championship.

Which is why he'd never sign on with the Cowboys.

No player, not even Tom Brady, is changing the culture in Dallas. Players know if they're in good with Uncle Jerry then it doesn't matter what the coach (or QB) thinks.

Steve007

Reaction score
I thought Brady could have gotten us over the top....would have kept our horrendous defense off the field.

Made players accountable....like Zeke....who mailed in 15 of 16 games.

Comments? :popcorn:
The problem is the front office. Brady cant overcome Jerry

Motorola

Reaction score
For a team to go 7-9 with 30 ints thrown by your quarterback, it has to be pretty good, imho. One of the early games last year that TB lost by 14 pts, Winston had TWO pick-6s. There's your 14 pt difference right there. Lost 3 games by 4 pts or less and 2 more by 6 pts. Even winning the 4 pts or less games gets them to 10-6 which is only 1 win less than Brady had this year.

In other words, it didn't necessarily take great quarterback play to get to 11-5. Brady didn't have to play lights out to bring this team up, just basically not play stupidly...
Met up with a longtime friend, who's a Falcon fan, at Hooters to watch the 2019 season finale between Atlanta and Tampa Bay. Tied 22-22 end of regulation. First play of OT Jameis Winston throws a pick-six for the loss. I turned to my buddy and said, "We've just watched the last game Winston will play in a Buccaneers uniform."

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Brady didn’t play his best in 2nd half but he had a pretty damn good first half to an 11 point half time lead

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Listen my friend Brady or not this team will never win a SB as long as JJ and his son visibly run the show.
True story, but nobody wants to hear it because they know that the Cowboys are firmly gripped by the Jones family,, we are past decades, we are talking generational here.
Maybe some of the really young fans have a chance to enjoy something similar to the early 90's that us old dogs had had the privelage of being a part of,, I hope so.
Maybe Jerry Jones Grandson has a clue, maybe one apple does roll away from the tree, because Stephen hasn't hasnt proven more than a bad jacket and a Daddies Boy.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought Brady could have gotten us over the top....would have kept our horrendous defense off the field.

I think that's a crazy thought.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Doesn't matter.

Jerry wouldn't have anyone here, player or coach, that would threaten it being all about him.

Brady would definitely do that....and if he ever won, would steal all of Jerry's "credit."

exciter

Reaction score

Lol! With the way the defense was performing and the state of the OL Brady would have been confined to a wheelchair for life after about week 4!

SSoup

Reaction score
Stupid question.

Brady would've been injured or playing terribly behind our injury-plagued o-line. Tampa only let him get sacked 21 times in 2020. Andy Dalton alone took more sacks despite starting half as many games.

And that's before you factor in that Tampa's defense was much better.

Put Brady on our team playing backups on the o-line and giving up 125 more points on defense? He doesn't even finish .500 this year. Probably doesn't even finish the year if we're being honest. He just goes down in October or November and doesn't get back up, calls it a season.

Alweezy

Reaction score
You don’t sign TB for just what he does on the field, you pick him up for what he does mon - fri.

The culture would have changed. People want to play with winners so who knows who would have been packaged with him.

it’s a good question.