Would the Cowboys be in the Super Bowl if they had just signed Brady?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He like the rest of you are unfortunately still under the belief that sports are actual competition but the meat of this video is still pretty spot on

:muttley:

I never cease to be amazed how people think they're smarter than everyone else when they convince themselves that a conspiracy can be driven by one person, and no one else will ever blow the whistle. Something the magnitude of rigging a Super Bowl would involve a lot of people. To think it could be kept under wraps is truly naive.

"I don't like the outcome" or "the refs blew some calls" = RIGGED! :rolleyes:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yep Dallas wins it all with Brady but
I guess well never know! I will say Brady showed exactly what it is to elevate a team. They never had much of a running game before Brady and the defense played pretty inspired ball knowing they had a QB that could get the job done.

Delusional. The Bucs defense was already good. The offense was good as well. The difference is they didn't have a QB throwing 30 picks this season.

If you think the Cowboys defense would've come anywhere close to stopping Mahomes then you have no idea what you're watching on Sundays.

Qcard

Reaction score
I thought Brady could have gotten us over the top....would have kept our horrendous defense off the field.

Made players accountable....like Zeke....who mailed in 15 of 16 games.

Comments? :popcorn:
Yes Yes....Brady has consistently carried horrific Defenses to 10 Superbowls...

Defense guru and GOAT Coach had nothing to do with Brady's ability to carry a team.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Delusional. The Bucs defense was already good. The offense was good as well. The difference is they didn't have a QB throwing 30 picks this season.

If you think the Cowboys defense would've come anywhere close to stopping Mahomes then you have no idea what you're watching on Sundays.

Ahh but Brady “inspired” them

if we just draft a rookie QB. Our defenders will be “inspired” to play better and they will go from worst in the league to top 10.

dmaschuck

Reaction score
:muttley:

I never cease to be amazed how people think they're smarter than everyone else when they convince themselves that a conspiracy can be driven by one person, and no one else will ever blow the whistle. Something the magnitude of rigging a Super Bowl would involve a lot of people. To think it could be kept under wraps is truly naive.

"I don't like the outcome" or "the refs blew some calls" = RIGGED! :rolleyes:

Ya'll believe an average qb talent has been to 10 and won 7 super bowls legitimately and like I said in previous posts they are well compensated employees they will do what they are told. With the kind of money they make and the lifestyle it affords it's an acceptable tradeoff.

Oh and Brady goes to Tampa and all three major Tampa sports teams make the championship round, what are the chances of that. If I was them I would have booked all three to win not just two, I mean all three bringing home the trophies would have made a better story.

Cmac

Reaction score
Yes Yes....Brady has consistently carried horrific Defenses to 10 Superbowls...

Defense guru and GOAT Coach had nothing to do with Brady's ability to carry a team.
Huh???...."Greatest show on Turf" and McVay's High Scoring Rams ring a bell?

Flamma

Reaction score
It is about the cap. I think Dak is a good quarterback and a good guy. He isn't elite and you don't pay a good quarterback elite money. You eat up too much of the cap percentage. Tom Brady did not leave New England because of money. The Bucs gave him 2 years at 25 million a year. Brady never tried to be the top paid quarterback in the league he wanted to win. Dak wants to be one of the top paid players. Would you buy a chevy for the price of a Rolls Royce?

This seems to be the common theme, and one I agree with. I've even used the car example. But Jerry has a hard time building a decent team regardless of what he pays the quarterback. On the bright side, if the new TV deals causes the cap to spike, might want to sign Dak now. I just don't know if it will spike enough.

Ever since the new system with contracts from 2011 and forward, if you don't have an elite QB your QB needs to be closer to 10% of the cap than 20% if you want to get to a SB. The Rams, 49ers, and Eagles all did it. You don't need a great QB to get to the super bowl. But you do need a great team around him.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The only way to stop Tom Brady from getting another ring
Et4WTZ7XYAQ0fdG

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
only took me reading down the post 2 for the answer...Brady did enough to not screw things up for the team, their D takes credit for the ring.

kskboys

Reaction score
Huh???...."Greatest show on Turf" and McVay's High Scoring Rams ring a bell?
4th ranked D in the NFL, and a ball control O as evidenced by Faulk catching 87 passes and rushing for 1,300+ yds.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I can't believe people are still posting to this nonsense when the watched the 2020 Dallas Cowboys with the worst defensive coordinator and defense in the history of the Dallas Cowboys that started out as an expansion team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Ya'll believe an average qb talent has been to 10 and won 7 super bowls legitimately and like I said in previous posts they are well compensated employees they will do what they are told. With the kind of money they make and the lifestyle it affords it's an acceptable tradeoff.

Oh and Brady goes to Tampa and all three major Tampa sports teams make the championship round, what are the chances of that. If I was them I would have booked all three to win not just two, I mean all three bringing home the trophies would have made a better story.

You've provided zero evidence to support your bold claims.

To think millionaire athletes, officials, high-placed NFL employees, and everyone else involved would go along with your crackpot theory - and no one ever blows the whistle - is comical. Do you have any idea how much money, prestige, and exposure the person who blew the whistle on this scheme would get? It would be astronomical. They would be legendary.

But hey, three Tampa teams reached the championship round in one year - CONSPIRACY! :muttley:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I can't believe people are still posting to this nonsense when the watched the 2020 Dallas Cowboys with the worst defensive coordinator and defense in the history of the Dallas Cowboys that started out as an expansion team.

Some fantasies die hard. It's easier than accepting the Cowboys are a poorly-run organization with a lot of holes.

It's much easier to believe the right QB can make all of those things go away.

kevm3

Reaction score
We'd be talking about how Brady fell off. Brady's not coming here and putting up 45 points a game every game. He doesn't play defense. He's not fixing the worst defense in cowboys history

dmaschuck

Reaction score
You've provided zero evidence to support your bold claims.

To think millionaire athletes, officials, high-placed NFL employees, and everyone else involved would go along with your crackpot theory - and no one ever blows the whistle - is comical. Do you have any idea how much money, prestige, and exposure the person who blew the whistle on this scheme would get? It would be astronomical. They would be legendary.

But hey, three Tampa teams reached the championship round in one year - CONSPIRACY! :muttley:

As long as people get their bread and circuses no one cares about the legitimacy of sports.