Would the Cowboys be in the Super Bowl if they had just signed Brady?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Sometimes, Facebook gets it right. Thanks, Jerry. :rolleyes:

146743473_10164864146495080_8102905503542933460_o.jpg

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Fortunately, Roger didn't have to work under the clueless Jones regime. He was also drafted by the Cowboys prior to free agency being an option.

Brady had a choice. He was never going to choose Dallas. He's been around long enough to know a dead-end gig when he sees one.

fansince68

Reaction score
I thought Brady could have gotten us over the top....would have kept our horrendous defense off the field.

Made players accountable....like Zeke....who mailed in 15 of 16 games.

Comments? :popcorn:
I think this culture would have turned Brady into Drew Bledsoe 2.0.

quickccc

Reaction score
Listen.....Highest paid in the league. Those quarterback where not the highest paid when they won the Superbowl

those respective big league QBs were gonna be re-signed to record setting lucrative contract. ..don't see how that's relevant

Steve007

Reaction score
those respective big league QBs were gonna be re-signed to record setting lucrative contract. ..don't see how that's relevant
The point is...the data shows if you pay a quarterback that huge contract its a lot harder to win a Superbowl

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, Brady to Dallas was never an option

he was looking at two places: Chargers or Bucs

In the make believe world he did go to Dallas
11-5 and a loss in the 2nd or 3rd round of playoffs, if he stayed healthy

J-man

Reaction score
no, but Brady's career would have ended after he got slaughtered playing behind our swill cheese make shift O-line

quickccc

Reaction score
The point is...the data shows if you pay a quarterback that huge contract its a lot harder to win a Super bowl

maybe for a team that has issues handling the cap as it is in the first place .
But its not just a piece of cake building an upcoming team coming up with a top notch management team, finding and assembling top notch coaching staff and acquiring the talent pool.

dmaschuck

Reaction score
He like the rest of you are unfortunately still under the belief that sports are actual competition but the meat of this video is still pretty spot on

Hadenough

Reaction score
I thought Brady could have gotten us over the top....would have kept our horrendous defense off the field.

Yep Dallas wins it all with Brady but
I guess well never know! I will say Brady showed exactly what it is to elevate a team. They never had much of a running game before Brady and the defense played pretty inspired ball knowing they had a QB that could get the job done.

Trueboysfan

Reaction score

I don't think any one or even two players will help this organization at all no matter who they are. Also as good a coach I believe MM is, I don't think he's the kind of guy we need here. To me its the culture identity of this team. No accountability and no one in this team even seems to care.

I think most of this falls on coaching and ownership. They have allowed a toxic culture and you aren't gonna win jack crap...it doesn't matter how much talent you have when that environment has become what it has. Until they fix that, there is no QB or defensive player they can bring in that's gonna change it.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score

Emphatic NO!!!! We don't have anything that resemble the Bucs defense nor did we have the DCoord to actually orchestrate a great game plan.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

I wonder if people here will ever stop creating Dave Dameshek N "IF" L like threads. To answer your question, Brady wouldn't have made any difference. The Cowboys ended up with ZERO starters on the offensive line and no team was won the Super Bowl with a defense not in the top 10. The Cowboys with Brady and having the 32nd defense wouldn't make any difference.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yep Dallas wins it all with Brady but
I guess well never know! I will say Brady showed exactly what it is to elevate a team. They never had much of a running game before Brady and the defense played pretty inspired ball knowing they had a QB that could get the job done.
They didn't have much of a run game with Tom Brady either.

Hadenough

Reaction score
They didn't have much of a run game with Tom Brady either.
Ronald Jones avg 5.1 yards a carry and got almost 1000 yds. The year before he had 724 yards and 4.2 yds per carry. Id say he improved because Brady was a threat.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Ronald Jones avg 5.1 yards a carry and got almost 1000 yds. The year before he had 724 yards and 4.2 yds per carry. Id say he improved because Brady was a threat.
They were 28th in the league in rushing.

Fmart322

Reaction score
They wouldn't have went to the playoffs, let alone the super bowl, if they signed Tom Brady.
The Cowboys defense was terrible if you remember.
The Cowboys defense hasn't been good since the 90s, also the last time they've won a super bowl.
Just look how good the defensive units were of all the playoff teams.
The Cowboys always go offense, and yeah, their offensive units are usually pretty good compared to the NFL averages. It's defense that win championships, it always has been.
Until we have a top 10 unit, a real top 10 unit, were always going to be an average team who struggles to win 9-10 games and just misses the playoffs, the NFC championship game and most certainly the super bowl.