Would the Cowboys be in the Super Bowl if they had just signed Brady?

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
People are talking like Tampa was a team on the verge of the Super Bowl before Brady got there. They were 7-9 last year. They were 5-11 the two years before that. They had one winning season in the last decade. And it was 9-7. But everyone here is talking about defense and trenches, etc.

The Bucs D went from 27th to 6th ranked defense in the last three years because of Todd Bowles. Yes Brady made the QB position that much better also, but he didn’t get them there all by himself. Maybe Dak put on Tampa’s team would have also gotten them to the SB also, but I definitely know that Brady wouldn’t have taken the Cowboys to the SB this year.

Cmac

Reaction score
I thought Brady could have gotten us over the top....would have kept our horrendous defense off the field.

Made players accountable....like Zeke....who mailed in 15 of 16 games.

Comments? :popcorn:
…..and our OC.....probably would have audibled out of half his plays called.

KB1122

Reaction score
Man most of those picks came in the 4th quarter of games or at crucial times lol. And that does not prove the point. Unless the point is Dak is as bad as Jameis but it usually takes Dak 3 years to throw 30 picks....

Yeah, but if you go by yards per attempt as the ultimate measure of a quarterback, Jameis was 5th in the league.

Winston plays the game the way it used to be played pre-Parcells. I'm not sure he's a good pre-Parcells quarterback. But the 30 INTs isn't quite the problem that it appears to be, in an age where offensive coordinators smother the game.

But I'm the guy who says things like, "Why don't we punt the ball on a line drive for 80 yards? Sure they might return some. But we'd get 30 extra yards on the ones they don't."

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No I don't think he would because his play would not change the play of the defense. If you did not notice TB defense did an outstanding job without their play they don't win. Brady was and is a great QB but he has no control over how the defense performs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, but if you go by yards per attempt as the ultimate measure of a quarterback, Jameis was 5th in the league.

Winston plays the game the way it used to be played pre-Parcells. I'm not sure he's a good pre-Parcells quarterback. But the 30 INTs isn't quite the problem that it appears to be, in an age where offensive coordinators smother the game.

But I'm the guy who says things like, "Why don't we punt the ball on a line drive for 80 yards? Sure they might return some. But we'd get 30 extra yards on the ones they don't."
It doesn’t appear to be a problem? Teams don’t throw 30 interceptions in a season and make the playoffs. There is no way to justify 30 picks will not hurt your team lol....

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Yes, with Brady we’d be in the SB because we have a SB team and we’re only missing a QB.

Are you completely delusional?!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No. We still lack an nfl quality defense. We're more like a rhode island middle school jv defense.

John813

Reaction score
Nope.

Not even close.

Brady has a competent, sound defense to help him out . Ours wears a helmet on the short bus for comparison.

KB1122

Reaction score
It doesn’t appear to be a problem? Teams don’t throw 30 interceptions in a season and make the playoffs. There is no way to justify 30 picks will not hurt your team lol....

I would say if a quarterback threw 43 touchdowns and 26 interceptions with 5,000+ yards and it wasn't all garbage time, he probably would have had a pretty good season. Maybe an outstanding one. Winston didn't quite do that. But he wasn't that far off of it, either.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You haven't been following along, there are defending his INTs blaming it all on the WR.
What? just yesterday? Yeah..may have missed it.

Since you mentioned it....Shouldn't Evans have caught 1 or 2 of them? They "hit his hands". Around here people call that "catchable".

It's really hard keeping up with people's agenda madness.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol. Good.
Streetwise informed me I may have missed recent activity. I thought you were talking about at least all season long.

I thought Evans got a little bit lazy but we were begging Brady to stop throwing interceptions. He certainly had a couple bad throws...and the defense is what won the game. We'd'a been toast.