Would the Cowboys bench Dak?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what chances would you give this right now? seriously asking
Lance has the physical skills to make Dak look expendable.
I'd say right now I'd give it 60% but we'll see how it plays out. There's a reason Dak hasn't been extended.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'd say right now I'd give it 60% but we'll see how it plays out. There's a reason Dak hasn't been extended.
your not worried at all that the HC that made Brock Purdy look viable traded this QB away after moving up to get him in the 1st round? 60% what kinda odds would you give me on that action? this GM let Dak play on 2 tags THEN sign him to a mega deal after he broke his leg...i hope your not betting on Jerry logic...at the end of the day Trey Lance being awsome is the BEST scenario for this team..I'm not as sold on it as you are though.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
your not worried at all that the HC that made Brock Purdy look viable traded this QB away after moving up to get him in the 1st round? 60% what kinda odds would you give me on that action? this GM let Dak play on 2 tags THEN sign him to a mega deal after he broke his leg...i hope your not betting on Jerry logic...at the end of the day Trey Lance being awsome is the BEST scenario for this team..I'm not as sold on it as you are though.
Same reason we stuck with dak in 2016.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know one thing, the Shanahans are egotistical pri**ks who would dump a player for many reasons. I'm not sold on Lance either, but somebody is?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I know one thing, the Shanahans are egotistical pri**ks who would dump a player for many reasons. I'm not sold on Lance either, but somebody is?
maybe but do you trust that someone at this point? again I'm for change, im also very clear on who is responsible for this change and i start looking for the TUMS....

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
maybe but do you trust that someone at this point? again I'm for change, im also very clear on who is responsible for this change and i start looking for the TUMS....
The only conclusion I can draw at this is SOMEBODY watched Dak in TC and got in Jerry's ear, maybe Schottenheimer IDK.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
What’s the reason Lance hasn’t been extended? As of now Prescott, Rush, and Lance become free agents on the same day next March.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Lance is a unknown
He's got to be tested.
How is he going to be tested in just preseason games against scrubs and vanilla D?

Only way to truly see if a guy is going to be a legit player is to go against real competition in regular season games. That is never going to happen here unless Dak gets hurt.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is he going to be tested in just preseason games against scrubs and vanilla D?

Only way to truly see if a guy is going to be a legit player is to go against real competition in regular season games. That is never going to happen here unless Dak gets
pre season is the next step from TC , its full speed, pressure of actually getting hit, and reading defenses you haven't seen . If you pass that then comes the real thing. The Cowboys have realized Dak has a ceiling and I truly believe there will be competition starting in OTAs.
If it doesn't work out we'll be position to draft a QB in 2025.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'd bench him at the end of the season after they are out of the playoffs. This will kill his confidence and will ruin him for the next team. :p

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I'd bench him at the end of the season after they are out of the playoffs. This will kill his confidence and will ruin him for the next team. :p
It might “kill his confidence” if he was playing middle school football. He’s the highest paid player on the Cowboys and will be on the next team he plays for. Being benched by the head coach who subsequently got fired is not going to “ruin” Dak Prescott. What an absurd suggestion.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Jerry would be too scared to do that. He would likely twist it around and probably offer a bonus.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It might “kill his confidence” if he was playing middle school football. He’s the highest paid player on the Cowboys and will be on the next team he plays for. Being benched by the head coach who subsequently got fired is not going to “ruin” Dak Prescott. What an absurd suggestion.
a guy who chokes on the big stage against quality competition doesn't have good confidence to begin with. shrugs.