Would the Patriots have given Dak the deal he wants?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Great story actually:

Yes, that’s right, I’m talking about the same guy who is a former NFL MVP quarterback and holds numerous records as one of the greatest playoff performers in NFL history.

Warner worked the $5.50 per hour job back in 1994 after being cut as the Green Bay Packers’ fourth-string quarterback. It looked hopeless for the struggling signal-caller, and it seemed impossible that he would one day lead “The Greatest Show on Turf.”

But it didn’t end in that grocery store in Iowa. Instead, Warner kept working to achieve his ultimate goal of being a starting NFL quarterback.

There were two things Warner never gave up on: his faith and his skills.

Warner moved on to play in the Arena Football League, where he began to flourish and then stepped up to more talented competition in NFL Europe.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ecker-to-nfl-mvp-story-a-tale-of-perseverance

kskboys

Reaction score
Great story actually:

Yes, that’s right, I’m talking about the same guy who is a former NFL MVP quarterback and holds numerous records as one of the greatest playoff performers in NFL history.

Warner worked the $5.50 per hour job back in 1994 after being cut as the Green Bay Packers’ fourth-string quarterback. It looked hopeless for the struggling signal-caller, and it seemed impossible that he would one day lead “The Greatest Show on Turf.”

But it didn’t end in that grocery store in Iowa. Instead, Warner kept working to achieve his ultimate goal of being a starting NFL quarterback.

There were two things Warner never gave up on: his faith and his skills.

Warner moved on to play in the Arena Football League, where he began to flourish and then stepped up to more talented competition in NFL Europe.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ecker-to-nfl-mvp-story-a-tale-of-perseverance
Yup. I know all that.

However, the fact remains. Warner was a complete stud for 3 of the 4 years when he started playing. Two super bowl appearances w/ a win. I don't think Dak's first 4 years come close to Warner's.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yup. I know all that.

However, the fact remains. Warner was a complete stud for 3 of the 4 years when he started playing. Two super bowl appearances w/ a win. I don't think Dak's first 4 years come close to Warner's.

Its wasn't about 4 years. Its was about the first 4 years.

Warner is a perfect example of how coaching, situation, and players around the QB make a huge difference. I huge group of fans that don't understand that concept. They still think its mostly the QB that makes the other players around him better.

kskboys

Reaction score
Its wasn't about 4 years. Its was about the first 4 years.

Warner is a perfect example of how coaching, situation, and players around the QB make a huge difference. I huge group of fans that don't understand that concept. They still think its mostly the QB that makes the other players around him better.
Those were his first 4 years.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
No.

They wouldn't have.

Brady always played on a team friendly deal and he's won 17 Superbowls.

Oh, and yes, I'm aware we are not the Patriots and not anything close to them.

Maybe this is the step towards the Patriot way. Still have a long ways to go, but at least it's a step.

Yeah, we aren't the Pats. Any player who wants to win is gonna give a discount to play with the Pats. One of the few teams meriting a higher discount than the Cowboys.

phildadon86

Reaction score

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Why do you think Jerry franchise Dak? If Jerry Dumbo GM Jones was not afraid of the alternative of Bill the Builder getting a playoff experience, 3 time Pro Bowler, and team leader like Dak, Jerry would have let Dak go to the fake news America's Team and not used the franchise tag. Bill would have had Prescott, Newton, and Stidham with the loser traded for a first round pick in 2021.

Jerry Dumbo GM Jones just messed up the opportunity to sign him long term after the 2018 season.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The thread was intended to prove that Dallas handled the situation like the Patriots organization would have. And in no case should Dallas had broken the bank for a QB that hasn't come close to a Superbowl appearance.
You talking about Romo? They did give him a huge deal and he didn't even sniff a superbowl appearance

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No.

They wouldn't have.

Maybe this is the step towards the Patriot way. Still have a long ways to go, but at least it's a step.
the patriots have the coaching GOAT. they can take some risks.....

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yup. I know all that.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Only 1 GM would give Dak 30 million and its the one whose team hasn't been to an NFL Championship game the last 25 years!!:omg:

Prove this.

There is an argument to be made you cannot prove a negative, which is what your comment is. I don't know that to be true or not. But surely this should be so easy for a convicted guy like yourself in this Dak debate to PROVE no one would pay him 30 million.

And don't let that little bug-a-boo of the trampering rule to get in your way because another GM has never stated publicly they would pony up that kind of money.

Tick tock in this case is not a sketchy Chinese application that pirates your personal information.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
No.

They wouldn't have.

You're correct. The Patriots are an organization that would be fully capable of winning the Super Bowl with Dak IF that got him at a price that didn't cap-hamstring them. In other words, not at the price Dak wanted. I strongly suspect we'll see another Patriots Lombardi in the near future with a quarterback not named Brady, or at least come very close. They'll do that by doing what they've done in the past: Be smart with the cap and don't overpay for anyone.