Would Tony Romo make a great offensive coordinator?

starfan1

Reaction score
Of course because he’s a God!! In fact I think k he could solve world hunger

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I can't see it happening. Only an idiot would leave 17M a year to go for a 365 day a year job that pays less than a third of that.

Last edited:

terra

Reaction score
I think he would be a great OC. But there is no way he takes THAT big a pay cut; and no way he wants to work the kind of hours coaches do.

And to be blunt I think the way he left the cowboys left a bad taste in his mouth for Jerry and company.

Motorola

Reaction score
He would never come out of that booth with all that money he is making. But I would be very confident he would make a great OC.
Jim Nantz was questioned about Romo losing his passion for calling games this week. I can see him coming as a Coordinator and I'd be all for it.
I don't see Romo having the mindset to put in the long hours for that position...but if you would have asked me a dozen years ago that Deion Sanders be interested in coaching - I would have said no way.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Yeah, he would be a coach in Dallas if he hadn't gotten that big television deal. That's my opinion, but no doubt he'd be a great coach.

I think Romo is smarter than that. He would definitely would want to exploit defenses where he can and he's smart enough to find them.

Romo is definitely smarter than that.

You just have to be smart yourself to realize it.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Yah, just a hypothetical question. Obviously he wouldn't coach. He'd be a moron to do that. Definitely one of the best jobs in the world. Hugh Hefner had the best job in the world at one time. :laugh:

exciter

Reaction score
He would never come out of that booth with all that money he is making. But I would be very confident he would make a great OC.
Lol, Romo is making about twice what a high end head coach makes and gets to be home every night with his wife and children. At this point the question is irrelevant, unless you like just like digging up dead horses 3 years after the fact!