Would Tony Romo make a great offensive coordinator?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would take Tony Romo with zero coaching experience right now over however many years of coaching are listed on Kellen Moore's resume. And wouldn't even blink if it happened.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
He went on for 10 mins that Diggs pick wasn’t a pick . Diggs cradled it had possession .

And?

Gene Steratore agreed with him.

I didn't. Does that define his entire career? Do you think no other color guy would do that. Most would've jawed about it too I'd wager because he's trying to fill air.

Moreover his main issue was it wasn't seemingly reviewed, which is against protocol.

I wanted him to shut up too. Doesn't mean he hasn't had good moments.

starfan1

Reaction score
I love that the Cowboys won today. You accuse me of being a whiner yet your the one using masked profanity

and as far as “bringing up Romo”…..I figure that you must be the OP since your the only one whining about my comment……talk about whining, lol
Forget it man you miss point. It’s a Romo thread bringing up Romo is appropriate yet you couldn’t help yourself but interject Dak lol which is typical you

DFWJC

Reaction score
He would never come out of that booth with all that money he is making. But I would be very confident he would make a great OC.
I'm sure he would, but there's no way he'd take that huge of a step down.
10x more work for 1/10 or less the pay?

RonWashington

Reaction score
And?

I didn't. Does that define his entire career? Do you think no other color guy would do that. Most would've jawed about it too I'd wager because he's trying to fill air.

Moreover his main issue was it wasn't seemingly reviewed, which is against protocol.

No but he has a tendency to beat a dead horse . If the NFL which has replay access angles alibis on all turnovers didn’t send it to the booth let it go . But to talk about it three plays later as if the Lions could have would have should have . Either way the Lions were toast . To me Aikman is the best with Greg Olsen second .

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
No but he has a tendency to beat a dead horse . If the NFL which has replay access angles alibis on all turnovers didn’t send it to the booth let it go . But to talk about it three plays later as if the Lions could have would have should have . Either way the Lions were toast .

That's fair. I just don't think it's unique to him.

It's all subjective if you like a commentator or not. Heck, my Dad hated Madden with a passion, never saw it myself.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And?

Aikman says much worse than that at times. But like you said, it doesn't mean he hasn't had good moments.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's fair. I just don't think it's unique to him.

It's all subjective if you like a commentator or not. Heck, my Dad hated Madden with a passion, never saw it myself.
I liked Madden, but I could definitely see where some wouldn't...especially if their team ever lost a big game to the Raiders.

hutch1254

Reaction score
He would never come out of that booth with all that money he is making. But I would be very confident he would make a great OC.

I had this weird thought today that if he did become an OC some DC on another team would watch multiple broadcasts of Tony calling plays in games to get an edge on him and find Tony's play calling rhythm.