Would you be in favor of trading 4th round pick for DT?

Billyd

Reaction score
I always wonder why nobody puts it to Stephen this way..Its like very few interveIwers have the guts.

T-RO

Reaction score
Power has been out here so I haven’t been active in the thread I started.

Talkin’ Cowboys argued in favor of trading for a DT today.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I always wonder why nobody puts it to Stephen this way..Its like very few interveIwers have the guts.
I agree, was wondering why no-one brings it up during any of Garrett or Stephen's press meetings.
Hey, your 2 starting DTs are out. Your very thin at the 1-tech position. What's the plan ? Why are you converting a promising 3-tech to a 1-tech.
Why are you guys so adverse to using resources on a talented DT. Does not talent equate to better protection for your Stud LBer ???
And so on and so on.
No-one ever does !

Billyd

Reaction score
Power has been out here so I haven’t been active in the thread I started.

Talkin’ Cowboys argued in favor of trading for a DT today.

Yes, but until SJ Believes his ----is hanging out..Not going to happen..

Sydla

Reaction score
Once again Marinelli is not the one that keeps bringing in these types..Its stephen. HE owned it this draft..Marinelli is good about getting the best out of them, But Stephen is the problem coz thinks its not a good investment..What about Lee, Is he not worth keeping free so can flow to hammering the run game or keeping out of injury zone?.. Point the gun at the problem..

I don’t believe this is entirely true. I think Marinelli has blessed the idea that he can get by with the pieces they put out there.

I believe it’s been reported that Marinelli has been a big influence on how they approach the DT spot.

Billyd

Reaction score
I agree, was wondering why no-one brings it up during any of Garrett or Stephen's press meetings.
Hey, your 2 starting DTs are out. Your very thin at the 1-tech position. What's the plan ? Why are you converting a promising 3-tech to a 1-tech.
Why are you guys so adverse to using resources on a talented DT. Does not talent equate to better protection for your Stud LBer ???
And so on and so on.
No-one ever does !

Seems like one of those smart Dallas COWBOY embedded sports reporting Professionals could duet!

Billyd

Reaction score
I don’t believe this is entirely true. I think Marinelli has blessed the idea that he can get by with the pieces they put out there.

I believe it’s been reported that Marinelli has been a big influence on how they approach the DT spot.

I think there is too much in the way of pointing the finger at Marinelli..Stephen owned it this year during the draft..its not up for debate!

I realize that Marinelli and his scheme requires a quick step one tech, for the purpose of Pressure up the middle, but SJ has made it clear that they dont value The classic one tech and they will continue to approach this position, as they have...He wasnt taking up for Marinelli, he was spewing his ego!

BigD_95

Reaction score
I would wait to see who gets cut before I trade away any picks. The odds are a 4th rounder will only get you an serviceable player and you might be able to sign a player that can provide that who gets cut

Billyd

Reaction score
Have we tried Irving at 1 tech?

THAT is not the question as irving playing as a shaded nose..Correct? YOU may be referring to teams trapping Irving last year. THATS a Difference in technique of a nose or a one tech...

glimmerman

Reaction score
THAT is not the question as irving playing as a shaded nose..Correct? YOU may be referring to teams trapping Irving last year. THATS a Difference in technique of a nose or a one tech...
I mean playing him where we are thin. I am not overly smart when it comes to difference in 1 and 3 tech. I know the 1 is supposed to clog the middle correct?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This team doesn't value DTs much at all so I doubt it happens unless an emergency comes out. I am all for it, though. We desperately need to strengthen the middle of this defense. That goes for safety as well.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I just went and watched talking cowboys. It does make me feel a bit better that they all see DT as a problem right now. If they see it, surely the coaches must see it - right ?