Would you be in favor of trading 4th round pick for DT?

Billyd

Reaction score
Wash got Settle..We could have had him but they took Shultzy there..

Sydla

Reaction score
They want young guys to develop but it hasnt worked other tha
N Mclain for one year..So Its a fail until you get a guy developed..To me the never ending rebuild on the dline merry go round!

Every offseason, it's the same thing. They scuttle around looking for cheap short term solutions to the 1 Tech spot.

It's maddening. Frankly, if you really want to argue it, they haven't really poured a lot into the 3 Tech, which is supposed to be the more important DT spot too. A 3rd round pick in Collins (who was then moved to the 1 Tech after their botched 1 Tech plan in 2017), a cast off from KC in Irving, a failed (at least to date) 2nd round pick in Ward and then some low hang fruit types.

I just don't get it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
True, if you can find a situation like this.

Bennett is a problem player, however, who fits the mold I discussed.

I had wondered why Jernigan was so cheap, glad I got my answer from you. Salary dump. Interesting.
Isn’t bennett in some trouble for pushing down a handicapped security guy at the sb?

Flamma

Reaction score
Irving is a good DT. But even when he's at his best he's not suited for the G-C gap. At least not IMO. He'd be plastered against our OL, and not going anywhere against most NFL teams too close to center.

Billyd

Reaction score
I think you are a lil Slight on Collins..He was one of the better tackled at 3tech two years ago. FIVE sacks from there a solid, and his run defense solid there at that time...It was Cedric and paea Retiring coz injury that screwed that pooch, More bad risk by Stephen and personnel in Free Agency..

This Year its Collins injury, and Irvings suspension throwing the rotation off. NOW..Brice and Say Woods or a jag to get us thru to Collins and Irving with Ward playing the three tech may fly, but i dont feel stable getting there, if thats even a long term solution due to Collins Injury status and Irvings nuttyness..So Im open minded about some insurance at tackle..Whether SJ will even consider it..Is the question..

Billyd

Reaction score
Irving is a good DT. But even when he's at his best he's not suited for the G-C gap. At least not IMO. He'd be plastered against our OL, and not going anywhere against most NFL teams to close to center.

I agree Irving is a sniper..Best used in matchups from either the end or occasional tackle but he doesnt hold up to the traps by better olineman..

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think they said he shoved a stadium employee.

As announced by the Harris County (Texas) District Attorney’s office, Eagles defensive end Michael Bennett was indicted by a grand jury today on the felony charge of injury of the elderly. The incident in question took place on Feb. 5, 2017, at Super Bowl 51 in Houston.

According to the office’s statement, Bennett pushed past security, including a 66-year-old paraplegic stadium employee, as he rushed onto the field to celebrate the Patriots’ win with his brother Martellus, a tight end for New England. A warrant has been issued for Michael’s arrest

Billyd

Reaction score
Why trade a pick when Hankins is out there.
I know. THATS another head scratcher..Hankins may think he is worth more plus he isnt always healthy other wise he wouldnt be on the market..I think Giants didnt think he was worth another contract either..

Billyd

Reaction score
We are paying FredBeard to do just that, what about an OL not as good, can Price beat them?
Price Is giving as well..They didnt show other plays in practice where Brice was giving Fredbeard hell..Brice has something..We just havent seen his full potential yet..Im not sold completely on him but not ready to give up either. WE NEED depth there if the other guys at tackle not solid .Some think Datone Jones Okay depth but he a jag at this point..Size not relative..

Billyd

Reaction score
THIS GUY THE LATEST TEST OF FATBOYS..Nothing from him so far.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/th...as-cowboys-run-stuffing-defensive-tackle/amp/

Sydla

Reaction score

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/th...as-cowboys-run-stuffing-defensive-tackle/amp/

LOL. Prototypical Marinelli guy............. undersized, high motor 1 Tech.

On Wednesday, the Cowboys reeled in their latest catch, signing former Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Antwaun Woods. Undrafted out of USC in 2016, the 6-1, 318 pound Woods is an undersized one-technique best described as a quick, high-motored refrigerator with arms.

I long for the future when we read that our DT is a highly coveted, mammothly skilled DT.............

Billyd

Reaction score
LOL. Prototypical Marinelli guy............. undersized, high motor 1 Tech.

I long for the future when we read that our DT is a highly coveted, mammothly skilled DT.............
At least he is 318.. Thats better than a 280 converted three tech!! Lolol

Billyd

Reaction score
Had 2 chances this draft to shore up this position but instead went DE and let the stinking skins take both.

Yep I kinda understood taking Shultz at 4 but Settle been a nice consolation prize..Wash probly ruin him as well..lol

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score

This guy is another long shot, the body type is right - it's just the talent level is off. Undrafted player.
That has been my grip for fricken years, if Marrinelli thinks he can do so much with all these cast offs, imagine what he could do with a high talent DT !!!
I've s as I'd it before. I would cut David Irving right now and not even think twice about it. Move Collins back to 3-tech where he belongs, and bring In a couple of vet 1-techs to get thru this season (cause they screwed up the later part of the draft). Next year (as always) I'm targeting a 1-tech in 1st or 2nd round and doing it each year till they bloody get it right !

Billyd

Reaction score
Once again Marinelli is not the one that keeps bringing in these types..Its stephen. HE owned it this draft..Marinelli is good about getting the best out of them, But Stephen is the problem coz thinks its not a good investment..What about Lee, Is he not worth keeping free so can flow to hammering the run game or keeping out of injury zone?.. Point the gun at the problem..