Would you be interested in Byron Jones returning?

Mr_437

Reaction score
I would be cool with BJ coming back to Dallas. However, there will be some good young CBs available when Cowboys pick.

kskboys

Reaction score
He missed the entire year. He will be 31. That screams "prove-it contract."
Ooops. He's 31 already?

Pass. The huge majority of CBs start falling off in a major way after 30. The ones who play past 33 are the rarities.

cowboyec

Reaction score
yes.
i always liked byron jones.
solid player.
really good at pass break-ups...which is also apart of good corner play.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is some talk about the Dolphins may be asking him to take a pay cut or release him. Word is, he was still playing at high level before his injury.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-cb-byron-jones-not-likely-to-play-this-season

Byron Jones Not Likely for 2022
Miami Dolphins cornerback Byron Jones has been on the reserve/PUP list all season and likely will remain there
In this story:
miami-dolphins-logo.png

MIAMI DOLPHINS
The time has come that we can stop asking whether cornerback Byron Jones will play for the Miami Dolphins in 2022. Head coach Mike McDaniel suggested Monday it's not likely to happen.

Jones has been on the Reserve/PUP list all season after undergoing surgery on a leg in the offseason and McDaniel has been asked at the start of pretty much every week throughout the regular season whether this was the week Jones would return.

The answer always was that Jones wasn't quite ready, but the tone changed Monday.

"I'm very happy and comfortable with the players that we've been playing with at that position all season and I'm more focused on that," McDaniel said. "And I see Byron as a bonus. I don't rule out anything, but my expectations ...that'd be an awesome addition, but I'm really not counting on it or just more focused on the guys that we do have."

Here's his contract.........
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/byron-jones-16751/#:~:text=Current Contract,average annual salary of $16,500,000.
He had ankle surgery in March of 2022 and the recovery time was expected to be 2 months.
- Instead, he missed the entire 2022 season because he did not recover sufficiently to play in 2022.
- He'll be 31 during the 2023 season.

For 2M per he is worth signing if cut by the Dolphins...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He had ankle surgery in March of 2022 and the recovery time was expected to be 2 months.
- Instead, he missed the entire 2022 season because he did not recover sufficiently to play in 2022.
- He'll be 31 during the 2023 season.

For 2M per he is worth signing if cut by the Dolphins...
What I'm reading/hearing is Dolphins def want him back but only with a pay cut. Word is he wants out coz No.1 he's unhappy with how they have handled his injury and 2. his position coach, Sam Madison openly questioned his toughness.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I'm reading/hearing is Dolphins def want him back but only with a pay cut. Word is he wants out coz No.1 he's unhappy with how they have handled his injury and 2. his position coach, Sam Madison openly questioned his toughness.
If he can play at the same level as his last season in Dallas, then that would be an upgrade over pre-injury Anthony Brown.